Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 362 of 1377 FirstFirst ... 2623123523583593603613623633643653663724124628621362 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 20651

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

katieneack
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandruw25 View Post
    Didn't realize these were still hard to find. A complete set recently sold for $35 on ebay and a bunch of singles showed up last week on COMC.
    I must have just had bad luck over the years with this set. I have made a point to search for this card once a week for years and have never come across a Larkin. Bad timing I guess
    Barry Larkin Collector!!
    Always Looking to Buy any Barry Larkins I don't have

Currently Have: 2,698/3,558 Beckett Listings (75.8%)
    Without 1/1's: 2,679/3,196 Beckett Listing (83.8%)

My Larkin Photobuckets:
    Autographed Cards: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Autographed Tab)
    Serial #'d Cards: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Serial#'d Tab)
    Game Used: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (GameUsed Tab)

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That guy has an auto swing for the fences of andruw jones

katieneack
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTROBURN View Post
    That guy has an auto swing for the fences of andruw jones
    According to the SCD (as he mentions in his auction) the first 1,000 redemptions received the Auto'd Jones card. They list it at $25 in the SCD
    Barry Larkin Collector!!

My Larkin Photobuckets:
    Autographed Cards: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Autographed Tab)
    Serial #'d Cards: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Serial#'d Tab)

katieneack
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this in the SCD - Anyone have any of these?

1996 Pinnacle Fanfest Playing cards:

It says "A special version of the Fanfest cards were produced for construction of a large house of cards at the Fanfest site. Following the event, some of the cards made their way into the hobby. Similar in format to the regular cards, the special issue was produced on textured playing card stock format with rounded corners. The playing cards lack teh gold foild found on the regular cards and thus the players name is nowhere to be found. Backs have a large gold and white pinnacle logo on a black background. The cards are unnumbered.

The first 29 cards of the regular set supposedly have these versions. Anyone have any of these, or no where I can find one. Would like to see a pic if anyone has one.
    Barry Larkin Collector!!

My Larkin Photobuckets:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katieneack View Post

It says "A special version of the Fanfest cards were produced for construction of a large house of cards at the Fanfest site. Following the event, some of the cards made their way into the hobby. Similar in format to the regular cards, the special issue was produced on textured playing card stock format with rounded corners. The playing cards lack teh gold foild found on the regular cards and thus the players name is nowhere to be found. Backs have a large gold and white pinnacle logo on a black background. The cards are unnumbered.

The first 29 cards of the regular set supposedly have these versions. Anyone have any of these, or no where I can find one. Would like to see a pic if anyone has one.
    There's a discussion about them and a few scans in this thread.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    There's a discussion about them and a few scans in this thread.
    Only about 800 pages to click through lol (actually I believe the search function has been improved on the new site). That being said, it would be legendary for someone to make a Super Sweet 90's Link post listing all the issues that have been discussed as links to the pages. Someone get on that
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    Only about 800 pages to click through lol (actually I believe the search function has been improved on the new site). That being said, it would be legendary for someone to make a Super Sweet 90's Link post listing all the issues that have been discussed as links to the pages. Someone get on that
    Awesome idea. I already tackled the 1998 Select set. Maybe I'll work on some others.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They also existed in 97. Like a fool I passed on the andruw at $50. Not thrilled.
    Downsizing my AJ collection. If you are looking for a specific card (non-multi player), PM me, I may have it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must have just had bad luck over the years with this set. I have made a point to search for this card once a week for years and have never come across a Larkin. Bad timing I guess
    I hadn't seen mine until just recently either. I was able to pick mine up on COMC for few bucks cheaper than the ebay one that is listed thanks to Fandruw25. These are definately harder to find than some people realize. I had been looking for one for over 3 years before getting mine.
    Collecting Andruw Jones HR ticket stubs:
    321 of 389 tickets
    82% complete
    HR Tickets

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndruwHRJones View Post
    I hadn't seen mine until just recently either. I was able to pick mine up on COMC for few bucks cheaper than the ebay one that is listed thanks to Fandruw25. These are definately harder to find than some people realize. I had been looking for one for over 3 years before getting mine.

Apparently I've had the Bagwell for a while now so I don't even remember when I got it. I've seen a couple since.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of not super rare but always overpriced Madduxes that I finally pulled the trigger on, and a Joe Carter Power Package Jumbo. Really like that set.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $12 BIN? Yes please!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOTHER $*)$@#*$ I hate it when I midjudge a card I want and don't bid. After the Randy Johnson PMG goes for $89 I assume the Edgar goes for about that. I hope to hell I couldn't have won that Edgar for $35. Damn that is an awesome card.

RJ
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

Edgar
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Edgar-M...item2ebec5bc8c

More fun w/ Edgar. Recently someone put up a bunch of single 98 Tek auctions for Edgar. Three of the normal patterns sell for $20!!!!!!!!!!! While the lone diffractor sells for $18. WTFH?! And I thought I was doing well to sell one of the buyers my Edgars at $5 each!
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

ghumbs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :O That card is amazing. Lately I've been too busy to watch ebay much, so my timing is...awful.

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)