Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I got my Bags Sample... easy to spot on his card.

regular
Leaf%20119.jpg

promo
Leaf%20119%20Promo.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Do these actually say sample on the back? I don't apparently have one for Bags.

No, they dont. This sample is based on the location of the trademark next to the leaf logo. The trademark is further away from the logo, and the foil logo itself is slightly smaller on the promo.

I actually had it sitting in my doubles box. Didnt know about it until i read it here in the promo thread, and out of the 9 doubles I had, one of em was the promo.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
No, they dont. This sample is based on the location of the trademark next to the leaf logo. The trademark is further away from the logo, and the foil logo itself is slightly smaller on the promo.

I actually had it sitting in my doubles box. Didnt know about it until i read it here in the promo thread, and out of the 9 doubles I had, one of em was the promo.

Gotcha. Sweet. I'll have to check my doubles. Probably already have the damn thing...

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Recent COMC pickups...for cheap!

14b9e120-7686-49ea-9554-81865aa578f2.jpg
05dd56fc-a6fd-4370-b987-fe09659f2579.jpg

Man, You're quick Ross. I clicked on these to buy them and I saw the dreadful "out of stock" from COMC. As you stated, many sellers don't know the price point on these mid to low-tiered inserts and parallels. I guess what they say is true "patience is a virtue"

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Did anyone else notice that Beckett finally adjusted the prices on the 1990 Donruss Aqueous cards? They also increased the book value on the 1993 Topps Black Gold ABCD Redemption card from $0.15 to $50.00. Nice to see that they are making an attempt to get more accurate with some of these cards.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Didn't realize these were still hard to find. A complete set recently sold for $35 on ebay and a bunch of singles showed up last week on COMC.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Didn't realize these were still hard to find. A complete set recently sold for $35 on ebay and a bunch of singles showed up last week on COMC.

I must have just had bad luck over the years with this set. I have made a point to search for this card once a week for years and have never come across a Larkin. Bad timing I guess :)

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Just saw this in the SCD - Anyone have any of these?

1996 Pinnacle Fanfest Playing cards:

It says "A special version of the Fanfest cards were produced for construction of a large house of cards at the Fanfest site. Following the event, some of the cards made their way into the hobby. Similar in format to the regular cards, the special issue was produced on textured playing card stock format with rounded corners. The playing cards lack teh gold foild found on the regular cards and thus the players name is nowhere to be found. Backs have a large gold and white pinnacle logo on a black background. The cards are unnumbered.

The first 29 cards of the regular set supposedly have these versions. Anyone have any of these, or no where I can find one. Would like to see a pic if anyone has one.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just saw this in the SCD - Anyone have any of these?

1996 Pinnacle Fanfest Playing cards:

It says "A special version of the Fanfest cards were produced for construction of a large house of cards at the Fanfest site. Following the event, some of the cards made their way into the hobby. Similar in format to the regular cards, the special issue was produced on textured playing card stock format with rounded corners. The playing cards lack teh gold foild found on the regular cards and thus the players name is nowhere to be found. Backs have a large gold and white pinnacle logo on a black background. The cards are unnumbered.

The first 29 cards of the regular set supposedly have these versions. Anyone have any of these, or no where I can find one. Would like to see a pic if anyone has one.

There's a discussion about them and a few scans in this thread.

Members online