Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Yeah, I've seen that one, but $150 is far far more than I can ever justify. I know that's an iconic set and all, but I own at least a dozen Glaus 1/1s that I paid less than $150 for combined.

I paid more than double for my Bernie compared to some 1/1's bought. My thinking is there are a lot more 1/1's now and only 9 of those.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Anyone have a guess on how much that Mirror Gold Jeter goes for? I think someone said the last one went for around 30K is that right?

I find it interesting though to how much the 96 Mirror Gold go for with NO serial number. The /30 is just a stated print run which on most late 90's inserts has can have a negative effect on sales. At least IMO

Last edited:

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Someone is shill bidding that Jeter no way it should be $12,600 already. I can't see it selling for more than $10,000. About 3 years ago a PSA 9 sold for $13,000 as the final price and this is a PSA 8. Oh well like I said before I know a Griffey collector who has 3 of these but is missing that 1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promo Griffey I own I will not give it up unless we can work some kind of a trade and cash deal for it. I have pretty much given up on that card because people are just too crazy for it and you have the people holding on to the others I believe I know where 15 are and none of those are moving anytime soon. Which leaves 15 left that the super collectors or just crazy rich people will fight for them. I would have to be crazy lucky to find one now. All the collectors who own them congrats you definitely picked them up at the right place right time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Someone is shill bidding that Jeter no way it should be $12,600 already. I can't see it selling for more than $10,000. About 3 years ago a PSA 9 sold for $13,000 as the final price and this is a PSA 8. Oh well like I said before I know a Griffey collector who has 3 of these but is missing that 1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promo Griffey I own I will not give it up unless we can work some kind of a trade and cash deal for it. I have pretty much given up on that card because people are just too crazy for it and you have the people holding on to the others I believe I know where 15 are and none of those are moving anytime soon. Which leaves 15 left that the super collectors or just crazy rich people will fight for them. I would have to be crazy lucky to find one now. All the collectors who own them congrats you definitely picked them up at the right place right time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

The Jeter does seem to have some strange bidding going on. It is now at 15K. But did you expect anything less? Anytime a card like that is on consignment it risks being manipulated. Even without manipulation i am thinking the card hits 20K+ and unless you are willing to fork over that much I think you are pretty much SOL on owning one. And that is even if you can find someone willing to part with one.

As for the Bronze Griffey Promo, Cool card but I wouldn't put it in the same realm as the Iconic Certified Gold.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
The Jeter does seem to have some strange bidding going on. It is now at 15K. But did you expect anything less? Anytime a card like that is on consignment it risks being manipulated. Even without manipulation i am thinking the card hits 20K+ and unless you are willing to fork over that much I think you are pretty much SOL on owning one. And that is even if you can find someone willing to part with one.

As for the Bronze Griffey Promo, Cool card but I wouldn't put it in the same realm as the Iconic Certified Gold.

That's why I said Cash/Trade. If it hits 20k that's unreal seeing others that are a much higher grade have gone for far less. I was thinking 10k to 12k for a PSA 8 copy. I do have an offer on the plate for the Griffey being 8k and its a good offer but unless I can get something I am really wanting I am not that interested in selling it seeing it's the only one I have seen.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
That's why I said Cash/Trade. If it hits 20k that's unreal seeing others that are a much higher grade have gone for far less. I was thinking 10k to 12k for a PSA 8 copy. I do have an offer on the plate for the Griffey being 8k and its a good offer but unless I can get something I am really wanting I am not that interested in selling it seeing it's the only one I have seen.

If you have an $8000 offer on the Leaf Bronze Griffey, take it and run. There is absolutely no way it belongs in the same price range [or discussion] as the Crusade Red, Mirror Gold, or any other top-tier Griffey cards. It's a thick, ugly, metal card that everyone overlooks because it's thick, ugly, and metal. Even if it is a 1/1 (which it's not), even if it was pack issued (which it's not), it's just not a desirable card. It's that thorn in everyone player collector's side that nobody really wants to put on a wantlist or really acknowledge at all. Plus, you have totally killed the mystique of it, trying to bring it up whenever a REAL iconic card of a star surfaces. Seriously, every time. Stop trying to make *fetch* happen.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014

can't blame someone who has the ability to purchase that for 20k to pull the trigger.

you never know how long it will be until another shows up regardless of previous sales of higher graded versions.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I would have to agree with Goob on the Griffey plate. If you have an $8,000 offer on it you would be foolish not to sell it. Unless you were a hardcore Griffey fan, have serious sentimental attachment to it or have more than 8K invested in it (which I highly doubt) not selling it at that price is a little crazy. I am not trying to judge but I think I know the person you are talking about and I think 8K may be a little on the high side of what he would be willing to pay, now if he IS offering you 8K. Take it my man!! You can buy a whole lot of Jeter's with that money.

Members online

Latest posts