Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Think the new Leaf will ever make cards like this again?

sjxnfND.jpg

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
I’ve seen a lot of posts about the 98 epix’s.

What are the rare ones? All emeralds?

Of the 3 colors (Orange, Purple, Emerald), Emerald is the rarest.
Of the 4 types (Play, Game, Season, Moment), Moment is the rarest.

Of the whole set, the Emerald Moment (approximately 30 sets of this color and type produced) is the rarest while the Orange Play is the most common.

For Ripken, his Emerald Moment (distributed in 1998 Pinnacle) was supposed to be his rarest Epix.

However, Ripken's Orange/Purple/Emerald Game Epix could challenge that notion because they were supposed to be released in 1998 Pinnacle Certified, a set that was never officially released. Given that a only few Epix sets from Pinnacle Certified have recently surfaced (to my knowledge for the first time since 1998), one could argue that Ripken's Epix Game could be his rarest now:

Note: These are not mine
IMG_1908.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nice pops Jeff. I've got a stack of stuff to send off w you. ***For those familiar w PSA, can you not look up a player anymore, you have to go year by year?

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ryan-

I do extensive PSA subs as you know
Here ya go buddy on a PSA player pop search
You need to be logged into PSA's site

https://www.psacard.com/pop/playersearch
Thanks Jeff, it had been a long time since I looked at poo report and at first I thought logging in had something to do w it, but somehow I still managed to fail at finding what I was looking for. I appreciate it. I'm gonna send you a email in a few.

Ryan

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
To date in nearly 20 years of grading at BGS the first and ONLY Pristine 10
for 1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors . Not sure on the other insert sets
I just checked the International Refractor pop report looks like this is a Pop 1 Pristine.

attachment.php

This is a Pop1 Clemens the others are BGS 9's

attachment.php

Both of these sets have major centering issues front and back, good job finding well centered copies!

Dec 4, 2008
I know, same seller and all - I arb the TNT auctions. Usually some nice deals in there and very reasonable combined S&H. The reason I asked is that he does such a massive volume of cards - literally thousands of no reserve auctions every week - I would not be surprised to see real ones come through his hands too. The one real 1998 Bowman Chrome Gold Ann Refractor card that I own, I bought from him in Dec 2016, prior to these fakes coming onto the market. I guess part of me just hopes against hope that there are still real ones coming online vs. these obnoxious fakes. Hopefully PSA/BGS will know a fake serial stamp when they see one.

371809811796 1997 Score Stand And Deliver Gold #2 Greg Maddux
1 US $8.01 US $8.01
371809813096 1998 Bowman Chrome Gold #141 J J Davis Rookie RC 12/50
1 US $0.99 US $0.99
371809813131 1998 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor #89 Juan Melo Rookie RC 5/5 1/1
1 US $7.50 US $7.50

Same seller/consignor if previous questioned ones. It sucks it happened to these.

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
I know, same seller and all - I arb the TNT auctions. Usually some nice deals in there and very reasonable combined S&H. The reason I asked is that he does such a massive volume of cards - literally thousands of no reserve auctions every week - I would not be surprised to see real ones come through his hands too. The one real 1998 Bowman Chrome Gold Ann Refractor card that I own, I bought from him in Dec 2016, prior to these fakes coming onto the market. I guess part of me just hopes against hope that there are still real ones coming online vs. these obnoxious fakes. Hopefully PSA/BGS will know a fake serial stamp when they see one.

371809811796 1997 Score Stand And Deliver Gold #2 Greg Maddux
1 US $8.01 US $8.01
371809813096 1998 Bowman Chrome Gold #141 J J Davis Rookie RC 12/50
1 US $0.99 US $0.99
371809813131 1998 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor #89 Juan Melo Rookie RC 5/5 1/1
1 US $7.50 US $7.50

Same seller/consignor if previous questioned ones. It sucks it happened to these.

Where are all these fakes coming from exactly? For instance, why fake a card that's only going to sell for $8.50? What am I missing haha?

Dec 4, 2008
I think that if they were not regarded as fakes, some of the player collector favorites even of minor stars could fetch 50-250+. Best guess. Leximo2 was the seller of the cut sheet cards on a lot of these, but he didn't do anything wrong. Whoever the buyer was decided to alter them. I guess in re alteration it comes down to how much you are willing to sell out your integrity for. With some people the price is startlingly low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
As someone whose carved out a little PC of these cards it's definitely frustrating. Not just for finding new additions but now also having to deal with validation upon potential future re-sale. I'm just happy I picked up a dozen or so of the NNO copies of semistars and up when leximo dropped his prices...at least kept those ones from being altered. Re: encapsulation, I'm pretty sure BGS stabbed a phony Schilling, so...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I haven't looked, but if someone know quickly, are the questionable ones all the same #?

Ryan

Members online