Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
1998SPAuthenticTitanium.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah - I had to bite the bullet and pay more than I wanted to for that one. For some reason it was a tougher find than it should have been. Donruss made some awesome cards in 1997. I especially loved these too - they were really cool 2-sided cards and they were tough. I believe a stated print run of 40 or less for teh star factor limited exposures:

97DonrussLimitedExposure153BarryLarkinS.jpg
97DonrussLimitedExposure153BarryLarkinSBack.jpg

Not sure about other players but the market got a wee bit flooded with Bagwells on ebay. They are still somewhat easy to come by which made me wonder, given the year and the supposed print run...how accurate was the print run? Or was somebody just holding a stash and dumb enough to dump them in excess? I got my copies from wolverine(famous weasel on ebay). But for Bags...they aren't any big deal.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nice pick ups.

I noticed Burbank lowered a lot of their prices.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

It seems they've been doing this. Great deal on a Bags Crusade purple if anyone gets the itch. I think they run em through a few times and then rehash, only cheaper. I'm beggining to love burbank.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
What do you do sit on your pc. 24/7??? i never see Juans like that on comc.

The Sheer Dominance Titanium was actually a $12 dlvd BIN on the bay.

The Diamond Tribute was on COMC from that seller we mentioned recently that listed what was almost a master set of 1997-1999 tough inserts from Ultra and Fleer. Both times a big batch of his showed up it was all at once and were sitting there when I woke up on a Saturday morning as if it had occurred overnight. I think his name is mycollection? Since he listed them at a % off of book price, Juans are a no-brainer. I think I got Diamond Tribute for $4, Starring Role for $3, and Diamond Immortals for $5.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Never seen that Larkin and it is not on my list (The predictor). What year is that from....and are they tough to find?

That would be 1995 Upper Deck Predictors Award Winners Exchange. The Vaughn/Larkin above is the redeemed version of the Long Shot exchange card. The Long Shot was made in the event that a major award went to none of the predicted award winners in 1995. In fact, both MVPs went to players that Upper Deck didn't "predict." The redeemed Award Winners Exchange cards are not really all that scare. The retail League Leader Predictors from Series 2 (R31-R60) are pretty tough. Note, there are none of the R31-R60s on COMC, and the handful on ebay are in clarkfans store.

I picked up a Maddux Award Wiiner Exchange not too long ago.

1995UpperDeckPredictorAwardWinnersExchange.jpg

Last edited:

Rocketman12

Jun 25, 2011
Never seen that Larkin and it is not on my list (The predictor). What year is that from....and are they tough to find?

It's the 1995 Upper Deck Predictor Award Winners Exchange #H10 redeemed winner. It's probably not super rare, but the only way to get the MVP Exchange cards was to send in the Long Shot Wild Card, because neither of the MVP winners from 1995 (Vaughn, Larkin) had their own card in the Predictor set.

Edit: Oops -- AUTaxMan beat me to it. Thanks!

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
That's one of the cards on my list that I've put off for years thinking I could get it for cheap someday. Was that a new listing on COMC or did someone finally drop the price on it? I should have kept it in my cart to keep an eye on it.

PM'ed!

Picked this up for an absolute steal, and it's not a backdoored one either (has all the foil on back):

Members online