Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Before I sold it.

1998PinnaclePlus1of1.jpg

You sold it?:eek::eek::eek:

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Sold for $575..I made an offer but it was much less than that. Was wondering if anyone on this board picked it up? I collect Mike P. and would have loved to add the card but it felt high to me...

The seller didn't give me a price when I contacted him/her. Just confirmed that it had been sold.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Just purchased this 1992 Donruss Black/White Paper Proof. Normally I wouldn't buy cards like this, but the guy sent in enough proof to Beckett to have them authenticate and grade it. That makes it pretty awesome in my book - and what are the odds that a paper proof used in production would ever come out a Gem Mint 9.5. I think it is pretty awesome:

$T2eC16NHJHgE9n0yEiY!BQuurDskqg~~60_12.JPG

Here is my correspondence with the seller:
I was EXTREMELY fortunate to pick these up from an old collector who purchased them from the editors at Donruss, Fleer, and Topps. I had to buy the "lot" and it just about broke the bank! :)

These things are true 1/1! Beckett kept my supporting information/documentation on each of them, to include comments from the factory editors - that's how they were able to grade them. And there was a substantial amount of proof. There are no others even graded aside from blank back cards, but those were print mistakes on the final print runs. Not the proofs. I actually hate having to sell them. Seriously! It makes me sick to know I'm selling pieces of history from my childhood...cards that I purchased in packs of baseball cards (waxy and gum) and I hold the items that made those cards! I never dreamt of day I'd have something like this!

In addition to this one , I have a 1990 Donruss for him too. Let me know what you think!

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^cool, does he have any more?

Just purchased this 1992 Donruss Black/White Paper Proof. Normally I wouldn't buy cards like this, but the guy sent in enough proof to Beckett to have them authenticate and grade it. That makes it pretty awesome in my book - and what are the odds that a paper proof used in production would ever come out a Gem Mint 9.5. I think it is pretty awesome:

$T2eC16NHJHgE9n0yEiY!BQuurDskqg~~60_12.JPG

Here is my correspondence with the seller:
I was EXTREMELY fortunate to pick these up from an old collector who purchased them from the editors at Donruss, Fleer, and Topps. I had to buy the "lot" and it just about broke the bank! :)

These things are true 1/1! Beckett kept my supporting information/documentation on each of them, to include comments from the factory editors - that's how they were able to grade them. And there was a substantial amount of proof. There are no others even graded aside from blank back cards, but those were print mistakes on the final print runs. Not the proofs. I actually hate having to sell them. Seriously! It makes me sick to know I'm selling pieces of history from my childhood...cards that I purchased in packs of baseball cards (waxy and gum) and I hold the items that made those cards! I never dreamt of day I'd have something like this!

In addition to this one , I have a 1990 Donruss for him too. Let me know what you think!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Major kick butt week for me on the 90's front! First I won the 90 Donruss Blue/White test Grace, and today I landed what I've considered a true "White Whale" for a long time. Never seen one of these in person before, just a scan one collector once sent me. Rare 1998 Topps Sports Cubz test issue. Not a card, more like a foam rubber mouse pad than anything else. Anybody looking for their guy? I have a lead. I know he still has Griffey and McGwire. Can't believe I knocked these two beasts off the want list on the same week.

$(KGrHqRHJCgFChC!6,qIBQrmI4IdCw~~60_57.JPG

sportzcubz.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
^^ Nice job man! I don't think Belle is on those foam pads or whatever but if he is, I'd be interested. Checklist anyone?

Sorry, Belle is in the set. I can ask if he has one. He sold all the Yankees, has some others, but is thinking of listing them on eBay and just letting them ride.

1 Roberto Alomar
2 Dante Bichette
3 Barry Bonds
4 Roger Clemens
5 Juan Gonzalez
6 Mark Grace
7 Vladimir Guerrero
8 Tony Gwynn
9 Derek Jeter
10 David Justice
11 Chuck Knoblauch
12 Barry Larkin
13 Greg Maddux
14 Paul ONeill
15 Mike Piazza
16 Mo Vaughn
17 Bernie Williams
18 Albert Belle
19 Ken Griffey Jr.
20 Livan Hernandez
21 Hideki Irabu
22 Mark McGwire
23 Raul Mondesi
24 Andy Pettitte
25 Tony Clark

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry, Belle is in the set. I can ask if he has one. He sold all the Yankees, has some others, but is thinking of listing them on eBay and just letting them ride.

