Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1316 of 1322 FirstFirst ... 316816121612661306131213131314131513161317131813191320 ... LastLast
Results 19,726 to 19,740 of 19818

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that 1997 Flair Legacy 1/1 Juan Masterpiece was something else. Those never come up for any player. Although I did notice that there was paper loss on the front of the card, maybe that's why it went sort of low.
    Looking for the following Larkin cards:
    - '96 Select Mirror Gold, Blue, Red
    - '97 Legacy Row 0, 2, '98 Legacy Row 2, 3 '99 Legacy Row 1, 3
    - '97 Circa Rave, '99 Circa Rave
    - '98 Donruss Crusade Purple, Red
    - '98/99 Metal Universe Precious Metals
    - '99 Skybox Premium Star Rubies

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a neat piece that should be incoming today!

In 1991, Fleer came out with a beautiful insert set called Pro Vision. The black borders really popped, and the artwork was second to none. The artist's name is Terry Smith. He does absolutely phenomenal work - if HE did sketch cards, I'd actually collect them of Jose! Anyway, I ran into a Pro Vision supercollector online and saw he had a VERY obscure blank back proof set where each card was signed by Terry on the front. I asked if he would be willing to sell months ago, and he declined...until earlier this week Here it is, incoming!

This appears to be part of a run that was made specially for Terry to sign, as opposed to Fleer just having taken a handful of leftover cards for him to sign. That makes it extra special - special enough for me to want to add it into my collection. I've only seen one other blank back set signed by Terry, and they were signed on the back.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe these were proofs that Terry had in his collection and gifted to several collectors. He gifted me with a few pieces as well.

http://www.bighurthof.com/terry-smith

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post

In 1991, Fleer came out with a beautiful insert set called Pro Vision. The black borders really popped, and the artwork was second to none. The artist's name is Terry Smith. He does absolutely phenomenal work - if HE did sketch cards, I'd actually collect them of Jose! Anyway, I ran into a Pro Vision supercollector online and saw he had a VERY obscure blank back proof set where each card was signed by Terry on the front. I asked if he would be willing to sell months ago, and he declined...until earlier this week Here it is, incoming!

This appears to be part of a run that was made specially for Terry to sign, as opposed to Fleer just having taken a handful of leftover cards for him to sign. That makes it extra special - special enough for me to want to add it into my collection. I've only seen one other blank back set signed by Terry, and they were signed on the back.
    Congrats on landing that! Really cool set, neat backstory too.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunchOBull View Post
    I believe these were proofs that Terry had in his collection and gifted to several collectors. He gifted me with a few pieces as well.

http://www.bighurthof.com/terry-smith
    I ran into your link while I was researching. Very cool!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

juanlasttime
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the one who purchased the Juan Gonzalez 1/1 1997 Flair Row 0 Masterpiece... Happy to have gotten it... Can't wait to get it in hand... First 90's card of Juan that I've gotten in a while that I needed...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post

I'd love to buy the Puckett if it's being sold. I can pm my contact info or you can give it to him if you already have it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanlasttime View Post
    I'm the one who purchased the Juan Gonzalez 1/1 1997 Flair Row 0 Masterpiece... Happy to have gotten it... Can't wait to get it in hand... First 90's card of Juan that I've gotten in a while that I needed...
    Congratulations on obtaining what is likely a cornerstone of any 90's PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great card!

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    I'd love to buy the Puckett if it's being sold. I can pm my contact info or you can give it to him if you already have it.
    PM Sent!

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Eddie

jonebone7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posted in the Ripken thread but this is definitely super sweet 90s My first 1996 Select Certified Mirror, though I finished the Crusades awhile ago and those are still my favorite 90s insert besides 1993 finest refractors. I must say these look sweet in hand, may go after a blue and gold at some point too.

WTB Cal Ripken cards from Cal's playing years!

Looking for PSA 10 Base Cards and Rare 90's inserts!

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    Posted in the Ripken thread but this is definitely super sweet 90s My first 1996 Select Certified Mirror, though I finished the Crusades awhile ago and those are still my favorite 90s insert besides 1993 finest refractors. I must say these look sweet in hand, may go after a blue and gold at some point too.

Top 5 set for me too!