Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
There's a discussion about them and a few scans in this thread.

Only about 800 pages to click through lol (actually I believe the search function has been improved on the new site). That being said, it would be legendary for someone to make a Super Sweet 90's Link post listing all the issues that have been discussed as links to the pages. Someone get on that

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Only about 800 pages to click through lol (actually I believe the search function has been improved on the new site). That being said, it would be legendary for someone to make a Super Sweet 90's Link post listing all the issues that have been discussed as links to the pages. Someone get on that

Awesome idea. I already tackled the 1998 Select set. Maybe I'll work on some others.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Just saw this in the SCD - Anyone have any of these?

1996 Pinnacle Fanfest Playing cards:

It says "A special version of the Fanfest cards were produced for construction of a large house of cards at the Fanfest site. Following the event, some of the cards made their way into the hobby. Similar in format to the regular cards, the special issue was produced on textured playing card stock format with rounded corners. The playing cards lack teh gold foild found on the regular cards and thus the players name is nowhere to be found. Backs have a large gold and white pinnacle logo on a black background. The cards are unnumbered.

The first 29 cards of the regular set supposedly have these versions. Anyone have any of these, or no where I can find one. Would like to see a pic if anyone has one.

They also existed in 97. Like a fool I passed on the andruw at $50. Not thrilled.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I must have just had bad luck over the years with this set. I have made a point to search for this card once a week for years and have never come across a Larkin. Bad timing I guess :)

I hadn't seen mine until just recently either. I was able to pick mine up on COMC for few bucks cheaper than the ebay one that is listed thanks to Fandruw25. These are definately harder to find than some people realize. I had been looking for one for over 3 years before getting mine.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I hadn't seen mine until just recently either. I was able to pick mine up on COMC for few bucks cheaper than the ebay one that is listed thanks to Fandruw25. These are definately harder to find than some people realize. I had been looking for one for over 3 years before getting mine.

Apparently I've had the Bagwell for a while now so I don't even remember when I got it. I've seen a couple since.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
A couple of not super rare but always overpriced Madduxes that I finally pulled the trigger on, and a Joe Carter Power Package Jumbo. Really like that set.

1990FleerCanadian.jpg

1994OPeeCheeJumboAllStarsFoil.jpg

1997UpperDeckPowerPackageJumbos2.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
MOTHER $*)$@#*$ I hate it when I midjudge a card I want and don't bid. After the Randy Johnson PMG goes for $89 I assume the Edgar goes for about that. I hope to hell I couldn't have won that Edgar for $35. Damn that is an awesome card.

RJ
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item337620b3d4&item=221025186772&nma=true&pt=US_Baseball&rt=nc&si=t6BPuLSFCkoegr8JX82W6BA1aGY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edgar
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Edgar-...0769125516?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2ebec5bc8c

More fun w/ Edgar. Recently someone put up a bunch of single 98 Tek auctions for Edgar. Three of the normal patterns sell for $20!!!!!!!!!!! While the lone diffractor sells for $18. WTFH?! :eek: And I thought I was doing well to sell one of the buyers my Edgars at $5 each!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

What was it? Looks like it was removed?

More fun w/ Edgar. Recently someone put up a bunch of single 98 Tek auctions for Edgar. Three of the normal patterns sell for $20!!!!!!!!!!! While the lone diffractor sells for $18. WTFH?! And I thought I was doing well to sell one of the buyers my Edgars at $5 each!

Sometimes with the Teks, it all depends on who needs what pattern for their run. I'm down to about 10 Burnitz's and I'd probably pay a premium for those last ones as its been awhile since I crossed one off the list. Not a $20 premium but still lol

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Some recent pick-ups:

JimThomeBigBoppers.jpg

For some reason I had never seen these before. They are totally rad, dude. A crying shame they did not do a refractor version of these beauties.

MannyRamirezPowerKings.jpg

AlbertBellePowerKings.jpg

And picked up a couple more Reserve Collections...

MikeMussinaRFReserveCollection.jpg

including this biggie to mark off my list. At least it only takes money to get the big names when they come to market. The commons I may never find!

FrankThomasGYReserveCollection.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
sometimes i'm curious to see what I missed out on--and other times I hate seeing that I missed out on stuff. Ebay completed listings is a blessing AND a curse :)

I didn't hit the BIN, just saw it later while searching complete Thomas listings. That said, I certainly would have hit the BIN had I seen it first lol.

Members online

Latest posts