Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
Konerko Listing below, all that I have to offer of those players. Some really nice & impressive Konerkos though. A shame they punted on him so early in his career! You can PM me with which ones you are interested in and I will let you know. Thanks!

Konerko1997 SP Top Prospects Auto
1998 Circa Rave #/150
1997 Bowman Blue & Black Ink Auto
1998 Bowman Silver Foil Auto (Print run 75)
1998 Bowman's Best Ref #/400
1996 Bowman's Best Atomic Ref
1998 Donruss/Leaf Green Crusade #/250
1998 Donruss/LEaf Purple Crusade #/100
1997 Donruss Signature Red Auto
1997 Don Sig Green Millennium auto #/1000
1997 Don Sig Blue Century Marks Auto #/100
1998 Stadium Club One of Kind #/150
1998 Topps Stars Gold Rainbow #/99
1998 Pacific Aurora Platinum Blue #/100
1999 Topps chrome Rookie Class Ref

Image (29).jpgImage (43).jpg

Hi,

I am interested in any Matt Luke, Billy Ashley and Paul Konerko (in Dodgers uniform).

Let me know what you've got for them.

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2008
Currently chasing the 1996 Upper Deck Diamond Destiny Gold & Silver sets. Drooling over that Gold Griffey! Have a dupe of the Silver that came on ebay really cheap. Curious how many of these golds exist of each player. Insanely tough to find.

1997toppsMit1998StarsandSteel017_zps65183a98.jpg

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Currently chasing the 1996 Upper Deck Diamond Destiny Gold & Silver sets. Drooling over that Gold Griffey! Have a dupe of the Silver that came on ebay really cheap. Curious how many of these golds exist of each player. Insanely tough to find.

I have heard somewhere between 20 and 50 and came from retail packs of Walmart but it's just a rumor. It was a rate of 1 in every 143 packs and there were 40 cards so 1 in every 5,720 packs to get a Griffey. The only way to really know though is the pack production made I don't remember seeing these at Walmart in 1996 and I went to a few walmart's so my guess it only went to bigger walmart's as well. I also think this was the time when Walmart just started to dabble in getting boxes made that only they could sell. This might have been the 1st Walmart box as I don't remember any Walmart boxes made from 1987 to 1995 either but I could be wrong.

MattinglyStash

Aug 5, 2009
I have heard somewhere between 20 and 50 and came from retail packs of Walmart but it's just a rumor. It was a rate of 1 in every 143 packs and there were 40 cards so 1 in every 5,720 packs to get a Griffey. The only way to really know though is the pack production made I don't remember seeing these at Walmart in 1996 and I went to a few walmart's so my guess it only went to bigger walmart's as well. I also think this was the time when Walmart just started to dabble in getting boxes made that only they could sell. This might have been the 1st Walmart box as I don't remember any Walmart boxes made from 1987 to 1995 either but I could be wrong.

I remember picking up these packs at a small Walmart in Spirit Lake IA. They were a dollar a pack and they had tons of them. A whole bin full that they use now for cheap DVDs.
You would get one Diamond Destiny per pack along with 3-5 regular UD cards. It was a repack of sorts with an exclusive insert. I believe it even stated on the pack it was available only at Walmart. I picked up 20-25 packs and got all bronze. Went back about a week later and they were gone.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I remember picking up these packs at a small Walmart in Spirit Lake IA. They were a dollar a pack and they had tons of them. A whole bin full that they use now for cheap DVDs.
You would get one Diamond Destiny per pack along with 3-5 regular UD cards. It was a repack of sorts with an exclusive insert. I believe it even stated on the pack it was available only at Walmart. I picked up 20-25 packs and got all bronze. Went back about a week later and they were gone.

I think I remember gettinng packs from Target back then too

Jan 14, 2009
Konerko Listing below, all that I have to offer of those players. Some really nice & impressive Konerkos though. A shame they punted on him so early in his career! You can PM me with which ones you are interested in and I will let you know. Thanks!

