Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Nice run of Piazzas for sure. I actually am surprised how low some went. There were def some nice sales though.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Definitely agreed. I can't help but think listing everything at the same time had to hurt prices. Probably overwhelming for collectors.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Definitely agreed. I can't help but think listing everything at the same time had to hurt prices. Probably overwhelming for collectors.
The one thing for sure is PWCC moves a lot of cards and a lot of $ around daily in the card industry. It's quite amazing.

Ryan

Sonic311

Jun 14, 2016
Paramount, CA
I bid on a bunch of those Piazzas from the recent PWCC auctions and was able to cross off a bunch of wants off my wishlist.
Agree that some went for ridiculous amounts but there were also some that went at what I would consider a steal of a price or at least less than market value.
I'll post my haul later in the week.

Congrats [MENTION=6074]gradedeflator[/MENTION] on picking up that Super Rave. Awesome Card!!!

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^^ Nice , post em up later Between some Platinums, Raves , Metal Gems, 98 Leaf /50 stuff , some 98 Bowman / BChrome items +++ I think there were some good buys.

Ryan

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
59523dace42575dfd8a7452571689d30.png

Anyone in here selling one of this please pm!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I bid on a bunch of those Piazzas from the recent PWCC auctions and was able to cross off a bunch of wants off my wishlist.
Agree that some went for ridiculous amounts but there were also some that went at what I would consider a steal of a price or at least less than market value.
I'll post my haul later in the week.

Congrats [MENTION=6074]gradedeflator[/MENTION] on picking up that Super Rave. Awesome Card!!!

thanks man! can't wait to see what you came away with :)

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
thanks man! can't wait to see what you came away with :)

I gave the mirror atomic /25, certified team mirror gold /25, and the super rave /25 a go. sorry you weren't able to get the mirror atomic as well, but that super rave was a great pickup bud!

was expecting the team mirror gold to go for 3-600. didn't expect it to break 600 especially with 2 refractor lines =(

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014

I find the opposite is true and goob can attest. I try and only list when I have 10-20+ of a player to help bring more people in. When you list one card and nothing else up people can miss it. I miss Griffeys all the time and I'm like how the hell did that happen. When someone lists 10+ cards your bound to see them then check your their other listings. If people can pay $14,000 for an Aaron Judge they can pay $500+ for multiple players cards

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Wondering if anybody could help me out. Came across a 1998 Fleer Ultra Alex Rodriguez "card". It's thinner than a regular card, and the back has info about putting it in a display. Anything know more about this card?

This card along with cards from 97 Sports Illustrated and Circa were made for display purposes. They were inserted at a rate of one per box for each of these products so the shop/store owner could display the card to potential buyers of each respective product. If you search for "Alex Rodriguez 1997 Display" you'll see the 2 other cards made just like this one. I don't know how the box was configured but it obviously had other slots that needed to be filled once a pack or two was opened. ARod was picked as the sample because he a deal with Fleer/Skybox.
[MENTION=6074]gradedeflator[/MENTION] congrats on the Super Rave. Amazing prices on all of those other cards but nothing compared to that Hidalgo.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I find the opposite is true and goob can attest. I try and only list when I have 10-20+ of a player to help bring more people in. When you list one card and nothing else up people can miss it. I miss Griffeys all the time and I'm like how the hell did that happen. When someone lists 10+ cards your bound to see them then check your their other listings. If people can pay $14,000 for an Aaron Judge they can pay $500+ for multiple players cards

Agreed. Listing a bunch at the same time only hurts when you end them all at the exact same time. I've found that if a person wins one auction, they will bid on your auction ending in 3 minutes, in 6 minutes, 9 minutes and so on.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I bought 3 boxes from that guy that was selling out his store inventory he had kept. I wanted more but missed the last ending day.

I bought a box of 97 Certified, 98 Donruss, and 98 Leaf Fractal Matrix

I'll try and update with photos but my best and only noteworthy pull was:
1998 Leaf Materials Die Cut Ripken /50. Pretty pumped on that as I need it for my set that I'm not sure if I'm selling or not haha

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I bought 3 boxes from that guy that was selling out his store inventory he had kept. I wanted more but missed the last ending day.

1998 Leaf Materials Die Cut Ripken /50. Pretty pumped on that as I need it for my set that I'm not sure if I'm selling or not haha

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017

You pulled the diamond axes Ripken?

That's a pretty nice pull!

Members online