Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
f-6434.jpg
f-6435.jpg

f-6437.jpg
f-6451.jpg

Surprised I never realized this before - but 2 of these patterns have swastikas in them. I must be overanalyzing things this morning.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Everybody pick up their 96 pinnacle playing cards? Been chasing that one for 20 years.

Yep!! In fact afterwards I was trying to read up on those a little more and I use your site as a reference sometimes in looking at cards from sets that include both McGwire and Puckett. I noticed that you had a contributed photo and I thought, "I bet I know somebody who's happy tonight..."

I was a little surprised that the Griffey's lasted as long as they did. Perhaps they are not as rare as I thought, but obviously your note about looking for 20 years is evidence they are not easy to come by. Since I got back into the hobby two years ago I just know that this was my first opportunity to get a Puckett.

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Yep!! In fact afterwards I was trying to read up on those a little more and I use your site as a reference sometimes in looking at cards from sets that include both McGwire and Puckett. I noticed that you had a contributed photo and I thought, "I bet I know somebody who's happy tonight..."

I was a little surprised that the Griffey's lasted as long as they did. Perhaps they are not as rare as I thought, but obviously your note about looking for 20 years is evidence they are not easy to come by. Since I got back into the hobby two years ago I just know that this was my first opportunity to get a Puckett.

I was curious myself. Considering this seller has 10 of each card. I guess he could have hoarded them. Who knows.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
If memory serves me correctly, for the fanfest in '96, they had a guy that built a house of cards using these special decks at the show. They did it again in '97. I don't think these were given away which means someone had to grab some from the event itself or backdoor them. I've heard rumors most were destroyed. I don't remember how many decks they printed for the event.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Amen to that!

Members online