Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I always buy every box of 97 Finest series 2 I see, one popped up Friday I got for $50 dlvd. Pulled this gem!! Not Griffey but will do! First good pull out of about of 10 boxes.

Awesome card. Is there any information you guys have on approximate print runs of these? Really want to find a Belle one day but have never even seen one come up. I found an old thread from 2009 but it doesn't have too much definitive info...

Last edited:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Awesome card. Is there any information you guys have on approximate print runs of these? Really want to find a Belle one day but have never even seen one come up. I found an old thread from 2009 but it doesn't have too much definitive info...

34 is the appoximate number. Few people have suggested 27 and others 50.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I really wish I had the extra money to buy all 15 that popped up last week :( prob never see lots like that again where your able to get a nice chuck of the set.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
34 is the appoximate number. Few people have suggested 27 and others 50.

Ok that makes sense. I remember 97/98 finest embossed refractors were numbered in basketball (/263 for silver and /74 for gold IIRC), so I figured along those same lines. But based on what I've seen, baseball seems to be a little tougher than those odds.

Sum10Wong

Nov 19, 2015
attachment.php

Pack fresh!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 149

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Anyone have much experience with boxes of Fractal Materials? Picked up a box, excited to crack - my first, but only 4 of the 18 packs had a fractal materials card. Was this collation a common issue? Don't have any reason to doubt the packaging, just a big bummer. It started out well enough, first pack: Z2! ....of, Alex Fernandez.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Anyone have much experience with boxes of Fractal Materials? Picked up a box, excited to crack - my first, but only 4 of the 18 packs had a fractal materials card. Was this collation a common issue? Don't have any reason to doubt the packaging, just a big bummer. It started out well enough, first pack: Z2! ....of, Alex Fernandez.

Are you sure you aren't confusing the plastic /3250 cards with base cards? Because each plastic materials card is #ed to /3250, while each base is /3999. Most boxes averaged 85-90% of the materials card being plastic if I remember correctly (haven't opened any of this product in many, many years).

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Are you sure you aren't confusing the plastic /3250 cards with base cards? Because each plastic materials card is #ed to /3250, while each base is /3999. Most boxes averaged 85-90% of the materials card being plastic if I remember correctly (haven't opened any of this product in many, many years).

Certain. 14 of the 18 packs were all Fractal Foundations (bluish foil) base cards /3999. Total of 50 base cards from the box.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
That's rough man sorry to hear that. At least you got a Z2 - those weren't one per box.

Yea, the player selection was solid on the other 3 materials as well: Thome Leather Die-Cut, Henderson Nylon and Clark Leather. Almost as though all the plastic /3250 were subbed for foundations /3999. In that light, suppose I can't be too disappointed. About once a year a get a wax itch. I love boxes with a solid floor but also with the upside wildcard. After busting a '98 Leaf R&S, '97 Leaf Series 2 and '98 Fractal Materials in the past week...back to singles for me!

Last edited:

Members online