Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
^^^ Very cool! What set is that again?!

1997 New Pinnacle. AP odds are 1:39. 200-card set, but only 25 greens, 50 blues and 125 reds. Beckett says the greens have the "scarcest printing," but I don't know if that's a result of a lower print run of each green compared to the blues and reds, or just because greens only make up 1/8 of the set. If it's the latter, while the odds of pulling a green would be 1:312, the odds of pulling the AP of any particular card (1-200) would still be 1:7,800. If it's the former, I'm not sure there is any way of knowing the odds.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
eBay mailday today:

uploadfromtaptalk1349996647685.jpg

I really like the horizontal Select designs from the mid-90's, and the holo foil on the AP's is really sharp.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Nice Gwynn. I can't help but laugh every time I see a Manny Ramirez card. He is such a ****** bag. He tried picking up on my gf before I got to a bar earlier this year when he was playing up here for the A's minor league team.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Are the white border artists proofs only in series 1?
Yes, I believe they were a retail-only insert for just Series 1. Personally, I equate the Series 2 HR-prefix Hobby Reserve with these Series 1 AP, at least in terms of difficulty.

These were actually only available in the All-Star Fanfest packs (which the baseballcardpedia states was only available at All-Star fan fest but I know I saw these packs at Toys R Us and K-Mart). I bought a few boxes from sportscardswholesale.com in 2001 -- before they got really sketchy -- and pulled 1 white border per box. There was a time in the late 90's-early 2000's when these were selling for huge amounts but then a bunch of these showed up in 2003-2004. I picked up 5-100 count lots from tradingcardsource.com back then that I assumed were just commons (they were just listed as 100 count lot) but I was pleasantly surprised when they showed up and I pulled pretty much everybody that was good (and everybody that was bad too :) ) + I think there was an extra 15-20 cards per lot. I paid maybe $30 per lot. At the same time I bought those I also picked up a couple sets of the 1996 Leaf Preferred Silver Promos for around $50/set. I think the site was in the process of liquidating everything (I think they shut down in '05). I made a lot of money on that transaction.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Does anyone have a 98 leaf fractal matrix Z2 axis? Maybe its 97. Also are these cards #'d/20?

1998LeafFractalMaterialsZ2Axis.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks, I appreciate it. Is it regular stock, or a chrome type finish? I only ask because I found someone who has one but doesn't have the ability to scan it. I trust this person as we've dealt together many times.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Depends on the card. Some have a wood finish, some are leather, some are nylon, and some are plastic. But all Z2's are /20. baseballcardpedia has all the info.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Can someone please tell me what this card is? I just received it in the mail, and it says 1 of 1, but I am not sure what kind of 1/1 it is or how much it is. I got it for $8 of ebay, and I just figured it was a good deal, and I couldn't press the BIN fast enough. Any info would be great.

View attachment 7398
View attachment 7399
View attachment 7400

Ill punt to some of the big McGwire collectors here but this looks like a base card that someone stamped but I could be wrong. $8 just seems like a giveaway

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Yeah after market 1/1. Card was stamped by someone other than Pinnacle. I remember seeing a bunch of Rickey and other players years ago. Just about every base card was stamped and they used different stamps.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online