Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
same here - I can't remember the seller that had all of those Pacific event-stamped cards. It was many years ago, I know that - and they were always just a little more than I wanted to spend, but I ended up buying most of what he had.

It was SouthPaw Cards - I have about 50 of those imprinted cards as well, like this one:
94Pacific150-EmbossedVancouverBCApril3-51998.jpg

Here are some more foil stamped ones:
98LeafRookiesStars21-Stamped20thNationalAtlanta1999.jpg
98LeafRS21-ClevelandNational2001.jpg
98LeafRookiesStars21-StampedSportsfest1999.jpg
98LeafRS21-Wizardworld2001.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
It was SouthPaw Cards - I have about 50 of those imprinted cards as well, like this one:
you're right about Southpaw having some, but they're not the dealer I'm thinking of. I took a trip in the eBay time machine and had a look at feedback left for me many many moons ago. I think the seller of most of the ones I have was "apache-moon" - I purchased 16 total items from them between September 2000 and August 2004, and I think most (if not all) of them were oddball-type things.

Speaking of Southpaw, they were the ones I bought my '92 Diamond King Super from. It sat in his online store for a few years at least before Drew (ajw) convinced me to pull the trigger.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I only have as issue with hoarding if it potentially keeps me from ever getting my hands on a card I need. Someone here is guilty of that with a particular ex-Cub/D'backs player.... :D

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Since we're still off topic I'll add this: at times it may be sickening to see someone's stash, yes. And while I don't get much personal enjoyment from seeing how someone (lets say George lol) will bid high on items they don't necessarily need with the sole purpose of "protecting" their past investments, I must admit I respect them for doing so. George (not to single you out, but you're a high profile member here) and collectors like him saw what we all saw when the internet and eBay shrunk the card collecting world and almost collapsed it completely. The difference is they decided to do something about it, and that's pretty cool even if it costs the rest of us!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Glad you took my comments tongue in cheek, I actually only have a few Ripkens I hoard, but the ones I have I mostly bought in lots hoping to be able to pull a PSA 10 out of them. The Platinum Teams I actually bought in a lot that came with the Premier Club as well. The 5 Star Bonus? I can't explain that one, I just like the card and they were all cheap :p

Everybody knows you a sick Ripken collecting puppy Tunahead :shock: Did ya really have to show how much ??

George ya know I love ya bro. I spent the last year taking care of the wife ( has lymphoma complications and we've been getting treatments at Cancer Center of Nevada for 10 months).

Tuna--to return your picture favor I was going to post the 20 1992 Barry Colla All-Star Promo sets I have to show my own bit of that sickness- but sadly they are back in my CT storage unit. So I salute you thus=

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOVE ME COMMAS CAUSE I CAN'T BE A CARD HOARDER ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol::lol:

(Really now,,, its all in good fun,,,, collect what you desire and let no ones "opinion" affect it. My opinion on card hoarders means nothing to anyone except myself )

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I kind of agree with Jeff except...I am a card hoarder. I have had to cut back on even buying boxes and packs simply because I'll want to keep all the cards of the star players. I used to bust a freaking slew of wax boxes and I alway felt it was a waste of money and time to just take what I needed for a set, keep the hits, and get rid of everything else. So I started to keep all the cards of star players. So yeah, I have a lot of base cards, but I've also got a slew of hits. Now, I try to buy complete or semi complete sets, and finish them off myself. I also buy Bagwell cards and autos and inserts/gu of my favorite players or new players just coming up. I've had to do this so I don't over collect. And one day I'm going to go through everything I have and get rid of all doubles.

