Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The price keeps dropping.

Well, I'm glad it didn't go up from the $2499 he originally asked! Even at $400, he's on bath salts for Grace. And he's lied to me regarding "other interest in the card." When it was at $1000, he offered it to me at $700 and said he had other offers "very close" to that amount and couldn't do any better. A few weeks later its at $400. His sales of McGwire and Canseco convinced him these are incredibly valuable, but I don't think he realized he lucked into some "passionate" player collectors with deep pockets on those two, and other players won't command the same prices.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Well, I'm glad it didn't go up from the $2499 he originally asked! Even at $400, he's on bath salts for Grace. And he's lied to me regarding "other interest in the card." When it was at $1000, he offered it to me at $700 and said he had other offers "very close" to that amount and couldn't do any better. A few weeks later its at $400. His sales of McGwire and Canseco convinced him these are incredibly valuable, but I don't think he realized he lucked into some "passionate" player collectors with deep pockets on those two, and other players won't command the same prices.

I might have gone 300 or so on the Canseco but I don't think there is another hardcore collector in our circle that would even know what the card was let alone go strong on it. no flashy auto or low numbering and not checklisted would not make it desirable to many of the other normal bidders.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL

Yeah. I don't think he ever sold the Maddux either. Lists it periodically for insane prices.

braves3331

Aug 19, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Major kick butt week for me on the 90's front! First I won the 90 Donruss Blue/White test Grace, and today I landed what I've considered a true "White Whale" for a long time. Never seen one of these in person before, just a scan one collector once sent me. Rare 1998 Topps Sports Cubz test issue. Not a card, more like a foam rubber mouse pad than anything else. Anybody looking for their guy? I have a lead. I know he still has Griffey and McGwire. Can't believe I knocked these two beasts off the want list on the same week.

$(KGrHqRHJCgFChC!6,qIBQrmI4IdCw~~60_57.JPG

sportzcubz.jpg

I'd be interested in the Justice if he has one. Let me know, thanks in advance.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Regarding the SportzCubz - the seller is a card shop owner in New York. Ebay ID is ip295. He decided to list the others he had on eBay. Right now he has Griffey, McGwire, Clemens and Mondesi listed. Search for "sportz cubz." for listings. I don't know if he is adding more.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Regarding the SportzCubz - the seller is a card shop owner in New York. Ebay ID is ip295. He decided to list the others he had on eBay. Right now he has Griffey, McGwire, Clemens and Mondesi listed. Search for "sportz cubz." for listings. I don't know if he is adding more.

I guess he doesn't have a belle... feel like these could just show up on eBay under mouse pads lol

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey

The Yankees Sportzcubz didn't sell too high. I wonder what these two will get at auction...

$T2eC16RHJHEE9ny2q9bZBQvrvC31Eg~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJEQFC1Y23KpSBQvrsshnLw~~60_57.JPG

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Not my favorite site either. Everybody wants close to BV. Hard to find good deals on there. Did you contact rinkrat yet? He traded me a bunch of Caminiti diffractors.

Members online