Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ripken8

Nov 11, 2013

Great stuff! Just for your cataloging accuracy, your 1998 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 0 is one of the backdoored/after-market stamped variations. The "legitimate" versions have the serial numbering along the left side and includes Ripken's name in foil above the stats block. Not sure if you knew that or not, but wanted to mention it just in case.

Onthespotdetailing

Nov 1, 2015
Great stuff! Just for your cataloging accuracy, your 1998 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 0 is one of the backdoored/after-market stamped variations. The "legitimate" versions have the serial numbering along the left side and includes Ripken's name in foil above the stats block. Not sure if you knew that or not, but wanted to mention it just in case.
I did know that, but I am not sure how to categorize that one. Maybe I'll just get the other one too so I can side by side them

Dec 4, 2008
I thought this one was interesting. I have always loved the design of the 1999 Ultra Diamond Producers. Also have noticed the yellowing that seems to happen often with top loaders and the convo that was previously had about those, along with 1999 Skybox E-X Century yellow plastic variations. Came across this Griffey Diamond Producers that has an interesting, even yellow tint to it also. Pretty sure it is just the card and not an optical effect from the scan as it perfectly mirrors only the card. Still curious what causes this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332189889926

Onthespotdetailing

Nov 1, 2015
So as I was cropping these files and preparing them for my database, I noticed that Ryan Minor had autographed this card. There is no way these were issued this way is there? If not, anyone collect him that would want it?
1998 Bowmans Best Mirror Image Fusion #MI5.jpg

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
To piggyback off a recent post:

Promo:
1998-flair-showcase-row-0-legacy-collection-promo-3.jpg

Pack-Issued:
1998-flair-showcase-row-0-legacy-collection-3.jpg

Partial Serial Number:
1998-flair-showcase-row-0-legacy-collection-partial-serial-number-3.jpg

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Posted in the Ripken thread but happy to finally complete my Crusade Rainbow! Would you believe I happened to receive the Red and Purple both on the same day, from two different sellers, on 12/18/14, and just finally got the Green in yesterday? Green was in a drought for awhile, glad it didn't spike in price too much. I wonder if I'm the only person to have taken so long to get a Green to complete their set!

ripkencrusade_zpsslqc26rz.jpg

Members online

Latest posts