Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Recently picked up this bad boy--really like it, not sure why. It's not super shiny with an atomic refractor <insert other> finish. It's not die cut.

I just like it.

MartinezPedro_1999FleerTraditionStartingNine_1.jpg

WOW... never seen one... would LOVE to find the Belle (pretty sure he has one, I'll look)

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Super Sweet! I know why I like them... because I think of how rare they are and how long the odds were of finding one. Those were not high-end packs... who knows how many are actually in the hands of collectors right now. I love my Rusty. I've only ever seen one and I've got it.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Recently picked up this bad boy--really like it, not sure why. It's not super shiny with an atomic refractor <insert other> finish. It's not die cut.

I just like it.

MartinezPedro_1999FleerTraditionStartingNine_1.jpg

Congrats! That's Card #1 on my Mark Grace want list. So, so tough - never even seen a Grace in 13 years! You even got #1/9, cool! From all that I've seen, the first number being stamped above the other text is a common occurance.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Congrats! That's Card #1 on my Mark Grace want list. So, so tough - never even seen a Grace in 13 years! You even got #1/9, cool! From all that I've seen, the first number being stamped above the other text is a common occurance.

Are they not all numbered that way just signifying it's one of nine?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^I think they are sequentially numbered (ie, 1 of 9, 2 of 9, 3 of 9, etc.). There was a Piazza #d 6 of 9 on ebay for a long time, I think seller was asking $399 BIN or BO and I'm not sure if it ever sold.

^^Thanks Grace, yep, I love the 1 of 9, more because it's Pedro's position number :)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I Know This Is Not The Transaction Boards, But If One Of Theses Were Available, Would Anyone Be Interested??
98TeamPinnacleform.jpg

Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Here's what a horizontal one looks like. Looks like the serial number on mine also looks superscript. This was the card that started me on the road back to the hobby. I was only checking ebay about once every few months when I was totally bored. Saw this and threw a bid up thinking I had no chance. Won it for $17 and it kickstarted my interest again. That's when I figured out the market had dropped.

Rusty99FleerRainbow.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Some Maddux mail:

1998UpperDeckUnparalleled.jpg

I don't know about you, but every time...EVERY TIME I see a Gwynn Unparalleled I do a triple take just hoping it's a Quantum Leap...:-x

I just got another of these Pacific PRoofs...I still can't imagine getting one of these ultra thin film cards in a pack! Has anyone ever really pulled one of these? I just can't imagine:
New:
coopz.jpg

Prior:
proofs1.jpg

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
I haven't bought much recently for my Reggie collection, but I got this in yesterday and wanted to share. I was very glad to see it pop up for sale. The top edge is slightly peeling but not too terribly. It's not like I can just go get another one.

reggiesandersmasterpiece.jpg

Members online

Latest posts