Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I've been collecting ARod for 16 years now and just saw the first one today. I bought it. I didn't even know if there was one of him or not in the set. There was discussion about these variations a while back. Whoever was leading the conversation had a Griffey and was inquiring about them as well. I don't recall what was ever established.

I just looked back in this thread and I didn't see where anything was established...

The same seller posted another one if anyone is interested.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I thought your username was familiar - are you still chasing Dilfer cards? I think you and the Mark Brunell collector have the most amazing football player collections I've ever seen.

Thanks for the compliment on my collection. I don't know if anybody's football collection comes near Jaderock's Brunell collection, though, that thing is unbelievable. I really do need to scan my whole collection someday but that'll take forever. I am definitely still chasing Dilfer cards, I just don't often see any pop up that I need. There is another guy who looks like he doesn't collect anymore and has most of the 1/1's locked up in his collection.
Richard

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
img395.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Got this Roberto Alomar in and it was what I was hoping it was - a 1998 Donruss Collections Preferred Prized Collections /55. Not bad for $5, but now I'm thinking I could have had it for 99 cents if I had bid on the auction instead of hitting the BIN.

RobertoAlomarPrizedCollections.jpg

Also got in this great lot for just $20! I had seen these cards on Sportsbuy from Brickman for probably two years. But he listed them so oddly - calling Fractal Matrix Fractal Foundations and saying that the print run on Die Cuts was 3250 instead of 200.

1998 Elite Status /100

RustyGreer1998EliteStatus.jpg

1998 Leaf Curtain Calls Fractal Matrix Silver X-Axis Die Cut /400

FrankThomas1998LeafFractalMatrix.jpg

1998 Leaf Curtain Calls Fractal Materials Plastic X-Axis Die Cut /200

KennyLofton1998FractalMaterialsDieCut.jpg

1998 Leaf Curtain Calls Fractal Materials Plastic X-Axis Die Cut /200

KenGriffeyJr1998LeafFractalMaterialsDieCut.jpg

(and a 1998 Black Diamond Rookies Quadruple Junior Seau /100 for good measure)

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Picked up a pretty ridiculous collection last week. I will break it into a couple posts. Not sure if anything is for sale right now. I went half with a buddy of mine and he wants to just throw everything on ebay. So that might be where you can find it all. So without further adieu, let's begin:

1996 Ultra

96calltohall.jpg

96calltohallgold.jpg

96checklist.jpg

96goldenprospects.jpg

96hittingmachines.jpg

96onbaseleaders.jpg

96rawhide.jpg

96respect.jpg

96risingstars.jpg

96thunderclap.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Hey guys - instead of trying to resell my box of 1998 Topps Tek to make some bucks, I have just asked FCB for permission to do a group box break. For more info check out my Topps Tek thread. I got the box for $120 and am sharing the value.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Those are the harder to find versions that have the "hanging chads," or the helmets and hat brims. It appears Fleer did away with them, for a more sleek design because of production or condition sensitivity.

Any idea on how I would list these? Would collectors know them by "hanging chad"? Would they be promos or samples since they weren't packed out I assume? Thanks for the help.

Also found these in the lot. Thought they were pretty cool:

batmanlot1.jpg

Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Any idea on how I would list these? Would collectors know them by "hanging chad"? Would they be promos or samples since they weren't packed out I assume? Thanks for the help.
I would say something like:
Ultra rare! L@@K! Ebay 1/1! Only one on Ebay! Super Short Print! Executives Only! Limited! HOT! MOJO!!
Mine:
1.jpg

DSCN9062.jpg

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Super sweet find on all of these jbrown. You got everything else from 96 Ultra so I have to ask if you have any Thunderclap Gold Medallions.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Super sweet find on all of these jbrown. You got everything else from 96 Ultra so I have to ask if you have any Thunderclap Gold Medallions.

Sorry I do not. I think the only gold meds he didn't have were the thunderclap and hitting machines.

Members online