Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1247 of 1274 FirstFirst ... 2477471147119712371243124412451246124712481249125012511257 ... LastLast
Results 18,691 to 18,705 of 19107

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

  1. #18691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,296
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gradedeflator View Post
    Back to the 99 fleet ultra masterpieces - Looks like Griffey #72 sold, but I see another listed by same seller. Same card or do we think he has multiple copies???
    prolly relisted both auctions have this title 1999 Fleer Ultra Masterpiece 1/1 #72 Ken Griffey Jr 551047

  2. #18692
    Member athletics07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    822
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpapa View Post
    prolly relisted both auctions have this title 1999 Fleer Ultra Masterpiece 1/1 #72 Ken Griffey Jr 551047
    I'd guess the buyer backed out.

  3. #18693
    Senior Member 1st4040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, Ma.
    Posts
    5,715
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrandtw View Post
    A week or two ago there was the discussion about the Pinnacle pins. I now ask the experts, can anyone shed some light on the 1999 Pinheads? I see there are 2 different packages both labeled "First Edition". I also see some players have key chains, but I have never seen an ARod. Does anyone know about these things?
    These are a pretty tough find. I never found the pinhead itself of my guy but I did own the key chain. There were always the same players listed on Ebay to the point it seemed like certain ones were produced with more volume than others.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JoseCansecoPC1999265.jpg  


  4. #18694
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    669
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some recent pick ups!








  5. #18695
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice precious metals!
    I saw you were getting those the other day!!

  6. #18696
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,232
     BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st4040 View Post
    These are a pretty tough find. I never found the pinhead itself of my guy but I did own the key chain. There were always the same players listed on Ebay to the point it seemed like certain ones were produced with more volume than others.
    Is the packaging on that a simple cellophane baggie? Jose wasn't on the original 1999 checklist, and that's a 1999 style, nor is the packaging standard. I think you may have a promotional item of some sort.

  7. #18697
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,232
     BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So all the documentation I had stated the same 30 pins were available as keychains. It looks like that may be questionable at best. That said, this is kind of cool.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170311_121009.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	68358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170311_121017.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	68359
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170311_121019.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	968.7 KB 
ID:	68360
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170311_121024.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	978.9 KB 
ID:	68361

  8. #18698
    Senior Member 1st4040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, Ma.
    Posts
    5,715
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunchOBull View Post
    Is the packaging on that a simple cellophane baggie? Jose wasn't on the original 1999 checklist, and that's a 1999 style, nor is the packaging standard. I think you may have a promotional item of some sort.
    thats the way I bought it just a small celophane wrapper on it. maybe it had a hanging cardboard top to it that was removed I don't know. its the only Jose I've ever seen so nothing to compare it to


  9. #18699
    Junior Member forgerelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone is interested in any of the other 1999 Fleer Masterpiece 1/1 you can see their but it now auto accept amounts on the website. Search in the online store here: http://www.cleansweepauctions.com/listview.cgi

    Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

  10. #18700
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is almost 0 chance, at least IMO, these were a pack issued version. If there was any way (maybe Samho and friends) could shed light they were at least stamped by Fleer origianlly, it makes some appealing. If not, then it sucks. I mean the 2 McGwire at $300 each, the Maddux at $500 etc are all nice if somewhat original.

    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN





    BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

  11. #18701
    Junior Member forgerelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're probably right about these not being pack issued. No way could someone get this many 1/1's from the same set and have all these superstars.

    However, I have my Mariano in hand and I'm comparing it to a 2001 Fleer Showcase Mariano 1/1 and the stamping looks good to me. I checked the card under a 30x magnifier and I can't see anything that would make me think it's counterfeit. Mariano also wasn't considered a superstar until after the Fleer bankruptcy.

    I am no expert on these kinds of things but if I had to guess I would say these were made and stamped by Fleer as replacements. It doesn't look like anyone else paid big money for any of the ones that sold. Except for me. But it's the 1st 1990's 1/1 that I've ever seen for sale and I was not going to let it go.

    Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

  12. #18702
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forgerelli View Post
    You're probably right about these not being pack issued. No way could someone get this many 1/1's from the same set and have all these superstars.

    However, I have my Mariano in hand and I'm comparing it to a 2001 Fleer Showcase Mariano 1/1 and the stamping looks good to me. I checked the card under a 30x magnifier and I can't see anything that would make me think it's counterfeit. Mariano also wasn't considered a superstar until after the Fleer bankruptcy.

    I am no expert on these kinds of things but if I had to guess I would say these were made and stamped by Fleer as replacements. It doesn't look like anyone else paid big money for any of the ones that sold. Except for me. But it's the 1st 1990's 1/1 that I've ever seen for sale and I was not going to let it go.

    Scott F
    It's a risk you may have had to take. I hope the pack issued one shows up for you at some point.



    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN





    BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

  13. #18703
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,296
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  14. #18704
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  15. #18705
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,146
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randy Johnson collectors there are some nice cards up from a seller in Japan! Along with some other stars
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/rookiestar60...p2047675.l2562
    Cal Ripken Supercollector

    ***Tradelist***

    My Cal Ripken Collection

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •