Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Like previously mentioned, some cards scan better turned parallel to the scanner bed, while some perpendicular. Likewise, some with opened lid, some closed; I'll scan multiple times to find the right way. My scanner has an LED bar with multiple LEDs, as a result, each light refracts on the surface at a different angle, producing a different color wavelength.

I have tried every angle I can and none come out even close to that. Although my phone camera does pretty well. Wish I could get my scan like that though

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I've long given up on scanners and learned to actually prefer pics. Play around with lighting. This is artificial light just now, but I find a card standing up in natural sunlight usually gets the best pics

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
7daad1bf4e84ab84ff9a718db8dd999c.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
If you're using a phone, I recommend using a black background in indirect natural light, using an app called CamScanner. You're able to take the picture at a slight angle, increasing the light play, then square up the image setting the corners in the free software.

Here's an example:

New%20Doc%2013.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
If you're using a phone, I recommend using a black background in indirect natural light, using an app called CamScanner. You're able to take the picture at a slight angle, increasing the light play, then square up the image setting the corners in the free software.

Interesting. I'll have to download that and give it a try. Thanks for sharing

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I declare that brilliants 24k gold pic to be totally sweet. And by totally sweet I mean really friggin *****in.

Edit: Hmmm. Guess I can't say b*tchin here. I hereby modify my post to read "really friggin badass".

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I consider the 24k cards to be right up there with the red crusades ... they are all kinds of awesome!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Using really nice cards usually makes for better pictures, too. I've actually managed to find some noteworthy 90s cards lately, reserving this space for pics when I get home.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
The time has come for the final 2 Biggio Crusades to leave the nest. I've raised them right, instilled values, showed them the ways of the world. Now, they need to find a new adventure and home with new friends.

<--- Check them out, because they'll be gone in T-Minus 10 hours!

:? *Bittersweet* *End of an era*

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
No Troy Glaus collectors on here? I think @DeliciousBacon is but there is a Starting 9 on COMC and just shocked it isn't swooped up yet by a collector of his... then again $150 is not peanuts and might be too heavy a fair.

Not mine by the way but here is the link: http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/1999/Fleer_Tradition_Starting_Nine/581S/Troy_Glaus/2247761

Yeah, I've seen that one, but $150 is far far more than I can ever justify. I know that's an iconic set and all, but I own at least a dozen Glaus 1/1s that I paid less than $150 for combined.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts