Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
:D

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 1998 Stadium Club Triumvirate (1) Luminous (2) Luminescent and (3) Illuminator?

I'm 99% sure the Luminous are the "base" insert and Luminescent is the same with a refractor finish? Not sure what Illuminator is.

A quick overview on these would be great, I'm looking at a Belle and need some help!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Hmm maybe it's just me but after reading the thread 3 times I don't really understand the difference lol. They posted the beckett description but again, not sure the difference.

So......... I googled the definitions for some help because someone referenced this in the tread. I'm guessing the Illuminator is see-through and the Luminescent is "refractor" finish? If someone could confirm I'd apprecaite it. I am also trying to confirm which I have and bought, etc.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Today's mail:

1997UpperDeckAmazingGreats.jpg
T2eC16NHJG8E9nyfmZSGBQN7HiuW-Q60_3.jpg

1999FleerBrilliantsShiningStarsPulsarMaddux.jpg

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Can anyone tell me the difference between the 1998 Stadium Club Triumvirate (1) Luminous (2) Luminescent and (3) Illuminator?

I'm 99% sure the Luminous are the "base" insert and Luminescent is the same with a refractor finish? Not sure what Illuminator is.

A quick overview on these would be great, I'm looking at a Belle and need some help!

I can't view/access photobucket from work. But I have a scan of the front and back in my photobucket of the luminescent and illuminator. If I recall correctly, I believe the one that you can see completely through is the illuminator. I can post the scan in the morning if you still need a visual by then.

And yes that thread referenced went nowhere in helping understand this. I did post the scans in this thread or a previous 90's thread. But I am sure you don't want to search through 400 plus pages. LOL

Btw, my illuminator is graded by BGS. Not that they don't make mistakes, but it does give a little credability to knowing which version is which.

Last edited:

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Hmm maybe it's just me but after reading the thread 3 times I don't really understand the difference lol. They posted the beckett description but again, not sure the difference.

So......... I googled the definitions for some help because someone referenced this in the tread. I'm guessing the Illuminator is see-through and the Luminescent is "refractor" finish? If someone could confirm I'd apprecaite it. I am also trying to confirm which I have and bought, etc.

The Triumvirate series is a tricky one. Please review my notes below:

Luminous: Base Type
Luminescent: Refractor Finish
Illuminator: Transluscent

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
They may not be the most rare version with a print run of 400, but these 1998 Donruss Collections Leaf Prized Collections of the 1990 Leaf reprint Curtain Calls are amazing in hand with a refractor finish that really picks up a whole spectrum of colors - dazzling in the light. The scan does not do them justice. They may be more attractive than the Diamond Axis versions. I have Griffey and Maddux and can't wait to pick up a Frank.

KenGriffeyJrLeafPrized.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
They may not be the most rare version with a print run of 400, but these 1998 Donruss Collections Leaf Prized Collections of the 1990 Leaf reprint Curtain Calls are amazing in hand with a refractor finish that really picks up a whole spectrum of colors - dazzling in the light. The scan does not do them justice. They may be more attractive than the Diamond Axis versions. I have Griffey and Maddux and can't wait to pick up a Frank.

KenGriffeyJrLeafPrized.jpg

feel free to Donate that there Griffey this away :p

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008

Hope this helps

Left is the illuminator and the right is the luminescent:
2.jpg

1.jpg

Here is the same card graded/authenticated:

1998StadiumClubIlluminator-1.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Don't have scans yet, but just got these in the mail today to put me over 3,000 unique Barry Larkin cards (I know some of these aren't 90's, but there soooo close!!)

1999 Bowman Gold Barry Larkin (37/99)
2000 Bowman Gold Barry Larkin (84/99)
1999 Omega Premiere Date Barry Larkin (29/50)
2000 Topps Gold Label Class 1 Gold (2/100)
2000 Topps Gold Label Class 2 Gold (34/100)
and.... 1998 Topps Gold Label Red Label (49/50)

The first 5 listed here all came from the same person who has been selling his dad's Larkin collection that seemed to go through 2001. I have picked up almost 30 rare Barry Larkin cards from 1997-2001 that I didn't have over the last month. It has been an awesome month for rare 90's cards!!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It has been an awesome month for rare 90's cards!!

Funny how that works. I swear I haven't had anything to buy for my collections (nothing compelling anyway) since February, then boom 3 1/1's and another toughy get listed this week. Can't complain though, timing was good with bills and babies 'round here

Members online

Latest posts