Konerko1997 SP Top Prospects Auto
1998 Circa Rave #/150
1997 Bowman Blue & Black Ink Auto
1998 Bowman Silver Foil Auto (Print run 75)
1998 Bowman's Best Ref #/400
1996 Bowman's Best Atomic Ref
1998 Donruss/Leaf Green Crusade #/250
1998 Donruss/LEaf Purple Crusade #/100
1997 Donruss Signature Red Auto
1997 Don Sig Green Millennium auto #/1000
1997 Don Sig Blue Century Marks Auto #/100
1998 Stadium Club One of Kind #/150
1998 Topps Stars Gold Rainbow #/99
1998 Pacific Aurora Platinum Blue #/100
1999 Topps chrome Rookie Class Ref

View attachment 56118View attachment 56119

HI,

I could use the 1998 Stadium One of a Kind and I also am interested in the UD3 Sheffield die-cut you have pictured (Matt Luke cameo card). Let me know.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
So I picked the Silver Promo up because it was so cheap seeing the Jeter go for almost $250.00 and Griffey not quite cracking $20.00 and they don't pop up often. So guess I will have to pick up the more common Gold when I see it on auction again to complete the Rainbow as I will be holding on to this for a little while it seems like.

Griffey Promo's0001.jpgGriffey Promo's0002.jpg

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
So I picked the Silver Promo up because it was so cheap seeing the Jeter go for almost $250.00 and Griffey not quite cracking $20.00 and they don't pop up often. So guess I will have to pick up the more common Gold when I see it on auction again to complete the Rainbow as I will be holding on to this for a little while it seems like.

View attachment 56164View attachment 56165

I say the following, only to help you maintain the value of some of your cards. It seems like you're on here quite a bit talking about how tough these Leaf Steel Promos are. That may be. But it's gone past the point of educating everyone on a product. You're killing their value. The way 1990sInsertCollector is killing the value of all of his rare Griffeys by leaving them on ebay just to show them off. Things get stale. A few months ago, I would've paid $1200 for the Griffey Bronze. Now I vomit in my mouth every time I see it pop up. (It's just the natural reaction of having something shoved down my throat.)

I realize this probably comes off as rude, but that's not my intention. Hide it, tuck it away, let people forget about it. That way when you really want to sell it, you pull it out and people have the reaction of "Oh yeah, I remember that! That thing is super rare" instead of "I see this on the message boards 5 times a week and nobody is offering on it or commenting about how rare/awesome it is, except for the seller."

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I say the following, only to help you maintain the value of some of your cards. It seems like you're on here quite a bit talking about how tough these Leaf Steel Promos are. That may be. But it's gone past the point of educating everyone on a product. You're killing their value. The way 1990sInsertCollector is killing the value of all of his rare Griffeys by leaving them on ebay just to show them off. Things get stale. A few months ago, I would've paid $1200 for the Griffey Bronze. Now I vomit in my mouth every time I see it pop up. (It's just the natural reaction of having something shoved down my throat.)

I realize this probably comes off as rude, but that's not my intention. Hide it, tuck it away, let people forget about it. That way when you really want to sell it, you pull it out and people have the reaction of "Oh yeah, I remember that! That thing is super rare" instead of "I see this on the message boards 5 times a week and nobody is offering on it or commenting about how rare/awesome it is, except for the seller."

Only showing it to see if someone has a Gold Promo floating around to trade everyone I know want's $30.00 plus when the last one sold for $2.00 I know it was a Buy It Now but I am willing to pay $10.00 maybe $15.00. As for as it going on ebay it will be a long time before you see it there. If I didn't buy the Silver for $20.00 I would not have posted it. As far as $1200.00 or $800.00 as I believe that was your last offer both are way low I have gotten a $3000.00 offer I passed on but don't worry it will not be posted anymore and I am certain I will still get messages and emails on the Bronze Promo cards like have ever since showing my Jeter Bronze the first time.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Happy Thursday. Predictors are a cluster but this is the rarest of redemption sets, yes?

1995 Upper Deck Retail Predictor League Leaders Prizes #R55 - Kirby Puckett
Courtesy of COMC.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts