Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1323 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 3238231223127313131319132013211322132313241325132613271333 ... LastLast
Results 19,831 to 19,845 of 20010

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gradedeflator View Post
    For guys who recently added 1998 pinnacle cards from the new batch to hit the market - How is the condition of the cards? Peel in tact?
    Overall condition is terrific. It's hard to see in the pic I posted but the protective peel is started to come up about a millimeter the whole way around.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfecto
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx. Interesting. Mine look beat up. Lots of surface scratches and peeling. Mouschi's source is diff than eBay guy so maybe that's the diff but I suspect both sellers know each other and the source of the cards is the same.

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For guys who recently added 1998 pinnacle cards from the new batch to hit the market - How is the condition of the cards? Peel in tact?
    Solid

Funny that his comment to me was “these were cards that I picked up off of the floor on the way out of the door.”

colima311
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here pick up any of the 1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proof Wrong Foils that were up on eBay?
    Seller had a couple dozen with a bunch of the big names.
    I landed the Piazza, glad to finally cross this one off the list.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic311 View Post
    Anyone here pick up any of the 1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proof Wrong Foils that were up on eBay?
    Seller had a couple dozen with a bunch of the big names.
    I landed the Piazza, glad to finally cross this one off the list.
    I was just going to ask that. I put in mid tier bids for all when posted but got busy with life and forgot about them completely. Griffey went for $100, like 1/4 of what the last one went for. Came away with a handful but definitely should have gotten more aggressive. Ripken was cheap too at $120. Great deals to be had here.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202079884415

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess mine were literally on the bottom of the stack of cards that were lying on the floor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Solid

Funny that his comment to me was “these were cards that I picked up off of the floor on the way out of the door.”

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess mine were literally on the bottom of the stack of cards that were lying on the floor!!!
    It sounds like we may be seeing more of these. I'd be interested in know what kind of condition issues are out there. Is the peel off the card and the card is scratched or is the peel just roughed up a bit?

Junior Member Matthew J Burrows's Avatar
     burrowsm_3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't posted any pickups the last few months but I've slowly been picking up a few higher/mid ends that I wanted to share:

Haven't seen many 2000 Topps Stars /99 parallel's out there. The Platinum press proof was especially exciting as I've seen people on this thread mention how hard they are to come by. This is the first I've seen available since I got back into collecting.

Haven't seen much of these either! The lighting in my place stunk tonight so you'll have to forgive the thumb lol

Big shout out to Mouschi for the hookup on this one! Thanks again for the most unique card in my collection so far!

I overpaid like crazy for the Established but I had seen it come and go thanks to snipes 4 times...not again

I'm still on the hunt for the Fortune 15 refractor, The Early Road to the Hall Refractor, and of course the Team Pinnacle Gold with Larkin. Please let me know if you come across any of these! I check this thread daily and really enjoy everything I'm learning about all these unreleased cards!
    Last edited by Matthew J Burrows; 10-23-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx. Interesting. Mine look beat up. Lots of surface scratches and peeling. Mouschi's source is diff than eBay guy so maybe that's the diff but I suspect both sellers know each other and the source of the cards is the same.
    They are different sources - Pinnacle was in the same area they were, so it is a hot bed of sorts for these kinds of cards to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Solid

Ahh, you spoke to him - that answers my question I had out to you then.

He said the same thing to me - that kind of enhances the story imo, about the cards almost having been thrown away.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seller I dealt with was aware of the other guys stuff...or it seemed like he had seen the blues and golds, and some statement he made implied (to me) that both guys split something from Pinnacle

It's very possible I misunderstood

Am curious how much of this stuff is still around...pls don't let it be a ton otherwise I might regret what I've paid!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    They are different sources - Pinnacle was in the same area they were, so it is a hot bed of sorts for these kinds of cards to come out.

Ahh, you spoke to him - that answers my question I had out to you then.

He said the same thing to me - that kind of enhances the story imo, about the cards almost having been thrown away.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seller I dealt with was aware of the other guys stuff...or it seemed like he had seen the blues and golds, and some statement he made implied (to me) that both guys split something from Pinnacle

It's very possible I misunderstood

Am curious how much of this stuff is still around...pls don't let it be a ton otherwise I might regret what I've paid!!!!
    My understanding based upon talking to them is this: They did not get the stuff from the same seller; that the guy who originally put them on ebay only put them up online after having heard the guy I got mine from picked up a collection. It is also my understanding that for whatever they had in mirrors, there *may* be a single extra here or there, but the vast majority of the mirrors were the only ones they had each. Again though, that is what I took away from my conversations with them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Tanner, I was fortunate enough to deal directly with the aforementioned dealer AKA "Pinnacle Man" and snag some incredibly rare Select and Pinnacle Certified bankruptcy Griffeys. Never knew some of these existed and never imagined that I would own any of these!

Select 4-Star
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	74059

Select Rare Form (first time I've ever seen a card in this set)

Name:	FullSizeRender1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	74060

Pinnacle Certified Base

Name:	FullSizeRender2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	74065

Pinnacle Certified Certified Legends (first time I've seen a Griffey from this subset)

Name:	FullSizeRender3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	74072

Run of the '98 Epix Moments (The Griffey Moment - the rarest of the Epix cards - was supposed to be released in '98 PC; thus, always thought this version did not exist for him)

Name:	FullSizeRender4.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	74073

Name:	FullSizeRender5.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	74074

Name:	FullSizeRender6.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	74075
    Last edited by tidel144; 10-25-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drooling over those Epix cards. Currently working on the set. Amazing finds!

Run of the '98 Epix Moments (The Griffey Moment - the rarest of the Epix cards - was supposed to be released in '98 PC

colima311
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Griffey's, never seen some of those before. Thanks for sharing
    Could someone PM me the contact info of this "Pinnacle Man".
    I'd like to see if he has any cards I need of the players I PC.