Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
How many 52 Mantles are floating around? Now how many 1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor Jeters are floating around? 5!
I was asked by a fellow Juan collector why the bowman i sold went for so high. I asked him how many did he have. DUH.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Hoping COMC will be good to me. I am going to be sending in some boxes under the $55 promotion, including alot of 90s inserts.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thought I'd jazz this thread back up with one of the most exciting '90s insert additions to my Belle PC :eek:

b677bdf7.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
Last edited:

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Nice Belle addition. I thought about purchasing the Caminiti but decided to pass. Don't feel like paying that much for a Caminiti card lol Someone snagged it quick though

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
How many 52 Mantles are floating around? Now how many 1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor Jeters are floating around? 5!
I was asked by a fellow Juan collector why the bowman i sold went for so high. I asked him how many did he have. DUH.

The 1998 Team Mirror Gold is nice too........I was hoping you would list/sell it for more.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Awesome pickup on the Belle!

Thanks!

Nice! You finally got 1! I picked up another McGwire; this one I'm positive is legit. Great addition, a toughie indeed.

I just got outbid on this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/200793446858?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

....aaaaand how do I shorten links on the new forum?

Wow, you have two McGwires?! That is nuts... this was the first Belle I've ever seen and I'm 99% positive it's authentic but part of me wants to send it in. This and the others sold by the same seller, were from a Peter Max art collector who didn't want to break the set up and thought they would to go another Peter Max collector but that didn't happen and I told him they wouldn't and he would get better value if breaking them up but he couldn't pull himself to do it lol... anyways, I had to get this for the PC, migth never see another again.

Nice Belle addition. I thought about purchasing the Caminiti but decided to pass. Don't feel like paying that much for a Caminiti card lol Someone snagged it quick though

As you'll see from above, I had to pull the trigger on this guy... might never see one again. I also got a GREAT deal done with the seller but I've done multiple deals with him and he is a great guy and we worked out a nice deal for this. As for your Caminiti, it went quick on eBay! I figured it would be you considering I don't know any other Caminiti collectors but I guess there is one trolling out there? Or a Peter Max collector knocked it down? Anyways, you got to do what you got to do, can't get every card I guess.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
There is actually another Caminiti collector out there in the world. Shocking huh? I see him bid on a lot of Caminiti auctions I win on Ebay.

I'm certain a Peter Max collector won that auction though.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There is actually another Caminiti collector out there in the world. Shocking huh? I see him bid on a lot of Caminiti auctions I win on Ebay.

I'm certain a Peter Max collector won that auction though.

Okay, I was going to say, I'm sure there are other collectors of his but not at this price point or high quality card... if there is, watch out... at least that's what I've though of when I think of another Belle collector coming out of the wood work

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I'm very content with my collection. I'm not collecting Cammy to hard now. Only four cards out there that I don't have and way to overpriced.

These are the ones I don't have...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1997-Fine...0687556507?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1e6d95db9b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cal-Ripken-...0420980802?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5ae6e76442

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-BOWMAN...0560949242?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item519f0f93fa

I did win an auction for one I didn't have today but it's a 2000's cards lol

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

First one is just stupid price, second is inflated because Ripken is on the card and the third doesn't seem horrible but a raw one would be less I'm sure.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
So what would you be willing to pay for all three auctions if you were in my shoes?

I would probably pull the trigger on the atomic if he was willing to budge a lil but he won't take a cent less. I see the major stars of the set go for less than half of what hes asking.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So what would you be willing to pay for all three auctions if you were in my shoes?

I would probably pull the trigger on the atomic if he was willing to budge a lil but he won't take a cent less. I see the major stars of the set go for less than half of what hes asking.

Man that's tough, you know Caminiti better than me but I can tell you I paid $50 all-in for the Belle samples (#2 link) and don't own either of your #1 link but think the last Belle went for like $250 or something raw. As for the last link, I mean $40 is graded a 10 and I don't know where "fair" is on that; if you're like me, you just want it raw lol.

I know non of this helps you but if Caminiti is at a discount of Belle, I would say you should get all three of these for under $300? Really, other than the third link, these two cards are TOUGH to get IMO.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Man that's tough, you know Caminiti better than me but I can tell you I paid $50 all-in for the Belle samples (#2 link) and don't own either of your #1 link but think the last Belle went for like $250 or something raw. As for the last link, I mean $40 is graded a 10 and I don't know where "fair" is on that; if you're like me, you just want it raw lol.

I know non of this helps you but if Caminiti is at a discount of Belle, I would say you should get all three of these for under $300? Really, other than the third link, these two cards are TOUGH to get IMO.

True. I don't own any graded cards and would prefer raw copies. I would also think Belle cards would go for way more than Caminiti.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
Picked these up, presumably from board members, I know the Andruw gold was from a member for sure. Thinking about going after both sets..

Jones98platinumgold30b.jpg

GonzalezMasterCraftsmen100.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Don't think I had the chance to share this one yet---

PiazzaMike_1997ToppsGalleryPeterMaxSignatureSeriesSerigaphs_16_BGS9.jpg

card was up on ebay but was picked up by another Piazza collector. Fortunately I knew the buyer, who happened to already have a copy. Being a good guy, he decided to part with this copy for cash/trade on some Piazza card for about what he paid for it. Actually worked out well for me because my cash expense was lower.

Latest posts