Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Mentioned I picked this card up a few weeks back - Here is the scan, along with a couple other recent pickups. Going to send the promo in to PSA to get graded. Hoping for an 8 - just has slight bit of chipping on the back edges:
93PinnacleCooperstown26BarryLarkin-Promo.jpg
93PinnacleCooperstown26BarryLarkin-PromoBack.jpg

97DonrussGoldPressProofs441BLarkin-JThomeIS.jpg

97E-X2000EssentialCredentials64BarryLarkin.jpg

97PinnacleMintCoinsGold-Plated27BarryLarkinBack.jpg

98ToppsTekDiffractorsPattern5557BarryLarkin.jpg

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
How many Larkin diffractors are you up to now?

Just picked this one up on ebay today. 1998 Pacific Invincible Platinum Blue. Can't believe it took this long to find...

77477403.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
How many Larkin diffractors are you up to now?

Just picked this one up on ebay today. 1998 Pacific Invincible Platinum Blue. Can't believe it took this long to find...

77477403.jpg

I know what you mean. I picked up a Rusty back in '98 only to find it had damage. Haven't found one again since. Not my favorite cards, though...

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
This one is super sweet for me- I am trying to think if I have seen one of these in this thread so far...maybe just a Tony Gwynn (which had 300 copies)? Every other player had only 8 copies I think...this is the first Manny I have seen. When I was younger I always thought Roy Firestone had very weird hair-like they sprayed it on right before he went on the air or something. I was not pining for his autograph by any means..but this was a tough 90's insert to track down nonetheless!
IMG-001.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-001.jpg
    IMG-001.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 47

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I know what you mean. I picked up a Rusty back in '98 only to find it had damage. Haven't found one again since. Not my favorite cards, though...

First one I've seen since I started looking 14 months ago. I wonder what the print run is.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
That was actually my first one - and I picked up one other one along with that one. So I have 2 now :) I know, not very impressive, but I just never see them. I am very happy to finally have a couple though!

Theyll pop up. I dont see many larkin diffractors myself. Saw one go for a crazy amount of money on Ebay a while back.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
This one is super sweet for me- I am trying to think if I have seen one of these in this thread so far...maybe just a Tony Gwynn (which had 300 copies)? Every other player had only 8 copies I think...this is the first Manny I have seen. When I was younger I always thought Roy Firestone had very weird hair-like they sprayed it on right before he went on the air or something. I was not pining for his autograph by any means..but this was a tough 90's insert to track down nonetheless!
IMG-001.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats

Apr 13, 2010
Probably the only "rainbow" I will ever complete. Had the three for awhile and finally got around to getting them all together for a group scan.

1995UpperDeckPuckett.png

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Okay, this page has some super sweet cards!
First, Katieneack, that Cooperstown Promo is awesome. It may have moved near the top of my most-wanted...
Padresfan, the Platinum blue Caminiti is sweet. I am actually a huge fan of Pacific parallels lately... The Stand Up Promo is great, too!
Carrsallstars, I thought the Blue Diamond axis was sweet...until I saw the Firestone auto!!! Awesome and so rare!! I do have a Gwynn, but I doubt there's 300, since I have only seen the one ever.
Gracecollector, those sell sheets are cool, and I always stop and take double takes on them when one's with Gwynn show up, but there are still literally thousands of Gwynn cards I can still get instead. Maybe when I have 90% of my player like you, then those sell sheets will be surely going into my collection! (although I will be 94 years old, and I'll need to win a couple lotteries beforehand...)
Youseekyoda421, the Gold Upper Deck was my most wanted card at one point about 4-5 years ago...love Puckett!
and finally, Jszczech, that FPP is huge! The mirror, too. One of the best! Now, go get better scans!!! You should be ashamed to not have better scans of those cards! :D

Here's my new ones:
I picked up the Gold #'d/99 finally to go with my 24k Gold #'d/24:
like.jpg
24k-1.jpg

and my first Burbank Purchase (like $15, which is a fair price)
like1.jpg

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Picked up all 6 of these 1997 Thomas Leaf GU cards in the last couple months. Still looking for one more to complete the collection. This was game used when it really meant something!

document167.jpg

Members online

Latest posts