Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I agree. You have to think, though, that they aren't exactly raking in the money these days, so they may just not have the resources to handle it. If I were them, I would re-think my entire business strategy and focus on perfecting that database and coming up with a better price guide. One that is actually reflective of market value. People WOULD pay for their service if it added any value. At this point in time, it doesn't.

Well they could get together with google and have the online price guide give an average value and then have a sidebar that allows you to click on it thereby exposing the last 3 current sales of said card via ebay supposing there were any. It would cost some money but then again, if Chris has the software here to show BIN an auction listings of various cards of a player we choose, this should be too hard to do either. I think people might pay a small fee for that. But then again, you can check ebay for free or other sites that go way further back for sales.

But the database itself is what's cool. It's just poorly done and it also takes for f-ing ever to load. Search functions blow too. You need to know the exact name of the set but even worse yet, you have to know how THEY listed it. Upper Deck anything may be Upper Deck or UD. A word for the set may be before or after other information. So you end up typing in a search three or four times to get anything displayed. You'd figure they would have a "did you mean" option with other results like ebay does. Hell, they may have it now but I wouldn't know because I gave up a long time ago. But imagine being able to type in a set name, and being able to pull up a full checklist with an average price and a link to the past three current sales all on one page for the entire set. Yeah, I think if all this was done and combined, somebody would pay for that.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Why so much interest in those Totally Golds? I saw my player on there and had no interest since I already have the serial numbered one. The non serial numbered version of the card I already have is not appealing to me at all.

Here's one of my new pick ups. 1998 Ultra Platinum Medallion

img0011ah.jpg

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Why so much interest in those Totally Golds? I saw my player on there and had no interest since I already have the serial numbered one. The non serial numbered version of the card I already have is not appealing to me at all.

Here's one of my new pick ups. 1998 Ultra Platinum Medallion

img0011ah.jpg

Sweet pick up. As for the unnumbered golds, why not pick one up if you can't find the numbered version? The numbered ones come up so infrequently that this may be the only chance to get one of your player, even if it is not numbered. Also, I have seen several of the #/30 versions but I have never seen an unnumbered version. Probably eve nmore rare than the numbered version.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Oh, I see. Yeah, I would be interested if I didn't have one already but why pay a crazy amount for the unnumbered version if you already have a copy.

Kind of a jackturd move to bump up the price once someone shows interest lol but I guess everybody is entitled to their own selling practices.

Looks like Calfas made a bid on all the Padres players because they went up about 15 bucks.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I think a lot of player collectors would consider them to be a completely different version. They were distributed differently and the non-numbered is likely more rare than the /30 version. Just depends on how you like to collect.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I think a lot of player collectors would consider them to be a completely different version. They were distributed differently and the non-numbered is likely more rare than the /30 version. Just depends on how you like to collect.

I would categorize them as the replacement set (partial set that is).......I lost track of them about 6 years ago; now we see who ended up with them.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
He rejected my offer and increased the price on every card I offered on.

He raised the price on the Andruw Jones too and I didn't make an offer. Chances are he upped the price on all of the cards. Last night he had them all priced at book value and was not accepting anything over 40% offers. I tried 50% and said the hell with it.

On a side note, I am almost sure I saw Juan Gone last night. That was the best I saw in the limited time I was looking through them.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
He raised the price on the Andruw Jones too and I didn't make an offer. Chances are he upped the price on all of the cards. Last night he had them all priced at book value and was not accepting anything over 40% offers. I tried 50% and said the hell with it.

On a side note, I am almost sure I saw Juan Gone last night. That was the best I saw in the limited time I was looking through them.

Yep. He had one of each.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ok...so I have a question. 1995 Upper Deck Predictor League Leaders. Can someone post a scan of the regular card and the exchange version fronts and backs? For some reason, I'm going brain dead here.

Members online

Latest posts