Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1244 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 24474411441194123412401241124212431244124512461247124812541294 ... LastLast
Results 18,646 to 18,660 of 19547

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

  1. #18646
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    371
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Oops I now see this was mentioned earlier.

    How do so many of these come from one source? All the big names too....
    Last edited by Gjb70; 03-09-2017 at 08:26 AM.

  2. #18647
    Junior Member forgerelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to be someone that was just into 90's inserts and 1/1's before they went crazy. It only my 4th 90's 1/1 Mariano and the first one I've ever seen in the wild.

    Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

  3. #18648
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,650
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seller states they have a few more that will be listed. I am leaning away from these being the pack issued ones, more towards a stamped replacement set. But that's just my thoughts, and not fact based.

    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN





    BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

  4. #18649
    Member KLARNOLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Owensboro, KY
    Posts
    1,169
     lanlord99
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigunitcards View Post
    What's up with all the '99 Ultra Masterpieces just listed, backdoored? Samho just sold the Jeter in January.
    For some reason I remember a Beckett article about some Fleer Ultra cards that were mistakenly stamped with the the Masterpiece foil on them, therefore creating multiple copies of a particular card.

  5. #18650
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLARNOLD View Post
    For some reason I remember a Beckett article about some Fleer Ultra cards that were mistakenly stamped with the the Masterpiece foil on them, therefore creating multiple copies of a particular card.

    If it's the ones I'm thinking of yes... they did do that but they were numbered as part of the legacy.... so to /100. But had the purple foil on the front.

  6. #18651
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Just like shown here... these are both /100


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #18652
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Griffey 99 ultra masterpiece had been sold in Nov-Dec I believe as well.

  8. #18653
    Junior Member Matthew J Burrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southeast Alaska
    Posts
    229
     burrowsm_3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripkenfan126 View Post


    Just like shown here... these are both /100


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I absolutely LOVE Flair Legacies!

  9. #18654
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Seller states they have a few more that will be listed. I am leaning away from these being the pack issued ones, more towards a stamped replacement set. But that's just my thoughts, and not fact based.

    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    I agree.

    Originally thought the Griffey (base version) that sold back in December was questionable due to the "Only 1/1..." stamp not being clean and the full text slanting downward/not being perfectly horizontal across the card - thought it was a damage replacement that was printed and stamped after the fact due to multiple previous posts stating how 99 Ultra baseball had backdoored copies out there. I thought that the pack-pulled version would have clean and horizontal stamping, much like the original Flair Masterpieces from '97.

    Then another copy of the Griffey base version drops last night; better stamping than the one in December, but text still slanted downwards.

    Then I see the Pat Meares that @ThunderFan25 pack pulled, which had lower-quality 1/1 stamping than others I've seen, with downward slanting text.

    This leads me to believe that '99 Ultra Masterpieces did not have high stamping quality control (look at the David Wells this seller has!) Given that there have now been two Griffeys that have similar stamping quality, my belief (like Ryan - not fact based) is that Fleer made multiple sheets of '99 Masterpieces and stamped them. Their bankruptcy allowed them to enter the secondary market. Thus, just like '99 Ultimate Victory, '98 SI, and '98 Score 1/1's, some players have more than 1 copy in circulation, except these Ultras are stamped.

  10. #18655
    Junior Member hairyharold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    I agree.

    Originally thought the Griffey (base version) that sold back in December was questionable due to the "Only 1/1..." stamp not being clean and the full text slanting downward/not being perfectly horizontal across the card - thought it was a damage replacement that was printed and stamped after the fact due to multiple previous posts stating how 99 Ultra baseball had backdoored copies out there. I thought that the pack-pulled version would have clean and horizontal stamping, much like the original Flair Masterpieces from '97.

    Then another copy of the Griffey base version drops last night; better stamping than the one in December, but text still slanted downwards.

    Then I see the Pat Meares that @ThunderFan25 pack pulled, which had lower-quality 1/1 stamping than others I've seen, with downward slanting text.

    This leads me to believe that '99 Ultra Masterpieces did not have high stamping quality control (look at the David Wells this seller has!) Given that there have now been two Griffeys that have similar stamping quality, my belief (like Ryan - not fact based) is that Fleer made multiple sheets of '99 Masterpieces and stamped them. Their bankruptcy allowed them to enter the secondary market. Thus, just like '99 Ultimate Victory, '98 SI, and '98 Score 1/1's, some players have more than 1 copy in circulation, except these Ultras are stamped.
    so all are technically authentic and NOT after market stamped from uncut sheets. i guess the 1998 ultra has the same issue as i recall someone having multiple copies of a player...believe manny ramirez?

  11. #18656
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    574
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 90s 1/1 I'm a fan of are the 99 Gem Master, Mirror Blacks and 98 Pinnacle Mirror Artist Proofs. Pretty much everything else is basically a 1 of 2 or 3. Imagine paying like 6k for a 1/1 then 2 more pop up I'd be pretty pissed

  12. #18657
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,469
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Griffeys other twin 1/1 card from 1998 Score, but Ive yet to seen the double of this one.................. YET


  13. #18658
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)




    A few pickups today...
    after looking at the 93 finest kinda upset cause I think top-bottom is o/c...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #18659
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,650
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pickups on the Cals, again.


    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN





    BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

  15. #18660
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Nice pickups on the Cals, again.


    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •