Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
I haven't bought much recently for my Reggie collection, but I got this in yesterday and wanted to share. I was very glad to see it pop up for sale. The top edge is slightly peeling but not too terribly. It's not like I can just go get another one.

reggiesandersmasterpiece.jpg

This card is sick, you definately have one of the best collections on FCB. The Only 1 Of 1 Masterpiece

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Thanks guys, my first real 90s insert I have bought since the 90s!!

Saw a guy busted a box of 99 Bowman Chrome on SCF, asked him how much and he said how about $7 dlvd so I said ok. I knew it was a good deal but didnt really know until I had some Pizza collector offer me $200 before I even had it.

Think I should send it off to PSA and have it graded or just let it go for 2 bills? I asked before about a fair price because I saw another one BIN hit with only 2 views for $149 or BO!

Thanks for any help!

Larger Scan
001-1.jpg

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

Saw a guy busted a box of 99 Bowman Chrome on SCF, asked him how much and he said how about $7 dlvd so I said ok. I knew it was a good deal but didnt really know until I had some Pizza collector offer me $200 before I even had it.

Think I should send it off to PSA and have it graded or just let it go for 2 bills? I asked before about a fair price because I saw another one BIN hit with only 2 views for $149 or BO!

Thanks for any help!

Larger Scan
001-1.jpg

Excellent deal and I'd just let it go to the player collector for the two bills.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Hey guys,I have a 1996 Bowmans Best Atomic Refractor Jeter..Looking for a nice Griffey-Any interest,Please pm me.Sorry for the spam!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Neat-O! The whole Crusade Green set for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110912256274&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

That is awesome on the Piazza gold refractor! I can't believe he sold it for $7 dlvd! Must have been going for RCs in his box? I remember that the only reason I was able to afford a Greer back in 99-00 was because mine was listed as a normal refractor, there wasn't a scan, and you had to read the description to see that it was /25.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Thanks for any help!

No reason to send to PSA; I would check the registry though; might be useful to know if the set collectors have one. This recently sold:

1999 Bowman Chrome FRANK THOMAS #256 GOLD REFRACTOR 24/25

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Wish there was a 90's insert with Cal Ripken and Andruw Jones together. Sadly there is not, so this will have to do to as a tribute to Andruw tying Cal on the all time HR list last night:

ToppsMVPPromotion.jpg

I do have this however, please don't stone me!!

UpperDeckCooperstownCalling.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^ that was a steal on the Piazza at $7. I wonder how the box ripper could have been opening and posting and not realized what the "hits" in that box were...

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I would throw it out on ebay with a high BIN or best offer and fish, unless you've already committed to selling for $200

with rarer inserts, I feel that is the best way to maximize your return. I'm a big Piazza collector and if I didn't have that card would be very excited to see it hit the bay...

Sep 11, 2009
No reason to send to PSA; I would check the registry though; might be useful to know if the set collectors have one. This recently sold:

1999 Bowman Chrome FRANK THOMAS #256 GOLD REFRACTOR 24/25
I was watching that Thomas. Didn't ever think it would go for that high. Bought mine back in '02 for $18 before the 90's insert craze. Wish I would've bought some other players. $7 is an awesome price.
1999_Bowman_Chrome_Gold_Ref_PSA_9.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I was watching that Thomas. Didn't ever think it would go for that high. Bought mine back in '02 for $18 before the 90's insert craze. Wish I would've bought some other players. $7 is an awesome price.
View attachment 4110

Great purchase in 02, a buyer on BMB was buying commons for $25......he is a registry guy.

I would sell for the $200, I think the Thomas is a fair comparison and a tad better than Piazza. Even if it sold $300 on eBay the fees and BS are not worth the hassle, sell to a player collector and make your $190.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
Picked up a Mondesi for my PC for about $20 dlvd, it's one of my favorite Mondesi cards. Shep, $200 is a fair price on the Piazza IMO as well, I'd sell off eBay at that price.

Mondesi99BCgoldrefractor25.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Just sold the Piazza off eBay for $330!!

Not to bad for a $7 investment, right?

You should give some of that money back to the old lady you ripped off to get that Piazza at the swap meet... "Mike Pizza?? I don't even know who Mike Pizza is..." Right right.. you should be ashamed!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You should give some of that money back to the old lady you ripped off to get that Piazza at the swap meet... "Mike Pizza?? I don't even know who Mike Pizza is..." Right right.. you should be ashamed!

I know your joking but I honestly half expected some turd to come in here bashing him for getting a hell of a deal. I think he did great and am happy for him. But you know some folks just can't roll easy...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts