Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Magic, can you post that display of your Griffeys again? Have you changed it around at all?

1K011_zps8960740d.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Has anybody seen a difference in cropping of the picture for any other players on the 1995 Pinnacle Pins?

I've never noticed that type of difference on the front, but I have 2 Griffey one's that are noticeably different on the reverse. The Pinnacle copyright information stamped into the metal are 2 very different sizes & fonts. Those 2 Ripken's are pretty awesomely different. The Griffey's I have, I pretty much ignored and assumed it was just a different print run, because the front's look the same to me.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Metal colors the same? One looks more gold and the other more silver looking... again, might be just damaged versus another version IMHO.
The picture is completely different...
It's cropping, plus the color. It's 100% a different version.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
Like Ryan said its the cropping that makes it different and now that I looked at the back they are different too. The color is slightly different, and that could be for a variety of reasons, but not as much as the scans make it seem. Below are pictures taken with my camera.

The picture is completely different...
It's cropping, plus the color. It's 100% a different version.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Like Ryan said its the cropping that makes it different and now that I looked at the back they are different too. The color is slightly different, and that could be for a variety of reasons, but not as much as the scans make it seem. Below are pictures taken with my camera.

That one on the right is definitely strange, almost bootleg or 3rd party type thing. That made in Taiwan sticker on the reverse rather than Pinnacle stamping on the metal just screams bootleg, but I don't know how big of a market those would be, if it would be worth it. Even Ripken's shoulder or whatever that hump is on the front picture just wouldn't normally pass Pinnacle's quality control. But I still like it, it's most definitely a unique variation to a more known release. Mine, of course, looks like the one of the left.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts