Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Anyone else notice that COMC FINALLY fixed the incorrect listings for 1997 Score? The non-HR prefixed Hobby Reserve are now listed with the Premium Stock, the HR-prefixed ones are listed as Score Hobby Reserve, and nothing is listed as Reserve Collection because now there are no actual Reserve Collections on the site. Perhaps Beckett finally got their XXXX together on these, as their poor listings caused COMC's poor listings.

About time... Now I I could get them to change the names on the "instant win" for collectors choice.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
About time... Now I I could get them to change the names on the "instant win" for collectors choice.

Yes! They have to know these are listed wrong, all those "Instant Win" cards are clearly the Redemptions. If by some miracle, an actual Instant Win shows up there, it's going to get passed over by people thinking it's a wrongly-labeled Redemption.

Picked this up tonight, have to grab them when I find them!

482a5c17-2502-4933-9af5-cc1cc4d25484.jpg

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yes! They have to know these are listed wrong, all those "Instant Win" cards are clearly the Redemptions. If by some miracle, an actual Instant Win shows up there, it's going to get passed over by people thinking it's a wrongly-labeled Redemption.

Picked this up tonight, have to grab them when I find them!

482a5c17-2502-4933-9af5-cc1cc4d25484.jpg

those are so awesome

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
those are so awesome

Awesome, and one of the many 90's inserts that I didn't fully appreciate until they were mentioned here. I might have had one or two back in the 90's, but now that I really need some of them, they never turn up! Have this Edmonds and a Bill Mueller for my PC, not a lot of competition for those guys, but there is a Will Clark I'll need that won't be cheap...

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Awesome, and one of the many 90's inserts that I didn't fully appreciate until they were mentioned here. I might have had one or two back in the 90's, but now that I really need some of them, they never turn up! Have this Edmonds and a Bill Mueller for my PC, not a lot of competition for those guys, but there is a Will Clark I'll need that won't be cheap...

I was fortunate enough to pick up this one not too long ago:

1998LeafFractalMatrixDiamondAxis.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Anyone else notice that COMC FINALLY fixed the incorrect listings for 1997 Score? The non-HR prefixed Hobby Reserve are now listed with the Premium Stock, the HR-prefixed ones are listed as Score Hobby Reserve, and nothing is listed as Reserve Collection because now there are no actual Reserve Collections on the site. Perhaps Beckett finally got their XXXX together on these, as their poor listings caused COMC's poor listings.

I did not notice this, but I did just send them 80 requests yesterday to fix the ones I have listed. Maybe that spurred it? It works in my favor because Beckett has the pricing backwards between Hobby Reserve and Reserve Collection. With the higher Beckett price they sell well at 90% off Beckett. I did pick up a couple of Reserve Collection football commons for cheap last week when they were listed as Showcase Series :mrgreen:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

Wait a minute... this is now just as screwed up as ever. They are calling Hobby Reserve cards Premium Stock. Hobby Reserve and Premium Stock are two totally different cards. Premium Stock has a thicker stock with a gray border and Hobby Reserve has an only slightly thicker stock with a white border. What a mucking fess.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Wait a minute... this is now just as screwed up as ever. They are calling Hobby Reserve cards Premium Stock. Hobby Reserve and Premium Stock are two totally different cards. Premium Stock has a thicker stock with a gray border and Hobby Reserve has an only slightly thicker stock with a white border. What a mucking fess.

No, they have it right, sort of. The non-HR Hobby Reserves are the Series 2 equivalent of the Series 1 Premium Stock. They could separate the Series 2 HR into a separate set, but that might not keep them from getting mixed up with the legit Hobby Reserves again.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
No, they have it right, sort of. The non-HR Hobby Reserves are the Series 2 equivalent of the Series 1 Premium Stock. They could separate the Series 2 HR into a separate set, but that might not keep them from getting mixed up with the legit Hobby Reserves again.

Now I'm confused as well. I thought the non-HR Hobby Reserves were just errors. Are they actually considered a Premium Stock equivalent?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Premium Stock is a completely different kind of card than Hobby Reserve. The card numbers are irrelevant as that was an error by Score. Only Reserve Collection parallels were to have the HR-prefix, but that didn't happen. HR-prefix and non-HR-prefix base Hobby Reserve cards are available in about the same quantity.

Cards #331 and above cannot be Premium Stock because they do not exist.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Premium Stock is a completely different kind of card than Hobby Reserve. The card numbers are irrelevant as that was an error by Score. Only Reserve Collection parallels were to have the HR-prefix, but that didn't happen. HR-prefix and non-HR-prefix base Hobby Reserve cards are available in about the same quantity.

Cards #331 and above cannot be Premium Stock because they do not exist.

This is actually not entirwly correct - DeliciousBacon is right in what he said above. For series 1 - what you are saying is correct, but not for series 2. For series 2, the non-HR prefix cards are the equivalent to the series 1 premium stock. The HR prefix cards are in much shorter supply for series 2 and those are the actual Hobby Resrve Cards. The series 1 and series 2 work differently.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
This is actually not entirwly correct - DeliciousBacon is right in what he said above. For series 1 - what you are saying is correct, but not for series 2. For series 2, the non-HR prefix cards are the equivalent to the series 1 premium stock. The HR prefix cards are in much shorter supply for series 2 and those are the actual Hobby Resrve Cards. The series 1 and series 2 work differently.

My head hurts. I have all variations. I just want to know where they go.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
My head hurts. I have all variations. I just want to know where they go.

The turth is a mixture of what delicious Bacon and RustyGreerFan said. Technically, their is no premium stock for series 2. However, for lack of something better to call them, the non-HR prefix series 2 cards are commonly referred to as the series 2 premium stock. The HR-prefix cards are harder to come by and are referred to as the Hobby Reserve Cards. The reserve collection are the very hard to find etched foil cards.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
The turth is a mixture of what delicious Bacon and RustyGreerFan said. Technically, their is no premium stock for series 2. However, for lack of something better to call them, the non-HR prefix series 2 cards are commonly referred to as the series 2 premium stock. The HR-prefix cards are harder to come by and are referred to as the Hobby Reserve Cards. The reserve collection are the very hard to find etched foil cards.

That makes sense. I guess I should clarify. I have everything but that going-to-break-me Reserve Collection.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

I have never heard Hobby Reserve cards referred to as Premium Stock. Two completely different sets.

Sweet Jose! That's one of the many I need for my set!

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I have never heard Hobby Reserve cards referred to as Premium Stock. Two completely different sets.

Sweet Jose! That's one of the many I need for my set!

They are completely different for series 1. For series 2, at least in my experience, people refer to the non-HR prefix cards as Premium Stock. Maybe different circles use different terminology. But the Hobby reserve cards with the HR prefix do carry a premium over the non-HR prefix cards.

Dec 10, 2008
But the Hobby reserve cards with the HR prefix do carry a premium over the non-HR prefix cards.

That's the only one I need. McGwire has 11 different Score from 1997, and I have 10. I'm just missing #HR511, but have the Premium Stock #511 (has gold Hobby Reserve stamp). I didn't start looking until I realized it was the last one I needed.

Members online

Latest posts