Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1348 of 1356 FirstFirst ... 348848124812981338134413451346134713481349135013511352 ... LastLast
Results 20,206 to 20,220 of 20332

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Junior Member Matthew J Burrows's Avatar
     burrowsm_3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    The Juan, Mariano Rivera, and the Frank Thomas sold. none of the others got a bid? I thought the Bagwell would have gotten the $199.00 opening bid. NADA.
    There wasn't an A-Rod was there?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forgerelli View Post
    I got the Mo. Mariano isn't in that many rare 90's inserts so when when one comes up I go for it.

Scott F
    Congrats. Super Sweet.
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 10, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the MLB know you’d like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpapa View Post
    That should be in a museum of fine art! Seriously it should.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    The Juan, Mariano Rivera, and the Frank Thomas sold. none of the others got a bid? I thought the Bagwell would have gotten the $199.00 opening bid. NADA.
    I have a Piazza, would have been interested in the recent listing has opening bid been less

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone remember what the unreleased test set from 1997 or 1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified was called?

There was an uncut sheet on Ebay a few years ago and I forgot to bid.

But the set was mostly gold, was most likely from the 98 set that was never released.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyGayExquisite View Post
    Does anyone remember what the unreleased test set from 1997 or 1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified was called?

There was an uncut sheet on Ebay a few years ago and I forgot to bid.

But the set was mostly gold, was most likely from the 98 set that was never released.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Pinnac...57=&rmvSB=true
    Let the MLB know you’d like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I recall, the uncut sheet was all Certified Destiny Gold and Certified Team Gold inserts. They had a concentric design, very similar to that set's 1998 Totally Certified Platinum Gold parallel. Wish I saved the pictures.

This uncut sheet is the only evidence I've seen showing that these inserts were actually produced. If one sheet exists...I believe more were printed or even cut.

Now, where is an actual copy (not a Beckett magazine picture) of a 1998 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Black? That would be game-changing.

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    From what I recall, the uncut sheet was all Certified Destiny Gold and Certified Team Gold inserts. They had a concentric design, very similar to that set's 1998 Totally Certified Platinum Gold parallel. Wish I saved the pictures.
    some pics on worthpoint

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...tiny-849993651

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1998-pinnacle-certified-gold-destiny_1_f974551206332ed36ded1e4a1ac6c63c.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	75522
    Randy Johnson Collector!! 5,247 Unique Cards & Counting.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/bigunitcards

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bigunitcards - Boom! Great find, thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last word on the 1998 Pinnacle PWCC auctions

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    I led from the first day, got sniped at the end. I'm not sad. Would liked to have it but something still doesn't smell right so I'm glad I didn't over pay for it. For those that really want their targets I hope you do well.
    Guys , I think there is about a 50% chance you will get a second shot at owning these cards . I watched all of the Jeter items end and the Griffey Rare Form . One bidder one most of the Jeter items to the tune of 12K . The funny thing is on almost every card I watched including the Griffey there was a bidder that as soon as the auctions were over became a non registered user . Thank ebay for that , create an account , shill the crap out of those auctions and then cancel your account . I feel bad for anyone that won those auctions , because you got robbed . My guess is the winner on the Jeter items ( especially if he won any of the player listings ) may be the original owner of these cards or possibly one of his cronies and these cards will come to market again one day . Good to luck to all on the next go around and BUYER BEWARE ! Later , John

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stressreelief View Post
    Guys , I think there is about a 50% chance you will get a second shot at owning these cards . I watched all of the Jeter items end and the Griffey Rare Form . One bidder one most of the Jeter items to the tune of 12K . The funny thing is on almost every card I watched including the Griffey there was a bidder that as soon as the auctions were over became a non registered user . Thank ebay for that , create an account , shill the crap out of those auctions and then cancel your account . I feel bad for anyone that won those auctions , because you got robbed . My guess is the winner on the Jeter items ( especially if he won any of the player listings ) may be the original owner of these cards or possibly one of his cronies and these cards will come to market again one day . Good to luck to all on the next go around and BUYER BEWARE ! Later , John
    Agreed. The Maddux prices were way above what I thought they would go for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a few minutes to view other players

Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    Agreed. The Maddux prices were way above what I thought they would go for.
    Guys , I had a few minutes so i pulled up the completed auctions and the non registered user ( o***i ) pushed up most of the other auctions and actually was top bidder on a few . To be right there in 2nd or 3rd place that many times makes you think that individual was sitting behind the computer screen watching the bids come in . That whole auction sucked for anyone that really wanted to own some of those pieces for the right reasons ! Later , John

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the one legit sale I know of for sure won the Epix Griffey I wanted and went the the nicest and most sane Griffey Collector...Nikegreekvictory