Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Yes, I've heard of those 1992 Topps Round Trippers before and have even seen pictures of the Kirby Puckett front with blank back and The Kirby Puckett back with blank front. The pics I saw were taken several years ago and I've been searching for the Puckett's for my personal collection.

I didn't realize his were also blank front and back. I agree though with Jeremy that these are legit. We both know the person that already owned these and the ones listed match his. Just makes me wonder how many are actually out there.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Got a couple stories... like to hear it? Here it goes...

I was bidding on the Vlad. I meant to set this up as a contingency bid, and failed to do so. Paid more than a I wanted, even though it's a rare card. Now, it's even rarer. This is what it looked like coming out of the washing machine :benson: I guess you can't tell, but this card is waterlogged.

1997 Collector's Choice Instant Winner

attachment.php

Got this for $16. Thought that was pretty good.

1998 Donruss Collections Prized Collections Preferred /55

attachment.php

A seller recently put some Reserve Collection up for auction. I was runner-up on the Nomo, won the Glavine, and runner-up on the Raines. I messaged him asking if he had any commons. He said he had 29 more Reserve Collection cards :eek:

We talk on the phone and he's flipping through the cards. First card he says, "Jimmy Key, semistar." I roll my eyes thinking this is going to be like pulling teeth. Later on he says, "Will Clark, semistar." :mrgreen: Three days later I have this lot:

attachment.php

A bunch knocked off my list, including the the Will Clark. Once I get the Ryno I think all the expensive ones will be checked off. And my fears come true - tracking down extreme no-namers to finish off my set that most sane people would not bother listing.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013

I was bidding on the Vlad. I meant to set this up as a contingency bid, and failed to do so. Paid more than a I wanted, even though it's a rare card. Now, it's even rarer. This is what it looked like coming out of the washing machine :benson: I guess you can't tell, but this card is waterlogged.

attachment.php

attachment.php

A seller recently put some Reserve Collection up for auction. I was runner-up on the Nomo, won the Glavine, and runner-up on the Raines. I messaged him asking if he had any commons. He said he had 29 more Reserve Collection cards :eek:

We talk on the phone and he's flipping through the cards. First card he says, "Jimmy Key, semistar." I roll my eyes thinking this is going to be like pulling teeth. Later on he says, "Will Clark, semistar." :mrgreen: Three days later I have this lot:

attachment.php

A bunch knocked off my list, including the the Will Clark. Once I get the Ryno I think all the expensive ones will be checked off. And my fears come true - tracking down extreme no-namers to finish off my set that most sane people would not bother listing.

Awesome!!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

NICE! From someone who has sold a Will Clark for $400, I would say you did awesome snagging that one. In that set, he's the most expensive, maybe not warranted, but he is :)

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
NICE! From someone who has sold a Will Clark for $400, I would say you did awesome snagging that one. In that set, he's the most expensive, maybe not warranted, but he is :)

Definitely not warranted, but I'd be one of those people to pay $400, Nolan. Haha

Nice Clark!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Definitely not warranted, but I'd be one of those people to pay $400, Nolan. Haha

Nice Clark!

Yeah, me too though, if I still needed it. I had a bounty on that card for years before I found one. I think I offered $200 for it at my peak interest and then luckily stumbled upon one pretty cheap on COMC. I couldn't checkout fast enough. I'm sure rustygreenfan knows the struggle at this point. They simply aren't ever listed.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I sold one at $500, and don't understand why... luckily I picked two up early for $1 or $2 each so I moved a dupe. They are tough but I think someone values them just a tad high. Joel , if I come across another, ill let ya know.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online