Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Obviously those Starting 9s are high on everyone's wantlist. With that said (and not to knock anyone's card) what's so cool about them? They are just the base card with the added foil, right? I get the appeal of rare parallels. I'm a huge 90s fan. But does anyone actually like the way these look?

I do agree with this, it's definitely more about rarity. The fact that they're pretty bland might actually limit the amount I would be willing to spend personally. I've seen nicer 1/1s of my player sell for less than what I would expect one of these to go for so it would be an odd dilemma if one ever pops up just how high of a snipe I'd be comfortable with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I do agree with this, it's definitely more about rarity. The fact that they're pretty bland might actually limit the amount I would be willing to spend personally. I've seen nicer 1/1s of my player sell for less than what I would expect one of these to go for so it would be an odd dilemma if one ever pops up just how high of a snipe I'd be comfortable with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I never went balls out pursuing one of my guy, only because he also has the base Fleer, base checklist, Warning Track reg and checklist, and a few other parallels of the same card.

Gimme some dufex, or holofoil, or PMG/Rubies finish if you're gonna make a parallel!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Obviously those Starting 9s are high on everyone's wantlist. With that said (and not to knock anyone's card) what's so cool about them? They are just the base card with the added foil, right? I get the appeal of rare parallels. I'm a huge 90s fan. But does anyone actually like the way these look?

The base cards are already attractive with their borderless design and the unique looking stamp in blue with serial number adds something to the appeal, in my opinion. In rare parallels where there is only a minor difference from the base card, I much prefer the serial number to be on the front. I like them.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I got it for $105.50 I had my sniped set above that. I did not plan to let it get by me in case I did not see one again.

Glad you got it, I was following it and it stayed low for quite awhile. I was gonna bid $75 but it wouldn't have been enough anyway, though I think you got a good price on it.

Ryan

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Must have been what happened. I bought the four Mo Vaughn and two Ray Lankford cards. The size was cut to card size just not die cut or serial numbered.

Once someone gets their 2000 Finest Gold Refractors in hand will you let us know how they look? I'm always concerned when someone cuts up a sheet on their own. Thanks!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
My no serial no rigid edges backdoored Finest came today. Sat them next to the originals.
image_55.jpeg

image_57.jpeg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Once someone gets their 2000 Finest Gold Refractors in hand will you let us know how they look? I'm always concerned when someone cuts up a sheet on their own. Thanks!

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149808

I posted in here, but I know the current seller didn't cut them. See last post in above thread. Bobby, the current seller, doesn't know if the person I mentioned in thread had em' cut or because of his technology/card connection they were done back in 99/00 and given to him etc.

Ryan

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
OK guys, I assume it's safe now to talk about the 1995 Pinnacle Rainbow Foil Artist's Proofs? I can't believe I was the underbid on stars like Chipper and Ripken and I wish I would have bid higher on the Ripken. Ended up with just the Albert. I had a low bid on the Rusty because it's perhaps my least favorite card of him ever... it's not him pictured.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
OK guys, I assume it's safe now to talk about the 1995 Pinnacle Rainbow Foil Artist's Proofs? I can't believe I was the underbid on stars like Chipper and Ripken and I wish I would have bid higher on the Ripken. Ended up with just the Albert. I had a low bid on the Rusty because it's perhaps my least favorite card of him ever... it's not him pictured.

That quad checklist 😳😳😳😳😳

Thanks,
Jeff

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I just have this horrible feeling like I let some great deals on really unique cards slip through my fingers. It's so hard to set snipes when they all end about the same time... you don't know how much you have or haven't spent already LOL

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Dang totally missed the Piazzas

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I didn't go for any of the rainbow foil AP Thomases simply because I knew there were bigger spenders out there than me. I hope to find some by accident one day.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
I found it interesting that the seller said he got these out of packs? I would have guessed they were lunch pail cards for sure? I am somewhat surprised as I bet the seller is too.. I watched the quad end and it did a big jump in the last 5 seconds when the snipes came in. It was actually fun and reminded me of the old days except not having to hit the refresh button a 100 times..

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Congrats on getting the Belle. Did you get both? I took a hard look and passed. I honestly don't know what they are and felt like they were BS. I don't know haha

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I found it interesting that the seller said he got these out of packs? I would have guessed they were lunch pail cards for sure? I am somewhat surprised as I bet the seller is too.. I watched the quad end and it did a big jump in the last 5 seconds when the snipes came in. It was actually fun and reminded me of the old days except not having to hit the refresh button a 100 times..

Yea, that's part of the BS story. No chance he pulled all these from packs haha. I want someone to get them in hand and analyze. Just doesn't smell right to me.

Members online

Latest posts