Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
There is another set of the Juan Gonzalez Epix cards on COMC. This is the 5Th set of theses I have seen now. SOOOOO how rare are they? The seller wants $350 each. I need them but I won't pay even close to that kind of money.

When all of the copies surfaced last year, I contacted the seller about his Maddux stash, and he wanted an INSANE price per card, even when I offered to buy in bulk. I could never pull the trigger because the of the fact that there really is no way of knowing how much product is out there. I can't imagine paying $300/350 for a Maddux card from the Pinnacle Bankruptcy and then seeing another 10 hit the market over the next few years.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
When all of the copies surfaced last year, I contacted the seller about his Maddux stash, and he wanted an INSANE price per card, even when I offered to buy in bulk. I could never pull the trigger because the of the fact that there really is no way of knowing how much product is out there. I can't imagine paying $300/350 for a Maddux card from the Pinnacle Bankruptcy and then seeing another 10 hit the market over the next few years.

And that WILL happen!

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
There is another set of the Juan Gonzalez Epix cards on COMC. This is the 5Th set of theses I have seen now. SOOOOO how rare are they? The seller wants $350 each. I need them but I won't pay even close to that kind of money.

When I first contacted him about and purchased the Griffey Epix Moment set he had, told me he had between 1-5 full Epix sets of each player that were to be released in Pinnacle Certified. So this being the 5th set of Juan Gonzalez is not surprising. He also had loose cards - for example, while he had 5 full Epix Moment Griffey sets, he also had one-offs of the Orange and Purple Griffey Moment, but not a 6th Emerald.

Big picture, these are the only handful of Pinnacle Certified sets that have surfaced since 1998. Can more surface? Sure. Could these be the only ones that ever surface? Sure. It's a risk either way!

Dec 4, 2008
I want to say $80 but I’d have to see what my buddy got for it.

Any thoughts on what a good price for it would be... the card that is?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I think your $500 obo is reasonable. I would hold out for the higher end of that range. Especially since so mint condition and free of refractor lines. There are a couple high end Mussina collectors. Amazing pull. Congrats!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
WOW! Awesome card. Very strong sale.

This sold for $265.
1999 Topps Gold Label Class 3 Red Vladimir Guerrero Juan Gonzalez #25/25 Error! You can see it in the Juan Gonzalez sold listings.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not a bad sale. I love '90s wax. Got some other boxes at National and a few others online which I really wanted but couldn't get a deal at the show... so went online and got them for myself as a birthday gift... Sunday is my birfffffdayyyyyy!

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Not a bad sale. I love '90s wax. Got some other boxes at National and a few others online which I really wanted but couldn't get a deal at the show... so went online and got them for myself as a birthday gift... Sunday is my birfffffdayyyyyy!

What did ya get? Sounds like a fun series of videos to be made!

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hey everyone!
I was going through my Frank Thomas cards and found this insert from 1999. (UD legends)
20180809_095016.jpg
It was with the base version in my cards but for some reason I skipped over it in the past.
That said, as it is /100, which was quite rare for the 90's, does anybody have any more info about the card and perhaps its value? It's just a question as I have collected Frank Thomas since I was a kid but the past few years put everything aside... slowly getting back into things and well, any info would be great.

Thanks!

PS: None listed on the bay or on COMC or anywhere else for that matter...

Last edited:

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Hey everyone!
I was going through my Frank Thomas cards and found this insert from 1999. (UD legends)
View attachment 82197
It was with the base version in my cards but for some reason I skipped over it in the past.
That said, as it is /100, which was quite rare for the 90's, does anybody have any more info about the card and perhaps its value? It's just a question as I have collected Frank Thomas since I was a kid but the past few years put everything aside... slowly getting back into things and well, any info would be great.

Thanks!

PS: None listed on the bay or on COMC or anywhere else for that matter...

I think a lot of people do the same thing with that card. I just recently picked up a Belle, the first one I’ve seen in about 4-5 years. With a print run of 100, I’m surprised it took so long to find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Finally got a 98 Select 5 star bonus! I know these are the bankruptcy / backdoored cards, but how many do people actually estimate are out there? The print run is /50 but there's no way that many have been available on the secondary market. They just never turn up.

42153638090_72772cf8d2_b.jpg

43962302361_6aa30efe20_b.jpg

Members online