1 Roberto Alomar
2 Dante Bichette
3 Barry Bonds
4 Roger Clemens
5 Juan Gonzalez
6 Mark Grace
7 Vladimir Guerrero
8 Tony Gwynn
9 Derek Jeter
10 David Justice
11 Chuck Knoblauch
12 Barry Larkin
13 Greg Maddux
14 Paul ONeill
15 Mike Piazza
16 Mo Vaughn
17 Bernie Williams
18 Albert Belle
19 Ken Griffey Jr.
20 Livan Hernandez
21 Hideki Irabu
22 Mark McGwire
23 Raul Mondesi
24 Andy Pettitte
25 Tony Clark

Thank god no bagwell!

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Major kick butt week for me on the 90's front! First I won the 90 Donruss Blue/White test Grace, and today I landed what I've considered a true "White Whale" for a long time. Never seen one of these in person before, just a scan one collector once sent me. Rare 1998 Topps Sports Cubz test issue. Not a card, more like a foam rubber mouse pad than anything else. Anybody looking for their guy? I have a lead. I know he still has Griffey and McGwire. Can't believe I knocked these two beasts off the want list on the same week.

$(KGrHqRHJCgFChC!6,qIBQrmI4IdCw~~60_57.JPG

sportzcubz.jpg

Both amazing! Need the Maddux.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

1 Roberto Alomar
2 Dante Bichette
3 Barry Bonds
4 Roger Clemens
5 Juan Gonzalez
6 Mark Grace
7 Vladimir Guerrero
8 Tony Gwynn
9 Derek Jeter
10 David Justice
11 Chuck Knoblauch
12 Barry Larkin
13 Greg Maddux
14 Paul ONeill
15 Mike Piazza
16 Mo Vaughn
17 Bernie Williams
18 Albert Belle
19 Ken Griffey Jr.
20 Livan Hernandez
21 Hideki Irabu
22 Mark McGwire
23 Raul Mondesi
24 Andy Pettitte
25 Tony Clark

Yet another odd ball item that beckett doesn't recognize. Let me know if he has the Belle and if he would sell it... depending on price I'm a buyer but am not going crazy over it. Especially if Beckett doesn't have it on my checklist.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Yet another odd ball item that beckett doesn't recognize. Let me know if he has the Belle and if he would sell it... depending on price I'm a buyer but am not going crazy over it. Especially if Beckett doesn't have it on my checklist.

They're on Beckett under "1998 Topps SportzCubz". (one word) Kinda like marbles and pencils though. Not necessarily a "card" (but closer than a marble I'd say!)

Anyhow great find Brad! I remember discussions about these from back in 2003 at least on the old BMB. Insane to finally find one

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
They're on Beckett under "1998 Topps SportzCubz". (one word) Kinda like marbles and pencils though. Not necessarily a "card" (but closer than a marble I'd say!)

Anyhow great find Brad! I remember discussions about these from back in 2003 at least on the old BMB. Insane to finally find one

I stand corrected, that is on my checklist... FML... let me know if he has one available lol

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I just picked up 12 more of the Pacific Embossed card show cards from the mid-late 90's. I now have 72 different ones of Larkin. The coolest part of it though is I tracked down a file that contains photos of the embossings from every one of the shows. I was surprised there were so many of them!! It made for a really cool looking scan when I printed out the embossing photos and scanned them with the cards. Here are a couple examples:

98PacificOmega64BarryLarkinEmbossedChicagoSunTimesCardShow-November20-221998.jpg

98Paramount147BarryLarkinEmbossedChicago-19thNationalConvention.jpg

98Paramount147BarryLarkinEmbossedKansasCityTri-StarShow-June19-211998.jpg

Members online

Latest posts