Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
they are nice
sheerdom.jpg

1998SPAuthenticSheerDominanceTitanium001100.jpg

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
Not sure about other players but the market got a wee bit flooded with Bagwells on ebay. They are still somewhat easy to come by which made me wonder, given the year and the supposed print run...how accurate was the print run? Or was somebody just holding a stash and dumb enough to dump them in excess? I got my copies from wolverine(famous weasel on ebay). But for Bags...they aren't any big deal.

1997DonrussLimited37StarFactorExposure.jpg

1997DonrussLimited36StarRookieExposure.jpg

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
Loved the 1996 You Crash the Game Set. Odds of hitting a silver contest card were 1:5, so I always bought five packs at a time at the BX. The odds were beautiful, as I always hit at least one contest card. For a nine year old this was heaven! I was practically guaranteed five silver signatures, one YCTG, and had an outside chance for a Nomo Scrapbook (1:12 packs). All this for five dollars? Couldn't believe it.

crash.jpg

1996CollectorsChoiceYCTG.jpg
1996CollectorsChoiceYCTGGold.jpg

1996CollectorsChoiceYCTGGold-Sept.jpg
1996CollectorsChoiceYCTGGold-June.jpg
1996CollectorsChoiceYCTGGold-July.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Not sure about other players but the market got a wee bit flooded with Bagwells on ebay. They are still somewhat easy to come by which made me wonder, given the year and the supposed print run...how accurate was the print run? Or was somebody just holding a stash and dumb enough to dump them in excess? I got my copies from wolverine(famous weasel on ebay). But for Bags...they aren't any big deal.

I believe these cards got backdoored similar to the 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Golds. I never understood which ones were allegedly backdoored, so I've just ignored them all. The Fabric of the Game cards should be okay since they were serial numbered.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I believe these cards got backdoored similar to the 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Golds. I never understood which ones were allegedly backdoored, so I've just ignored them all. The Fabric of the Game cards should be okay since they were serial numbered.

I wouldn't ignore them per se. They just seem way more plentiful and prices suggest that.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The Sheer Dominance Titanium was actually a $12 dlvd BIN on the bay.

The Diamond Tribute was on COMC from that seller we mentioned recently that listed what was almost a master set of 1997-1999 tough inserts from Ultra and Fleer. Both times a big batch of his showed up it was all at once and were sitting there when I woke up on a Saturday morning as if it had occurred overnight. I think his name is mycollection? Since he listed them at a % off of book price, Juans are a no-brainer. I think I got Diamond Tribute for $4, Starring Role for $3, and Diamond Immortals for $5.

There's a dude on ebay that had been selling the hell out of late 90's fleer and fleer ultra inserts. I only paid attention to the bags but I do know he listed enough in a row to where I ended up getting them all decently cheap. Filled a lot of holes. I like it when somebody does that because for one, I don't have to bid high as hell and secondly, everyone gets a piece of the pie.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Okay...so on the 95 leaf promos, I have two with the copyright embelem that are about maybe at best, an 1/8th of an inch away fro the leaf logo. All the other ones I have have the copyright right up next to the leaf logo. I don't have scans right now. Any help with some more examples? I'm looking at astroburn's pics of his cards and still can't decide if these are the promos or the regular card.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Mail day.
juan_picture.php

I need to get to scanning what I have for inserts. I have the Ripken from this set, I picked it up at a yard sale for $0.50...along with a small stack of other cool inserts for $0.25 each.

From the top of my head I know I picked up (there are more than I can remember right now):

1997 Leaf Statistical Standouts - Cal Ripken
1997 Leaf Knothole Gang - Cal Ripken
1997 Leaf Leagues of the Nation - Alex Rodriguez/Tony Gywnn
1997 Pinnacle Cramer's Choice - Chipper Jones
1998 Donruss Crusade Call To Arms - Andruw Jones #/250
1998 Donruss Crusade - Fernando Tatis #/250
1998 Leaf Rookies & Star Longevity - Barry Bonds #/50

1998-99 Topps Roundball Royalty - Michael Jordan (cost me $1)

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Even in my dry spell, FCB hooks me up. I got this TEK from Mansgame that PadresFan got for me. Thanks guys!

Topps%20Tek%2074-74.jpg

And Predator, once you put the promo in a stack of regulars, you can definitely see a difference in the size of the foil leaf logo, and the placement of that copyright logo. Scan yours and lets help you decide.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Even in my dry spell, FCB hooks me up. I got this TEK from Mansgame that PadresFan got for me. Thanks guys!

Topps Tek 74-74.jpg

And Predator, once you put the promo in a stack of regulars, you can definitely see a difference in the size of the foil leaf logo, and the placement of that copyright logo. Scan yours and lets help you decide.

Glad it arrived! How many patterns does that make in your collection? I need like another 40 myself lol

Also, side note... PadresFan said he would "pick up the bill" on this for you but I actually just gave you the card ;)

Members online

Latest posts