Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Can anyone help me with this? Belle has the following cards for 1998 Collectors Choice Crash the Game...

Crash the Game CG11A
Crash the Game CG11B
Crash the Game CG11C
Crash the Game Exchange CG11
Crash the Game Instant Win CG11

So after looking on beckett and COMCs I'm assuming there are 5 cards here but really 4 cards complete this 5 card checklist because one of the first 3 counts as the "Exchange"?

I ask this because I have the Instant Win shown on COMCs and the first 3 but can't figure out what the "Exchange" above is. Anyone have their guys 5 or am I right that it's only 4 cards.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Can anyone help me with this? Belle has the following cards for 1998 Collectors Choice Crash the Game...

Crash the Game CG11A
Crash the Game CG11B
Crash the Game CG11C
Crash the Game Exchange CG11
Crash the Game Instant Win CG11

So after looking on beckett and COMCs I'm assuming there are 5 cards here but really 4 cards complete this 5 card checklist because one of the first 3 counts as the "Exchange"?

I ask this because I have the Instant Win shown on COMCs and the first 3 but can't figure out what the "Exchange" above is. Anyone have their guys 5 or am I right that it's only 4 cards.

Same question now for 1997.... Just opposite situation... Seems like COMCs and other sites show Echange cards but ZERO "Instant Win"... So does anyone have their guys 5 cards for 1997?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
There are 5. The instant win,has gold print INSTANT to the left of WIN on the card. Theses were sent in for the complete WIN Foil Set. Or you sent a winner The player hit a home run on the dates given and a foil card of that player was sent back. { seems most were redemed }. Thats why the INSTANT WIN is so hard to find.$$$$ I have the 97 but not the 98. I have pulled 5 over the years. Thomas,Griffy,Vlad,Castilla This was the last one. I sold it in a week to a member here in June of 2011.If you see a 98 dont be shy paying for it. You may not see another.

attachment.php

#CG30 1997 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Aug 11-13 W
juan_picture.php

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The Instant win are one in 3 case's!!! At $200 per on avg case. pay for the one card you need.

I see, this is VERY helpful, thank you. So I need both the 1997 and 1998 Instant Win cards which were essentially that, instant winner cards and sent in most likely by everyone for the redemption set. There for, as you said, tough to find because most people probably sent them in and if they didn't, the odds of pulling we're extremely rare it sounds like.

On another note, COMCs has them labeled wrong then. At least that's what I'm seeing from the Albert Belles.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
The Instant win are one in 3 case's!!! At $200 per on avg case. pay for the one card you need.

Wow, I did not know this. One in three cases and a lot of those got sent in. Did Starquest Home Run /100 and Starquest Golds /100 have similar distribution? I think I saw earlier in this thread that they were one per (whole) case.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I picked up a 1997 Stadum Club Co-Signer Paul Wilson/Todd Hundley today. The Hundley side has a Refractor finish, the Wilson side is matte. Found a scan of the same card through COMC that had the Wilson side as Refractor, and the Hundley side matte. Did all of the 1997 Co-Signers have this variation?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Wow, I did not know this. One in three cases and a lot of those got sent in. Did Starquest Home Run /100 and Starquest Golds /100 have similar distribution? I think I saw earlier in this thread that they were one per (whole) case.

The 98 and 99 homerun are more like 1 in 6 cases, 10 box case. Good luck on those!

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
I was under the impression that the Instant Winner redemption cards were seeded 1:721 packs (1 per 20 boxes or roughly 1 per 2 12-box cases).

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
The odds i stated were the odds i was getting very consistently. 1 in every 3 cases. I have opened 15+ 12 box case's and got 5 98 instant win cards and 3 starquest home run cards. Beckett is wrong. Look in a new Beckett and they no longer state the odds. FYI, the 99 UD Choice Prime Reserve /100 was HOBBY ONLY!
I found this out after buying 10 case's at K-Mart in 99. This was never stated in Beckett at all in 99. Was not even on the packs. Bought one box at the card shop and it stated they were in hobby packs Pulled a Sosa.

Last edited:

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
How many 1997 Instant Winners did you pull? How many cases/boxes did you open? I've been tempted to buy a few cases, but I read about another collector who opened 10 cases of 1997 CC S2 and didn't pull one.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
How many 1997 Instant Winners did you pull? How many cases/boxes did you open? I've been tempted to buy a few cases, but I read about another collector who opened 10 cases of 1997 CC S2 and didn't pull one.

Yeah, stories like these make me think it's just a good idea to be ready to pay when you see 'em. Might be a long, long time before you see it again. I'd rather buy a sure single than take a big gamble on a junk product.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Got this in recently for less than what they go for:
$(KGrHqZHJCYF!Io-260mBQNr3,j7w!~~60_58.JPG

As an added bonus, it's the last one with the die cut treatment. I've stumbled upon two Edgars now so 020/500 is available.

Attachments

• $T2eC16RHJHwE9n8ihpkTBQNr3idNp!~~60_58.JPG
    $T2eC16RHJHwE9n8ihpkTBQNr3idNp!~~60_58.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 16

Members online