Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
One of the tougher 90's inserts to keep in good condition. So many corners its not funny
This one was pack pulled and protected immediately.

Pedro-pARA-Special-D.jpg

That's amazing. Those cards are impossible to get into penny sleeves without dinging a corner. Must have gone into a cardsaver.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
One of the tougher 90's inserts to keep in good condition. So many corners its not funny
This one was pack pulled and protected immediately.

Pedro-pARA-Special-D.jpg

Ha! I think you just may have the impossible card. Imagine if it were a 10! I have never really been impressed with grading all that much ... until I saw this card.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Can someone give me some info on this card? Found it at the LCS, and I saw Belle on eBay a while back that went for quite a bit more than I expected. I may be searching wrong but I don't see another on eBay:

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1461955672.204312.jpg

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Can someone give me some info on this card? Found it at the LCS, and I saw Belle on eBay a while back that went for quite a bit more than I expected. I may be searching wrong but I don't see another on eBay:

View attachment 61846

1997 Pinnacle mint golds. Tough pulls from a crap product. Not super easy to find, but also not super rare and not really high in demand. I picked up a second maddux a year or so ago for $5. Griffey will likely pull down some $ though.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Ok thanks, that makes sense. I'm not a fan of those card/coin things. Couldn't believe the Belle brought almost $30, figured $3 for the Griffey was a good deal.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ok thanks, that makes sense. I'm not a fan of those card/coin things. Couldn't believe the Belle brought almost $30, figured $3 for the Griffey was a good deal.

Probably was a good deal. A lot of card shop owners either don't realize just how crazy player collectors are on eBay or they don't care. My LCS owner says he doesn't have time to list everything in his inventory and he's fearful of hiring someone part time because they may steal from him. I've scored good deals at times. I'm sure he's had better stuff lying around that got scooped up long before I had a chance. But I don't think he wants to deal with the hassle.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I would say that is 99.999% false. But I didn't see him cut it, so I guess he can state that. Not trying to get involved, just know he has a sheet and know where it came from.

Ryan

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Place a card on either side of it and then once it is in the sleeve, remove the two outer cards. Same for the Topps laser and other funky cut cards.

That's amazing. Those cards are impossible to get into penny sleeves without dinging a corner. Must have gone into a cardsaver.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Just finished up my 1996 SP Holoview Red set - grabbed the Griffey for $25! Have a completed 1994 Holoview Red set and still need 13 cards for the 1995 Special F/X set.

I've been having fun building some of these kinds of sets recently - should of done this years ago!

Members online