Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Wow! Don't think I would pay that. Didn;t realize that 97's were that much harder to come by. Same print run as 98 correct?

Yes but there are several cards that I have seen only one to three copies, Eddie Murray comes to mind. Packs came out at $15 for the three cards......the 1998 have only been floating around, I assume because many did not want the non-pack issued cards.

Rickey at $75 is a steal as well, especially with the recent 1996 mirror gold prices.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thought I'd play too :)

f82476f6.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Don't be to bummed. With a refractor line on it, it takes the value down by half or so anyway, so probably a $20 card, maybe even less.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Really? A thousand dollars? Damn!

Yep, just met the right buyer at the right time I think. Set collector rather than Thomas collector. I sold the Bags couple weeks back for $85. Not quite as popular as Crusades, but I think they are just as eye appealing in hand. Fleer did great work with that set.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
yeah I just saw a few of the listed. you going to grab the larkin?

Wow - I made an offer and won the first 1998 Totally Certified Gold Test Issue Larkin and now 2 more Larkin's were listed. Not sure how many copies I want to buy, but the prices are tough to pass up!

Edit:
Couldn't pass up the $39.99 BIN - Maybe I'll take the peel off one of them and call it a variation :)

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yep, just met the right buyer at the right time I think. Set collector rather than Thomas collector. I sold the Bags couple weeks back for $85. Not quite as popular as Crusades, but I think they are just as eye appealing in hand. Fleer did great work with that set.

You got double the amount I paid for my Bags. I got mine a long time ago. Oddly enough it was auction too, not some nice BIN. But that was a little while before everyone on planet earth was buying up 90's stuff.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ok, so, 1996 Collector's Choice You Make The Play...there are two versions. Now of the base card, I have both. But I just snagged a gold signature of the card and I'm wondering which version is #3 and which version counts as #3a? I have the strikeout version. I checked the big beckett annual volume and also the monthly and can't figure it out.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Ok, so, 1996 Collector's Choice You Make The Play...there are two versions. Now of the base card, I have both. But I just snagged a gold signature of the card and I'm wondering which version is #3 and which version counts as #3a? I have the strikeout version. I checked the big beckett annual volume and also the monthly and can't figure it out.

The Strikeout is 3, the other version (Walk, I think), is 3A. Not sure why Beckett no longer lists the different versions, they did at one point, that's how I used to tell what I needed.

Members online

Latest posts