Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
thanks to a heads up from [MENTION=3737]carrsallstars[/MENTION] in this thread.
P4IkAi6.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Incredible pickups!

A Certified Blue/Gold do not exist (to my knowledge) as the original Beckett ad and checklist only lists Certified Red, Mirror Red/Blue/Gold, Totally Certified Blue/Gold, and Mirror Blacks as the parallels.

Million dollar question is if the Mirror Blacks were ever printed. Thousand dollar question is if the full Totally Certified Blue/Gold sets survived the destruction order.

I bet someone out there knows the answer to these questions

Ah OK so mirror blacks may or may not exist. Century legends gold/blue may or may not exist. Base gold/blue or a no go.

Well at least that's a definitive answer on a couple of them! Thanks again R!

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Ah OK so mirror blacks may or may not exist. Century legends gold/blue may or may not exist. Base gold/blue or a no go.

Well at least that's a definitive answer on a couple of them! Thanks again R!

No prob, J! And I could have been clearer - Certified Blue or Gold do not exist for the Base or Certified Legends subset; Certified Red was the only non-Mirror parallel, just as it was in 1997

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
No prob, J! And I could have been clearer - Certified Blue or Gold do not exist for the Base or Certified Legends subset; Certified Red was the only non-Mirror parallel, just as it was in 1997

Ahh got it. I'm going to take them off my list but add them to my side list of things to watch out for then. Thanks a bunch!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I'm in awe at So many collections on here! I sure wish I would have had the knowledge I do now, 5 years ago when prices were much cheaper for Alex's 90's stuff! I think something that'd I'd like to see is a thread about some of the stories people have of finding these gems of theirs!

I agree! I would also love to see a 90’s pickup thread not filled with photobucket non-pics... someone should start a new thread and archive this w/ Super Sweet #1 and Super Sweet #2!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Oh man, I've had my eye on these on COMC for a long time, and they happened to be on a damn good sale, so, I went crazy and grabbed them all:

1998 Pinnacle - [Base] - Press Plate Cyan #LAWA - Larry Walker /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - [Base] - Press Plate Black #190 - Larry Walker /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - Hit it Here - Printing Plate Magenta #1 - Larry Walker /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - Hit it Here - Printing Plate Cyan #1 - Larry Walker /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - [Base] - Press Plate Black #LAWA - Larry Walker /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - Spellbound - Press Plate Magenta Back #LAWA - Larry Walker /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - Spellbound - Press Plate Yellow Back #34 - Larry Walker /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - Spellbound - Press Plate Black #35 - Larry Walker (Card Front) /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - Spellbound - Press Plate Black #33 - Larry Walker (Card Front) /1
Courtesy of COMC.com
1998 Pinnacle - Spellbound - Press Plate Black #35 - Larry Walker (Card Back) /1
Courtesy of COMC.com

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
I agree! I would also love to see a 90’s pickup thread not filled with photobucket non-pics... someone should start a new thread and archive this w/ Super Sweet #1 and Super Sweet #2!

I was thinking the same thing. A chance to show off some cards that people picked up a while ago, and maybe the stories that go with them! I'm going to make my first A-Rod 90's video tomorrow :D

Members online