Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
THe marble isn't on my Gwynn checklist, either, but I do still pick up things that aren't on the official checklist. THat being said...it's a marble. There are 6,500 other Gwynn "cards" out there that I would rather pick up than this. It would have to be a pretty good deal, that's for sure. And don't even get me started on the checklist...::facepalm::

**edited to add that I have no problem with people collecting the marble, and the set actually looks nice all together. Just not my thing. Now if I could find an uncracked Tony Gwynn Slurpee cup...that'd be cool!

I agree. Too many cool cards out there I don't have to chase a $50 marble.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
THe marble isn't on my Gwynn checklist, either, but I do still pick up things that aren't on the official checklist. THat being said...it's a marble. There are 6,500 other Gwynn "cards" out there that I would rather pick up than this. It would have to be a pretty good deal, that's for sure. And don't even get me started on the checklist...::facepalm::

**edited to add that I have no problem with people collecting the marble, and the set actually looks nice all together. Just not my thing. Now if I could find an uncracked Tony Gwynn Slurpee cup...that'd be cool!

Gwynn is listed on the Beckett Site as well:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I just doubled checked... Maybe someone can shed some light on why there are cards in Beckett's data base which aren't reflected on player checklists? I think this is the same with the vending machine cards or whatever... Belle has one of those (which I own) but it isn't one of his 2,616 cards.

Just to be clear, I do pick up Belle cards which aren't on his checklist but not usually and especially not when they are really expensive

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I just doubled checked... Maybe someone can shed some light on why there are cards in Beckett's data base which aren't reflected on player checklists? I think this is the same with the vending machine cards or whatever... Belle has one of those (which I own) but it isn't one of his 2,616 cards.

Just to be clear, I do pick up Belle cards which aren't on his checklist but not usually and especially not when they are really expensive

Because the database is tremendous and sometimes it has mistakes.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Was this a BIN? If so, I'm not surprised.

Part of me always thought having a card at auction would prove highest value in the sale but I'm now in the camp that BINs and BIN/BO format are the best for this. Case and point: Albert Belle printing plates (white whales) sell like hot cakes for a $100 bill at BIN and/or BO format. At auction, none have come close to $100 and sell for closer to $70 or less, which is a +30% discount to the ladder value.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Was this a BIN? If so, I'm not surprised.

Part of me always thought having a card at auction would prove highest value in the sale but I'm now in the camp that BINs and BIN/BO format are the best for this. Case and point: Albert Belle printing plates (white whales) sell like hot cakes for a $100 bill at BIN and/or BO format. At auction, none have come close to $100 and sell for closer to $70 or less, which is a +30% discount to the ladder value.

It was BIN or B/O listing. I think it was originally $899.99 or B/O. He had quite a few offers on it (7 or 8), so demand seems to be as high as ever on Jeter stuff.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

I've actually seen this happen in their database although not since their new site went up. Cards would not show up when searching by a player's name but if you searched by the set name, there they were. Hey, its Beckett and unfortunately its better than anything else out there

Last edited:

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I've actually seen this happen in their database although not since their new site went up. Cars would not should up when searching by a player's name but if you searched by the set name, there they were. Hey, its Beckett and unfortunately its better than anything else out there

We give Beckett a lot of crap, and a lot of it is earned, but imagine the hobby without somebody maintaining that database. Theirs isn't perfect, but nobody's come up with a better one.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Heads up to all the player collectors, a near-complete set of 1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Gold non-serial #'ed was added to COMC tonight. I'm guessing they're all backdoored, since they're unnumbered?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Heads up to all the player collectors, a near-complete set of 1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Gold non-serial #'ed was added to COMC tonight. I'm guessing they're all backdoored, since they're unnumbered?

Any idea if these will sell for even half of what the regular one sell for? Were there any big names listed? There weren't any when I checked it out.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
We give Beckett a lot of crap, and a lot of it is earned, but imagine the hobby without somebody maintaining that database. Theirs isn't perfect, but nobody's come up with a better one.

If they had someone who gave half a crap it could easily be the best out there. You would think that since they charge for most of their site functions now that they would staff people who give you the best possible product for your money...but it seems to be the exact opposite.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

both Albert Belles, Greg Vaughn and a few other guys people collect here are still available... if my guy was in there at those prices I would have jumped on it!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
both Albert Belles, Greg Vaughn and a few other guys people collect here are still available... if my guy was in there at those prices I would have jumped on it!

I did see the two Belle's spike... I actuall have both but the prices are pretty juicey... I'll probably pass but aren't all these not serial numbered?! At work already, so can't compare to the two I have... plus, at least for the Belle's, one is peeled

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Did you see a Sandberg listed?

I looked through all of them about 15 mins after the first post was made about them on here. I didn't see a Sandberg. I haven't looked this morning but there were 9 pages of them on COMC last night.

Members online

Latest posts