Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think this is my 5th!

GriffeyDiffractorP21.jpg

:eek: Wow... bet Griffey collectors hate you ;)

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
Loved the 1996 You Crash the Game Set. Odds of hitting a silver contest card were 1:5, so I always bought five packs at a time at the BX. The odds were beautiful, as I always hit at least one contest card. For a nine year old this was heaven! I was practically guaranteed five silver signatures, one YCTG, and had an outside chance for a Nomo Scrapbook (1:12 packs). All this for five dollars? Couldn't believe it.

crash.jpg

Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
TNP - does it really stay for the whole day? My guess is that you missed it by mere minutes.

kyle - I love those too. I try to pick them up when I can, but people want more for them than I'm willing to pay. I think I have two or three.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
TNP - does it really stay for the whole day? My guess is that you missed it by mere minutes.

kyle - I love those too. I try to pick them up when I can, but people want more for them than I'm willing to pay. I think I have two or three.

Yeah - I had to bite the bullet and pay more than I wanted to for that one. For some reason it was a tougher find than it should have been. Donruss made some awesome cards in 1997. I especially loved these too - they were really cool 2-sided cards and they were tough. I believe a stated print run of 40 or less for teh star factor limited exposures:

97DonrussLimitedExposure153BarryLarkinS.jpg
97DonrussLimitedExposure153BarryLarkinSBack.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I have no idea. Ross PMed me about it early this morning - he's the one that saw the ended listing. Fairly disappointed, as this has been on my list for a long time. I'm guessing it'll show up on the Bay with a big markup. I hope it doesn't hurt too much, otherwise I'll just have to pass and keep looking.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
COMC inventory is cached frequently because they keep a lifetime sales and purchase record for all transactions. That card wasn't there last week when I searched, but it was last night, so I assume it sold in the last week.

Anyway, it'll continue to be searchable until COMC changes their policy. For example, here's a biggie I purchased last year...I found it by googling "1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Atomic Refractor PSA 10" and it was one of the first listings despite coming up on a year after the sale.

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Card...e_FThomas_DLee_JBagwell/2146287/GRADED/PSA/10

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Loved the 1996 You Crash the Game Set. Odds of hitting a silver contest card were 1:5, so I always bought five packs at a time at the BX. The odds were beautiful, as I always hit at least one contest card. For a nine year old this was heaven! I was practically guaranteed five silver signatures, one YCTG, and had an outside chance for a Nomo Scrapbook (1:12 packs). All this for five dollars? Couldn't believe it.

crash.jpg

Great memories :mrgreen: I was also the kind of kid that wanted to get at least a parallel in every pack.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
COMC mailday + a little ebay

1998 Leaf Fractal Matrix Gold Z-Axis Die Cut Ivan Rodriguez /100

IvanRodriguezLeafZ-AxisGoldDC.jpg

Diamond Tribute Griffey

GriffeyDiamondTribute.jpg

and Juan

JuanGonzalezDiamondTribute.jpg

Buhner Platinum Blue

JayBuhnerPacificBlue.jpg

And I had never seen one of these before. Looks much better in hand because you get more metallic sheen from the background. 1998 SP Authentic Sheer Dominance Titanium /100

JuanGonzalezSheerDominanceTitanium.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
And I had never seen one of these before. Looks much better in hand because you get more metallic sheen from the background. 1998 SP Authentic Sheer Dominance Titanium /100

JuanGonzalezSheerDominanceTitanium.jpg

I just purchased the Thomas from Burbank and it should be here tomorrow. I was impressed at only $25 delivered from the 'Bank.

Members online

Latest posts