So I guess I'm a horder because I have a total of like 6,000 Bagwells, 200+ complete sets, a slew of Stackhouse cards, and about 200,000 other cards from base to 1/1 autos of players I collect. I've honestly thought about just going after very rare inserts, GU, and autos and rookies of players I collect. Pretty much, that is all I buy now anyways. But I've thought about trimming down what I have to that. Only thing stopping me is that it doesn't take up that much space. That is exactly why I moved from comics to cards. But I don't know that I am a hoarder because I will get rid of things, price be damned, and I will narrow down my focus or collection. I just haven't seen any reason to except for the fact that I can accomplish far more worthwhile pursuits by buying only certain types of cards. But yeah...Calfas does his thing. I guess why I don't care so much is because he will sell stuff to collectors and I'm thinking he has the money to burn, and he has been in this for a while. So he does his thing. No harm no foul. Now if someone went crazy and purchased every copy of a card of Bags and wouldn't budge on one, yeah, that would be weird.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I keep hearing people say this type of stuff,,, well my "opinion" differs greatly from your two,,,
While I've kept that opinion to myself for years--- I've had enough now of seeing no one call it like it really should be
:mad:

Sick is right,,,,, and no its not good for that person,,,,

Hoarding by anyone for any reason is a mental illness,,,, and its amongst the most selfish acts possible,,,, ever seen the show about hoarders? Notice how no amount of love by family or friends affects the person? Doesn't matter if the persons wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, whomever tries helping them they do not respond,,,,, I witnessed it daily for years in my wifes father-- a Depresion era baby-- who hoarded everything from plastic trash bags to nuts & bolts,,,,, never understanding when enough was enough,,,,, and never understanding how shared experiences with others could enrich his life MORE than his hoarding,,,,

Collectors who hoard need professional help,,,,

No one should be celebrating anyone's EXCESSIVE accumulation of anything,,,,

One or two of something with lots available is one thing,,,, 13, 50, 100-- no =its not ok ,,,,and yes its a sickness ,,,, I don't personally enjoy seeing anyone's massive hoard of any one item or items,,,,

Don't get me wrong,,,, as a player collector I love seeing someones collection of items,,,, seeing George's collection of sets is great,,,, seeing his 30 or so Golds of one guy is not okay,,,,, same goes for any other collector who shows me excessive collections of anything,,,, sorry but you lose me,,,, I prefer hearing about a guy who purchased a lot of them---then went and found others who enjoyed collecting that set or player and helping them to get the same enjoyment from shared experience,,,, this I can understand because even a non-mental health professional can see its not a selfish act its acts of kindness or sharing,,,,, better mentally,,,,

My apology if my personal opinion differs from those collecting a guy in multiples,,,, but if the end result is not sharing either thru selling, trading, or giving away then frankly its selfishness I don't need to witness or celebrate,,,,

Many of those collectors I know to be great people-- George especially--- just understand I don't enjoy seeing EXCESSIVE accumulations of anything for any reason at all,,,, I'd rather hear about a guy who collected 40 of them,,,,, then went out and traded, sold, or gave away to help others collections,,,,

MY PERSONAL OPINION,,,, which obviously may or may not be understood by others,,,,

Jeff
That is so true Jeff. I will help you along, my paypal address is
[email protected]
you can send me a gift of all the moneys in your bank account. This will help you in the hording of all the cash you have on hand. I know it is hard for some people to help others,but i am willing to help you in this matter. no need to thank me.
P.s.
Please dont wait to long,the more you think about it, will only prolong the suffering you must be going through.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I don't think somebody who gets 50 of the same card is a "hoarder", but I don't really understand it. I guess my collecting interests are broad enough that there is always something else out there to buy, so why spend $10 on a card I already have when I can spend the money on a card I don't have?

I really think buying multiple upon multiple of the same tough card is kind of a junky thing to do, but that could be because I was on the other end of that equation for so long. I was in college during Trent Dilfer's prime card years so I didn't have much money, and one guy with plenty of money would sometimes buy multiples of cards I needed. I couldn't match his bids so I was shut out of some cards I needed. I just think those who buy multiples of the same card should take some time to think about how they would feel if somebody with more money than them came along and outbid them on everything of their favorite player/team/set, just because they could.

Oh and to keep this more on topic:

bj97fsilref.jpg
bj97fembref.jpg

Richard

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

I was going to post the 20 1992 Barry Colla All-Star Promo sets I have to show my own bit of that sickness- but sadly they are back in my CT storage unit.

I hope you plan to hook a brother up with one of those Colla Promo's some one of these days. I don't hoard I just want one copy to add to my collection of single copies... and I never heard back from you on my PM about whether or not you needed the 2000 Star Ledger Clemens I have.

Members online