Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1244 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 24474411441194123412401241124212431244124512461247124812541294 ... LastLast
Results 18,646 to 18,660 of 19547

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Oops I now see this was mentioned earlier.

How do so many of these come from one source? All the big names too....
    Last edited by Gjb70; 03-09-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to be someone that was just into 90's inserts and 1/1's before they went crazy. It only my 4th 90's 1/1 Mariano and the first one I've ever seen in the wild.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seller states they have a few more that will be listed. I am leaning away from these being the pack issued ones, more towards a stamped replacement set. But that's just my thoughts, and not fact based.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

lanlord99
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigunitcards View Post
    What's up with all the '99 Ultra Masterpieces just listed, backdoored? Samho just sold the Jeter in January.
    For some reason I remember a Beckett article about some Fleer Ultra cards that were mistakenly stamped with the the Masterpiece foil on them, therefore creating multiple copies of a particular card.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLARNOLD View Post
    For some reason I remember a Beckett article about some Fleer Ultra cards that were mistakenly stamped with the the Masterpiece foil on them, therefore creating multiple copies of a particular card.

If it's the ones I'm thinking of yes... they did do that but they were numbered as part of the legacy.... so to /100. But had the purple foil on the front.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like shown here... these are both /100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Griffey 99 ultra masterpiece had been sold in Nov-Dec I believe as well.

Junior Member Matthew J Burrows's Avatar
     burrowsm_3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripkenfan126 View Post

Just like shown here... these are both /100

I absolutely LOVE Flair Legacies!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Seller states they have a few more that will be listed. I am leaning away from these being the pack issued ones, more towards a stamped replacement set. But that's just my thoughts, and not fact based.

Ryan
    I agree.

Originally thought the Griffey (base version) that sold back in December was questionable due to the "Only 1/1..." stamp not being clean and the full text slanting downward/not being perfectly horizontal across the card - thought it was a damage replacement that was printed and stamped after the fact due to multiple previous posts stating how 99 Ultra baseball had backdoored copies out there. I thought that the pack-pulled version would have clean and horizontal stamping, much like the original Flair Masterpieces from '97.

Then another copy of the Griffey base version drops last night; better stamping than the one in December, but text still slanted downwards.

Then I see the Pat Meares that @ThunderFan25 pack pulled, which had lower-quality 1/1 stamping than others I've seen, with downward slanting text.

This leads me to believe that '99 Ultra Masterpieces did not have high stamping quality control (look at the David Wells this seller has!) Given that there have now been two Griffeys that have similar stamping quality, my belief (like Ryan - not fact based) is that Fleer made multiple sheets of '99 Masterpieces and stamped them. Their bankruptcy allowed them to enter the secondary market. Thus, just like '99 Ultimate Victory, '98 SI, and '98 Score 1/1's, some players have more than 1 copy in circulation, except these Ultras are stamped.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    I agree.

Originally thought the Griffey (base version) that sold back in December was questionable due to the "Only 1/1..." stamp not being clean and the full text slanting downward/not being perfectly horizontal across the card - thought it was a damage replacement that was printed and stamped after the fact due to multiple previous posts stating how 99 Ultra baseball had backdoored copies out there. I thought that the pack-pulled version would have clean and horizontal stamping, much like the original Flair Masterpieces from '97.

Then another copy of the Griffey base version drops last night; better stamping than the one in December, but text still slanted downwards.

Then I see the Pat Meares that @ThunderFan25 pack pulled, which had lower-quality 1/1 stamping than others I've seen, with downward slanting text.

This leads me to believe that '99 Ultra Masterpieces did not have high stamping quality control (look at the David Wells this seller has!) Given that there have now been two Griffeys that have similar stamping quality, my belief (like Ryan - not fact based) is that Fleer made multiple sheets of '99 Masterpieces and stamped them. Their bankruptcy allowed them to enter the secondary market. Thus, just like '99 Ultimate Victory, '98 SI, and '98 Score 1/1's, some players have more than 1 copy in circulation, except these Ultras are stamped.
    so all are technically authentic and NOT after market stamped from uncut sheets. i guess the 1998 ultra has the same issue as i recall someone having multiple copies of a player...believe manny ramirez?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 90s 1/1 I'm a fan of are the 99 Gem Master, Mirror Blacks and 98 Pinnacle Mirror Artist Proofs. Pretty much everything else is basically a 1 of 2 or 3. Imagine paying like 6k for a 1/1 then 2 more pop up I'd be pretty pissed

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Griffeys other twin 1/1 card from 1998 Score, but Ive yet to seen the double of this one.................. YET

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few pickups today...
    after looking at the 93 finest kinda upset cause I think top-bottom is o/c...

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pickups on the Cals, again.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Nice pickups on the Cals, again.

Ryan
    Thanks