Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
df998e20a5221eff059b93453c46b53e.jpg

This set have any value? From 96 7-11 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the advertisement standing up in that picture. It for sale?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Just back from vacation and had these waiting from DallasCardboys and COMC.

aYTYxL.jpg
uNi3Pn.jpg

TOPuZq.jpg
CiUjDe.jpg

Finally, a card I knew had to exist because the set would have been produced at one time, but with Frank not being a winner, wasn't sure if I'd ever find one:

64ADT6.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Do we have a list of which Predictors were like Frank and did not meet any of their challenges? I'd like to direct player collectors to this who are like me and barely have an understanding of 1997's predictor program.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Just back from vacation and had these waiting from DallasCardboys and COMC.

Finally, a card I knew had to exist because the set would have been produced at one time, but with Frank not being a winner, wasn't sure if I'd ever find one:

64ADT6.jpg

A seller on Beckett claims to have one, but without photo it could easily be the scratch off.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
A seller on Beckett claims to have one, but without photo it could easily be the scratch off.

Yes, and the same seller sent me the wrong card in my order, won't reply to my emails, and I can't get my money refunded with PP without Beckett's initiation, and all they'll do is email him. If he listed one card wrong, I suspect he's listed this one wrong too.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Do we have a list of which Predictors were like Frank and did not meet any of their challenges? I'd like to direct player collectors to this who are like me and barely have an understanding of 1997's predictor program.

I had a list, but had a major PC loss last year and the vast majority of my projects have been lost. Just haven't had the heart to start all over again. I'm pretty sure the Galarraga was also a loser, but I didn't want to pick it up just in case a player collector like myself was looking for it. I figured the majority of resellers wouldn't recognize it as a difficult card and that it would get purchased by someone in the know.

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
^^^ Awesome run!

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Thank you sir, I really hope to find the other two Production Lines, that would be an awesome run. Though, I'd be kidding myself to say, I wouldn't like to add as many of these to my collection as possible. They've always been a focus of mine.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Thank you sir, I really hope to find the other two Production Lines, that would be an awesome run. Though, I'd be kidding myself to say, I wouldn't like to add as many of these to my collection as possible. They've always been a focus of mine.
It's been impressive to see what DCB had access to somehow. I'm sure they were Donruss employee or connected to one. I added 3 Clarks but you guys with players that were in so many inserts are in a catch 22. Awesome to add new stuff, but I'm sure the wallet is taking a hit. Good luck adding more.

Ryan

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
It's been impressive to see what DCB had access to somehow. I'm sure they were Donruss employee or connected to one. I added 3 Clarks but you guys with players that were in so many inserts are in a catch 22. Awesome to add new stuff, but I'm sure the wallet is taking a hit. Good luck adding more.

Ryan

I've been thinking a lot about this, about the "who" is DCB. The spread of things they have from complete insert sets to common base to rare #'d issues as *** proofs. it strikes me as a catalog. I was curious whether a mass publication like Beckett, during this time frame, would have been privy to pre-release "samples".

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've been thinking a lot about this, about the "who" is DCB. The spread of things they have from complete insert sets to common base to rare #'d issues as *** proofs. it strikes me as a catalog. I was curious whether a mass publication like Beckett, during this time frame, would have been privy to pre-release "samples".
Hmmm, being in Dallas could lead to a Beckett connection as well. I am not sure why DLP would need to feed them Samples vs just a checklist, but it's not out if the realm.

Ryan

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX

I'm fairly certain its a current/former Beckett employee or a person with a connection to them as well. Their compete runs are from every manufacturer, and the desire for anonymity would support this. Also, I've purchased 1of1s from them that were featured in old Beckett magazines, but never seen elsewhere.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm fairly certain its a current/former Beckett employee or a person with a connection to them as well. Their compete runs are from every manufacturer, and the desire for anonymity would support this. Also, I've purchased 1of1s from them that were featured in old Beckett magazines, but never seen elsewhere.

I'm hooked, someone write up a movie or mini series for a second tier cable company or some kind of back page Netflix exclusive. I want to see this produced with a C+ cast on a low budget. Off the top of my head call it "Dallas Card Buyers Club" or "House of Cardboard Cards" just ideas, someone run with it.