Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Picked up all 6 of these 1997 Thomas Leaf GU cards in the last couple months. Still looking for one more to complete the collection. This was game used when it really meant something!

document167.jpg

I don't like gu but those are AWESOME! Nice job! I've never even seen those. It's crazy that after all the time I spend "playing with cards" that something like that set could slip by me for this long! Now I get to research the set. Thanks for posting those!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Those Thomas memos' are DIRTY! WOw... Couple really cool observations are (1) they show the item behind him on the card, very cool and (2) they used the outside of the bat and not the inner random pieces, which I think needs to be done more!

Thanks for sharing... my wallet is glad Belle wasn't in this release lol

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
The last Griffey Z-2 went for $521, so whoever did win it, got themselves a pretty good deal on it.

budvandall

Mar 11, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
Anyone cough up the $355 for the Griffey Z2 #/20?

I was trying to negotiate with the seller to buy the four he had listed as a package deal. He was certain he would get around $500 for this card alone. I didn't think it would go as high as the last one did. We were just to far apart on money. Would of love to had them though.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Nice! There is not much info out there at all on this issue- it is not even listed in the Beckett big book I have. Researching online I found only a single photo- of a Juan Gonzalez at the awesome JuanGone site. There is also only a single copy of this issue graded by PSA- a Roger Clemens. now that we've seen the Manny and the Mac I wonder if any more will show on this thread... Baseballcardpedia says there are 8 serial numbered copies of each but the Manny, Juan, and McGwire do not appear to be serial #"d.

Members online