Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
In 1998 Leaf (for their 50th anniversary) had a subset called "curtain calls" in their base set. They took some of the more popular Leaf cards from through the years, and essentially reprinted and added the newer foil to them. The Curtain Calls Subset also had parallels... Fractal Matrix, Fractal Materials, and then Fractal Matrix/Material Die Cuts. This is the Fractal Matrix Z-Axis Die Cut... the rarest of them all.

Here is my Griffey from the same set - notice it's a reprint of his 1990 Leaf card.

Hope this helps.
View attachment 57063

So the Ripken and the A-Rod above are not Curtain Calls. But still parallels?

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
So the Ripken and the A-Rod above are not Curtain Calls. But still parallels?

Same set. The Ripken looks to be from the regular/base set. The A-Rod looks like its from the Gold Leaf Stars subset... same year/set. They would all be under 1998 Leaf if you were to look in a Beckett.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
1993 Studio Superstars on Canvas no foil cards aren't too hard to find, are they? I didn't have one, so I picked this up for 99 cents. Not listed as a no foil error though (no name, no Studio logo).

s-l500.jpg

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
In 1998 Leaf (for their 50th anniversary) had a subset called "curtain calls" in their base set. They took some of the more popular Leaf cards from through the years, and essentially reprinted and added the newer foil to them. The Curtain Calls Subset also had parallels... Fractal Matrix, Fractal Materials, and then Fractal Matrix/Material Die Cuts. This is the Fractal Matrix Z-Axis Die Cut... the rarest of them all.

Here is my Griffey from the same set - notice it's a reprint of his 1990 Leaf card.

Hope this helps.
View attachment 57063
Ohhh my!!!I would love to have that in my pc!!Nice one bud!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I made 2 trades recently and will take 4 off my list and I am about to buy a card soon as well that will complete a Rainbow. I am hoping to get a few more this year before it's over.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Not a rare insert card but a few nice rare sealed boxes... didnt know how long I would have to wait to find one... let alone 2... including a gold one. Super pumped. Even if I did pay more than I wanted.. :)

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
The hologram is gold in person but looks silver in the scan. Oddly enough, neither BGS nor PSA had graded one prior to this, so I'm pretty excited to get a 9.5.

Members online

Latest posts