Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Yea I was happy to pull an auto! I opened a 6 box case of 97 Finest series 2 as well...that Puckett was better than the entire case lol

Jul 22, 2016
Yea I was happy to pull an auto! I opened a 6 box case of 97 Finest series 2 as well...that Puckett was better than the entire case lol
I think they were 1 auto per box. I got 3 boxes and got a Tony Perez, Scott Rolen and Russel Branyan. Hey at least its on card.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1998sheetf.jpg

1998sheetr.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Love that Puckett retro auto, it's one of my favorite on card autos. He had a great signature! It's interesting because I've seen how he signed legal docs differently than the signed cards and memorabilia. I wonder if more players do that as well.

On a side note, I really wish Kirby had a lunchbox available from that retro set.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Retro was the product that was the final straw for me. I had been slowly realizing that after dropping $60 or more on boxes or packs at my LCS that for that money I could be getting the exact cards I wanted on ebay (which was still new to me). There was a box of Retro on the shelf at my LCS with just a pack or two gone. I went through that whole box... the other guy got the auto. I was mad at myself, and after that, didn't buy packs or boxes again until 2010 (and only 90s stuff when I did).

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Love that Puckett retro auto, it's one of my favorite on card autos. He had a great signature! It's interesting because I've seen how he signed legal docs differently than the signed cards and memorabilia. I wonder if more players do that as well.

In my experience, in-person Puckett signatures varied whether it was at a formal signing, or in a stadium parking lot. I got him three times outside of the Metrodome as he arrived for work, they all look like the one below. The one that I got during a World Series reunion signing on the Metrodome concourse, looks like the signature you see on the 1998 Retro.

27189656856_7edcd07a02_z.jpg

Members online