Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
got this today from some magic guy;)

aaamagic.jpg

;)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Thanks guys. I have had that card for some years now and hope the buyer injoys it as much as i did.Was hard to let go but have other interest. I still buy but not the very high end stuff.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Some of it. I would sell it as a whole but who has that kind of dough laying around. I will do better just breaking it up. Content on one at a time. Have sold over 100 unique cards this year and still have 4350 unique 76%+ If you minus the 1/1's i was at 87% at one time. Just hate going to the safety box at the bank all the time to get cards out!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Some of it. I would sell it as a whole but who has that kind of dough laying around. I will do better just breaking it up. Content on one at a time. Have sold over 100 unique cards this year and still have 4350 unique 76%+ If you minus the 1/1's i was at 87% at one time. Just hate going to the safety box at the bank all the time to get cards out!

Wow... that's impressive collection... Sorry to hear you're unloading but you got to do what you got to do

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Wow... that's impressive collection... Sorry to hear you're unloading but you got to do what you got to do

I'm still just in shock of how much Juan's cards go for. Dude was a beast for sure but damn...his collectors pay just as much as you see some of the top player's cards going for. It's weird.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Its been that way for a long time
The Griffey Bowman sold as a buy it now for $1500. I guess its good for what the Juan went for.

My point is, he's simliar to Bagwell, didn't play for a major market team, and probably won't be in the HOF. Yet I couldn't fathom paying $600 or more for any Bagwell card in existence and few, if any, ever approach that level. I guess I just always figured how good a player was would kinda dictate the price a little bit. It's not going to set the price. People's wallet does that. But, it should factor in.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I'm still just in shock of how much Juan's cards go for. Dude was a beast for sure but damn...his collectors pay just as much as you see some of the top player's cards going for. It's weird.

Its that way with my guy too.. the good cards fetch what I consider insane money and it has nothing to do with HOF cause he isn't getting in there either.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

Considering there's a website dedicated to juan collectors I'm sure that helps to create a lot of competition between members. I love that site even though I don't truly collect Juan - juangone.com

Also it seems like the Puerto Rico angle helps. I think some of his collectors are from there.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Considering there's a website dedicated to juan collectors I'm sure that helps to create a lot of competition between members. I love that site even though I don't truly collect Juan - juangone.com

Also it seems like the Puerto Rico angle helps. I think some of his collectors are from there.

Totally agree with this.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
You dont have to play for a big market team when your Nation LOVES you. Juan and Ivan sell beyond their numbers based on a Nation's love.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Uh...I wasn't aware the country of origin worked anywhere other than Asia. I just don't believe that's the case but I'll bet nosterbor knows. I'd imagine most of these big fish are stateside.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Uh...I wasn't aware the country of origin worked anywhere other than Asia. I just don't believe that's the case but I'll bet nosterbor knows. I'd imagine most of these big fish are stateside.

This is from my own personal experience and discussions with collectors. Almost 1/2 of the Pudge and Juan 1993s refractors ended up outside of the traditional US boarder. 2/3 of the high end Pudge and Juan cards I have recently sold have been sent to PR; ALL 90s inserts.

Asia has a collector base which will spend money; however, in my experience there are certain players that are highly collected elsewhere.

Last edited:

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Anyone got the odds? Sick card. Gotta love the 90s

The odds on the GA refractors are 1:1640 series one packs or 1:1330 series two packs. At 24 packs per box that is about one in 68 series one boxes or one in 55 series 2 boxes. I have ripped my way to maybe halfway on the series 2 odds...and have not pulled one. They are tough!

I have been lucky to run into two Manny's at reasonable prices. Apparently, nobody outside the US collects him... ;)

1998_Bowman_chrome_Golden_ref.jpgIMG-001.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
This is from my own personal experience and discussions with collectors. Almost 1/2 of the Pudge and Juan 1993s refractors ended up outside of the traditional US boarder. 2/3 of the high end Pudge and Juan cards I have recently sold have been sent to PR; ALL 90s inserts.

Asia has a collector base which will spend money; however, in my experience there are certain players that are highly collected elsewhere.

Wow. Who'da thought. Just odd with there being so many decent latino players from all over the place and PR is spending the big bucks.

Ok, so yeah I know it's not 90's, but does this happen with Clemente too?

Members online

Latest posts