Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Anyone know anything about some 1996 Leaf Studio Proofs? I picked up 6 of them from a $1 box at a card shop in MD a few days ago.

1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Proof Ken Griffey Jr. #2 of ten (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Proof Frank Thomas #3 of ten (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Proof Mike Piazza #6 of ten (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Proof Barry Bonds #7 of ten (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Masterstrokes Tony Gwynn #1 of 8 (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Masterstrokes Frank Thomas #6 of 8 (xxxx/5000)

Run a sold items search for "executive promo" in baseball cards on ebay. Then smile. Somebody sold a bunch of these back in November and the stars went for big money.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Wanted to know what the 1999 Pacific Player's Choice cards look like... is the only difference from the base card the stamp that they carry? Anyone have a scan of their player???

1999 Pacific Crown Collection Players Choice Awards #112 - Alex Fernandez
Courtesy of COMC.com

This six-card partial-parallel was given away to attendees of the 1999 MLBPA Players Choice Awards. Each card has a special "Players Choice" stamp on the front, and is serial-numbered to the production figures listed below on the back.
10 Randy Velarde
41 Cal Ripken, Jr.
47 Pedro Martinez
88 Manny Ramirez
112 Alex Fernandez
128 Jose Lima

Had not heard (or seen!) of this issue before for Manny Ramirez... After checking around this baseballcardpedia blurb does not line up with other info. The Alex Fernandez on comc is not serial #'d. The #'s listed by bbcp are just the card #'s for each of those players in crown collection that year and not the production of each. And finally, a found a more informative blurb online in the 2010 Standard Book:
Chrome Legacy Window 142016 70757 PM.jpg

Does anybody else have one? Has anybody seen the Ripken? Would be nice to see another pic besides just the Alex Fernandez. Now I've gotta track down a Manny ;)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Anyone know anything about some 1996 Leaf Studio Proofs? I picked up 6 of them from a $1 box at a card shop in MD a few days ago.

1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Proof Ken Griffey Jr. #2 of ten (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Proof Frank Thomas #3 of ten (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Proof Mike Piazza #6 of ten (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Hit Parade Proof Barry Bonds #7 of ten (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Masterstrokes Tony Gwynn #1 of 8 (xxxx/5000)
1996 Leaf Studio Masterstrokes Frank Thomas #6 of 8 (xxxx/5000)

Lmk on the Gwynn!!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
carrsallstars said:
Had not heard (or seen!) of this issue before for Manny Ramirez... After checking around this baseballcardpedia blurb does not line up with other info. The Alex Fernandez on comc is not serial #'d. The #'s listed by bbcp are just the card #'s for each of those players in crown collection that year and not the production of each. And finally, a found a more informative blurb online in the 2010 Standard Book:
View attachment 58139

Does anybody else have one? Has anybody seen the Ripken? Would be nice to see another pic besides just the Alex Fernandez. Now I've gotta track down a Manny ;)

The baseballcardpedia info on these (along with most of their info) is word-for-word from the Beckett annual, so its highly likely that Beckett has their info wrong (or they were given the wrong info from Pacific years ago and no one cares enough to fix it). At any rate, these probably aren't numbered but are probably impossible to find.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
The ones that are Sample/5000 are quite common, and would all sell for less than $5 each. I think those were given to dealers with the Studio order forms. The ones that are XXXX/5000 are very rare, only a few of each made, and were usually made for internal company use. These ones are potentially big money, potentially stupid irresponsible money if a few collectors who do not have them get into a bidding war.

" potentially stupid irresponsible money if a few collectors who do not have them get into a bidding war."

I no longer negotiate with cardboard terrorists!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Bunch of '98 Elite Status /100 cards listed. Unfortunately I missed out on the Lofton by a couple minutes. Not a bad price either.
I thought about buying the Lofton and a few others for the discount but decided otherwise and only took this one.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Martinez%20Pedro_1998%20Donruss%20Prized%20Collections%20Preferred%20597%20GS_PSA%2010_zps8c62wiji.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
In honor of his 99% vote, I decided to go through my Griffeys, and "rank" my top 99 cards of him. 99% of them are 1990s inserts :)

I kept having technical difficulties, so there are multiple videos of varying lengths, and the audio is pretty unbearable (mainly because I hate hearing myself talk on recordings) and I must've said "Really tough to find" about 700,000 times. If this isn't enough to discourage you, there are some pretty cool gems (in my biased opinion) in there.

Very nice stuff and I agree, most of those are hard to find. Or at least hard to find the money to buy...:p

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Need some help... just got a lot of 1996 Leaf Press Proofs in. The silver are very easy to tell. Anyone have any tips on telling the gold apart from the bronze??? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Need some help... just got a lot of 1996 Leaf Press Proofs in. The silver are very easy to tell. Anyone have any tips on telling the gold apart from the bronze??? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Golds seem to have a Green look to them

gold1x.jpg

heres a Gold Thomas and Griffey together
gold2x.jpg

mads.jpg

Last edited:

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
No pic yet because I just won it, but I FINALLY can call off a 17 year search!! After all this time, the first ever 1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9 Carlos Baerga popped up and I won it!! For WAY less than my max snipe, too!! I can at last cross off a card from my want list that I NEVER thought I'd be able to!!

2016 is off to a good start - just gotta find that 2004 Donruss Black Press Proof now...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
No pic yet because I just won it, but I FINALLY can call off a 17 year search!! After all this time, the first ever 1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9 Carlos Baerga popped up and I won it!! For WAY less than my max snipe, too!! I can at last cross off a card from my want list that I NEVER thought I'd be able to!!

2016 is off to a good start - just gotta find that 2004 Donruss Black Press Proof now...
I had both the Baerga and Kapler in my watchlist. I thought there was some funny business and decided not to bid since the Gabe shot up so fast the other day.

Congrats!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Congrats sir !

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Congrats!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts