Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
I've was going thru some old binders & found these. Of the 6 I have 5 have the same serial #. It's been way too long to remember how many boxes I busted but I'm guessing they all came from the same case.

1999 Pacific Prism
DSCN0020.jpg
DSCN0021.jpg
DSCN0022.jpg
DSCN0024.jpg
DSCN0025.jpg

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Okay, I think we've touched upon this a long time ago but can someone help me determine the difference between the 1997 Donruss Limited Exposure Non-Glossy? I think I need either the glossy or non-glossy but I'm just confused and this is another example of have a billion doubles bc I've tried acquiring the right one and people don't know what they have lol

Thanks guys!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I have a few of the Thomas variations upstairs, but no time to scan. The non-glossy looks identical to the base card, less the fact that it says "limited exposure" above the number on the reverse. I've never found an actual limited exposure parallel (meaning refractor finish) that doesn't have the designation above the card number.

It's really no different than the Topps refractors that are missing the "R" designation, or the non-refractors that have the "R."

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was searching for images......if I cant find them before I go I know someone here will.
Okay I figured it out by looking through my thousands of doubles. I see the difference between limited exposure and base... And the glossy has a refractor finish type. I now have all three variations: base, limited exposure glossy and limited exposure non-glossy

Thanks guys!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hey 90's collectors! I picked these up from my LCS. I don't think its too much to brag about but George states there is a Cruz Jr. collector that may be interested in the die cut. Figured I would post the others as well.

15.jpg

17.jpg
16.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Anyone know how many other version of these there are? I have 3 different versions here:

New Jersey Education Association Version:
92HitTheBooksBookmarks20-NewJerseyEducationAssociation93Series.jpg
92HitTheBooksBookmarks20-NewJerseyEducationAssociation93SeriesBack.jpg

Pennsylvania Education Association Version:
92HitTheBooksBookmarks20-PennsylvaniaEducationAssociation93Series.jpg
92HitTheBooksBookmarks20-PennsylvaniaEducationAssociation93SeriesBack.jpg

Virginia Education Association Version:
92HitTheBooksBookmarks20-VirginiaEducationAssociation93Series.jpg
92HitTheBooksBookmarks20-VirginiaEducationAssociation93SeriesBack.jpg

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
All 3 versions of 1999 Finest Peel & Reveal, there were 20 different players with one version of each. The Hyperplaid was the most common then the Sparkle followed by Stadium Stars.

Hyperplaid
DSCN0116.jpg

Sparkles
DSCN0117.jpg

Stadium Stars
DSCN0028-1.jpg

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Here is a variation I have found in the 1998 Pinnacle Plus Yardwork set. The cards on the left are the common version, while the ones on the right are missing the set of horizontal lines on the right side of the card. So far I have just found these three players. Does anyone else have any card without the lines on the right?

YardworkBagwell.jpg

And I just packed my doubles box for moving and won't be able to check for at least two to three months. Dammit!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Over 24 hours without a post? This thread is dead ;)

1997 Score Reserve Collection Kenny Lofton - I'm still working on this set. Any help would be appreciated. I especially need commons since they rarely come to market!
KennyLoftonReserveCollection.jpg

EX-2000 A Cut Above Albert Belle - my first one of these for $5 dlvd. These seem to sell well on ebay.
AlbertBelleACutAbove.jpg

1999 Topps Gold Label Juan Gonzalez Race to Aaron Red Label /44 - $19 dlvd
JuanGonzalezRacetoAaronRedF.jpg

JuanGonzalezRacetoAaronRedB.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Over 24 hours without a post? This thread is dead ;)

1997 Score Reserve Collection Kenny Lofton - I'm still working on this set. Any help would be appreciated. I especially need commons since they rarely come to market!
KennyLoftonReserveCollection.jpg

EX-2000 A Cut Above Albert Belle - my first one of these for $5 dlvd. These seem to sell well on ebay.
AlbertBelleACutAbove.jpg

1999 Topps Gold Label Juan Gonzalez Race to Aaron Red Label /44 - $19 dlvd
JuanGonzalezRacetoAaronRedF.jpg

JuanGonzalezRacetoAaronRedB.jpg

Nice Belle, one of my favorites... As for the Juan Gon, you got a killer deal?! I feel like the Belle sold on eBay for like $200+? Maybe I'm thinking of something else...

Members online

Latest posts