Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
RL24 said:
AndruwHRJones said:
henderson939 said:
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D

I agree with Fandruw as well. Maybe not with the way he said it in the Henderson thread. But it wasn't too difficult to find on ebay once manofsteel started contacting everyone who needed a redemption card and stated he had multiple sets. Also, was very curious that he had multiple Andruw's for sale but yet none were available on ebay at the time. As soon as he sold me one for $8, one finds its way to ebay and promptly doesn't sell for the minimum bid. And who is selling it, manofsteel. I am all for people making a buck. But the way manofsteel went about making his bucks was a little deceiving, especially on a board where many of us help each other for free. So if you want to bust anyone's balls, look no further than manofsteel. He tried buying the original seller on ebay out and thought he could rape the board player collectors before listing them on ebay. All the while, knowing he had way more sets in hand than there were player collectors on this board. Unfortunately for manofsteel, the original seller had way more sets than he originally told manofsteel. Now Fandruw has some sets and thus the drama. **End of Cliff Notes on the Redemption Sets**

It's very strange that on a board full of prospectors, where there are daily threads made by people boasting about how much money they made flipping cards, I am just now learning that making money is a bad thing here and everybody just gives everything away for free.

Bizarre.

AndruwHRJones, I am starting a collection of my new favorite Yankee, Andruw Jones. Will you please send me some free stuff to get it started? ;)

I guess you missed my point. I wasn't expecting him to give the cards away for free, I just didn't appreciate the deception and greediness he displayed with me PERSONALLY. I offered him $5 for one of the Andruw's he had. That offer in my opinion was more than fair considering how the market for his cards are these days. Had I known what price manofsteel had paid for a whole set, I would have thought the offer was WAY MORE than fair. So I get a reply from manofsteel saying he wanted $10 would go $8 for me. Now, I agreed to pay the $8 as I still assumed the card was rare and that there were not going to be 20-50 more sets flooding the market. Noone put a gun to my head, I agree I made the purchase.

My issue was with how he went about selling the cards to members of this board. Maybe he treated the Henderson collectors with a little more respect and honesty, I am not sure he can say the same for the other members he approached. As for his sales on ebay, by all means, those are fair game and I wish him the best. I just think using these boards to deceive and make money on the members is shady and low.

And I guess you don't know me well enough. I would be thrilled to find out another member of these boards were collecting Andruw Jones. I have a ton of duplicates just waiting for the next serious Andruw collector I find.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
AndruwHRJones said:
henderson939 said:
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D

I agree with Fandruw as well. Maybe not with the way he said it in the Henderson thread. But it wasn't too difficult to find on ebay once manofsteel started contacting everyone who needed a redemption card and stated he had multiple sets. Also, was very curious that he had multiple Andruw's for sale but yet none were available on ebay at the time. As soon as he sold me one for $8, one finds its way to ebay and promptly doesn't sell for the minimum bid. And who is selling it, manofsteel. I am all for people making a buck. But the way manofsteel went about making his bucks was a little deceiving, especially on a board where many of us help each other for free. So if you want to bust anyone's balls, look no further than manofsteel. He tried buying the original seller on ebay out and thought he could rape the board player collectors before listing them on ebay. All the while, knowing he had way more sets in hand than there were player collectors on this board. Unfortunately for manofsteel, the original seller had way more sets than he originally told manofsteel. Now Fandruw has some sets and thus the drama. **End of Cliff Notes on the Redemption Sets**

You are right that once they were listed, they were not hard to find. The point is, have they been listed in the last 15 years? As far as I know and other Henderson guys who regularly look for them, they havent been listed until now. As far as Brad goes, I dont blame him for trying to corner the market. Also why is that unusual that he would list one on Ebay after selling to you? What is he supposed to throw out all the Andruw Jones because he sold one to you? Also, explain how he tried rape the board members? Fandruw also mentioned the sets in this thread and listed his on Ebay. How is that any different from what Brad did? Maybe its time for the Larry, the other Henderson collector to show the classy pm he got from Fandruw.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
How was Brad to know the guy had more sets? He was under the impression that he bought all the guy had. I would have done the same thing had I stumbled across them. I had goy my Henderson in 99. I have never ever come across any until now. So to me, that would be pretty rare. I also had a Gwynn and a Bagwell, which I sold on Ebay about 4-5 years ago, and got around $50 for the pair. I aplogize to everyone here for instigating this. I dont want to take up anymore space here with this, so lets go to pms if you want to discuss it anymore.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
henderson939 said:

henderson939 said:
I also had a Gwynn and a Bagwell, which I sold on Ebay about 4-5 years ago, and got around $50 for the pair.

Wow! To think if you had the bagwell a year or so prior you would have had the grand prize :lol:

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
AndruwHRJones said:
And I guess you don't know me well enough. I would be thrilled to find out another member of these boards were collecting Andruw Jones. I have a ton of duplicates just waiting for the next serious Andruw collector I find.

Great news! I REALLY need a purple Crusade for my set. How much do you want?

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Fandruw25 said:
henderson939 said:

henderson939 said:
I also had a Gwynn and a Bagwell, which I sold on Ebay about 4-5 years ago, and got around $50 for the pair.

Wow! To think if you had the bagwell a year or so prior you would have had the grand prize :lol:

The Bagwell, was not the pack pulled grand prize winner, but the redemption.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
henderson939 said:
AndruwHRJones said:
henderson939 said:

You are right that once they were listed, they were not hard to find. The point is, have they been listed in the last 15 years? As far as I know and other Henderson guys who regularly look for them, they havent been listed until now. As far as Brad goes, I dont blame him for trying to corner the market. Also why is that unusual that he would list one on Ebay after selling to you? What is he supposed to throw out all the Andruw Jones because he sold one to you? Also, explain how he tried rape the board members? Fandruw also mentioned the sets in this thread and listed his on Ebay. How is that any different from what Brad did? Maybe its time for the Larry, the other Henderson collector to show the classy pm he got from Fandruw.

I found it unusual because had I known it was going to be listed on ebay, I would have not offered $8. I would have taken my chances with the 99 cent starting bid. He made it seem like he had 2 sets and were trying to help board members out. Like I said, I am not expecting him to give the cards away for free or not try to make some money. But the way he went about it with me and others on this board, I PERSONALLY found it deceiving and shady.

This thread probably isn't the best place to express my concerns. But since all of the Henderson collectors are coming to this thread and cracking jokes about the topic, I figured I would shed a little light on the topic from my point of view.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Cobra29svt said:
AndruwHRJones said:

Great news! I REALLY need a purple Crusade for my set. How much do you want?

Not sure how I offended you with my posts? But to answer your question, I said duplicates. I only have one purple crusade. I also didn't say I would give away high end cards. I just said that I would be more than happy to help out another Jones collector new to the board.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
1996Classic711PhoneCards.jpg

1996CollectorsChoiceYMTPGoldA.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Brewer Andy said:
[quote="George_Calfas":3ul6nwyq]Back to what matters

10 different players just arrived.....I like having extras.
$(KGrHqQOKioE1571U3iDBNl-3qr,)w~~_3.jpg

Hoarder. Still looking for a Vaughn[/quote:3ul6nwyq]

Greg or Mo...Greg I guess :lol:

Members online

Latest posts