Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1342 of 1364 FirstFirst ... 3428421242129213321338133913401341134213431344134513461352 ... LastLast
Results 20,116 to 20,130 of 20451

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the 1999 Ultra Masterpice's, I'm glad to see they are graded by PSA and not Beckett. PSA usually does not grade sheet cut cards, where Beckett will grade anything. I feel better that my Mariano is at least a real card.

On the Pinnacle bankruptcy cards, there's no Mo so I'm not obsessively researching this but I will say that PWCC does make a decent effort to police their listings. They pulled a fake Mariano auto when I pointed it out to them. The consignor sent it with a PSA sticker and cert but they took my word for it knowing my Mo collection. They will also ban a bidder forever if they are caught shilling. For guys with high feedback like that, I'm assuming they're either serious collectors or flippers and getting banned by THE biggest ebay seller out there would hurt. I'm sure some shilling gets missed, but I would bet that they are watching those listings closely. If you see something truly suspicious point it out to them, they will respond.

I've read dozens of threads talking about why PWCC gets higher prices for their listings than others and I can tell you as someone that buys some decent high end stuff, that they simply have the goods. Not just the good cards, but the best examples of the good cards. I wanted a 1975 George Brett in a PSA 9, and not just any 9, but a perfectly centered one. Guess where I bought it...

I spent a good chunk of my downtime the last 3 days just looking through their new listings. One nice cards leads me to another which leads me to another, and so on. I think I have 50 cards of theirs on my watch list. It's so easy to get caught up bidding before doing some research to make sure you're not paying too much.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CardboardRectangles View Post
    So if these Epix sets were all packed issued, is it assumed that these particular Epix cards were backdoored or technically never put in packs because we know the consigner worked at Pinnacle and he has many other never released Pinnacles cards.

Also, who ever wins the Epix lots, I'd be very interested in the Barry Larkins.
    Could have been. Just because they were pack issued doesn't mean they weren't bought at the bankruptcy sale. Doesn't look like there is a discernible difference between these and the pack issued ones though. Doesn't mean these weren't a test issue either.
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 44 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    Ľ View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    Ľ View Full Statistics
    Ľ Need List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get real about the 1998 Pinnacle auctions

Quote Originally Posted by onionring9 View Post
    Could have been. Just because they were pack issued doesn't mean they weren't bought at the bankruptcy sale. Doesn't look like there is a discernible difference between these and the pack issued ones though. Doesn't mean these weren't a test issue either.
    Guys , There is just too many indicators that show something shady is going on . I have some inside information as two of my closest friends have purchased Jeter cards directly from the consignor and even after the purchase there have been issues with seller giving both of them misinformation as to what he still had left for sale . To this day , none of us knows the extent of what he actually purchased in the deal . My problems with these auctions are as follows :
    1 - A handful of these cards had buy it now prices that were not hit , but now the prices are are higher auction style ?
    2 - The two bidders in question have never bid on any of the rare cards from these individual players before and they have massive feedback ?
    3 - I wouldn't care much about my feedback if i am staring at a large 5 figure/low 6 figure payday sometime next week !
    4 - With that kind of feedback , there is no way you would bid up these prices . Any true collector would not do this to himself and we all use sniping sites to not tip our hand that we are interested in a particular piece .

Like any good umpire , just call it like you see it !

Good luck to any of you that get involved with these auctions . It is already too rich for me !
    As far as the three lots that were distributed in the Zenith product , the bankruptcy occurred around the time Zenith was released so it is also possible that they never finished packaging the full printing of Zenith and these may have been eventually inserted into those packs . I also agree that they might have been replacements that were held back . Either way , you may never get a chance to own the Emeralds again ! John ( stressreelief , #3 Derek Jeter PSA Master Registry )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding some of the 98 Pinnacle auctions... if these 2 bidders were so interested in these cards they are driving the prices up on, why haven't they scooped up the available and much lower priced cards from the same sets that another individual seller has for sale? Just my thoughts.
    Travis Fryman & Steve Yzerman. http://chief7575.webs.com/index.html
    Fryman wants (any 1/1's)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized this card will soon have six HOFers on it. Even though some were well on their way, they were not slam dunks in 1996. Chipper was the riskiest at the time with just one full season under his belt. The football one comes close, but they had some easy selections (Marino and Rice) and then inexplicably threw Jeff Blake on there.

1996 Pinnacle - [Base] - Foil #399 - Frank Thomas, Cal Ripken Jr., Greg Maddux, Mike Piazza, Chipper Jones, Ken Griffey Jr.
    Courtesy of COMC.com
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 10, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

chris19978
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah if I had stupid money to spend I would own a few of those Pinnacle cards next week but I am out of this race good luck John , Nelson hopefully you get a few.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    My want and trade website. http://derekjetercollection.webs.com/
    1992 to 1999 Derek Jeter collector owns 1457 of the 1919 beckett listed cards 76% complete.
    1992 to 1996 haves 305 of 306 99%
    1997 haves 330 of 354 93%
    1998 haves 442 of 673 66%
    1999 haves 380 of 586 65%

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    I just realized this card will soon have six HOFers on it. Even though some were well on their way, they were not slam dunks in 1996. Chipper was the riskiest at the time with just one full season under his belt. The football one comes close, but they had some easy selections (Marino and Rice) and then inexplicably threw Jeff Blake on there.
    I'm sure Jeff Blake is in the East Carolina Hall of Fame.

Really was a great QB but unfortunately had to play for the Bengals. I'm sure they'd take Blake over Andy Dalton.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my! White whale for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I

Wow! Hereís mine!

Always wondered what this may bring at auction, but donít really wanna sell! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripkenfan126 View Post
    I

Wow! Here’s mine!

Always wondered what this may bring at auction, but don’t really wanna sell! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seeing what I've seen of your collection on here if cry for you if you sold that, mirror blacks are breathtaking! Cornerstone of collections

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Seeing what I've seen of your collection on here if cry for you if you sold that, mirror blacks are breathtaking! Cornerstone of collections
    Iím not selling! Always just been curious!
    I see the Maddux already sold!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_hitter View Post
    Why would someone grade that? Authentication?
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 10, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, for a card like that, I would grade it solely for the authentication.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some other reasons to grade your cards

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    Why would someone grade that? Authentication?
    Guys and Nelson , I grade for a couple different reasons . The #1 reason is it is kind of an insurance policy . If something was to happen to me , I can't expect my wife and kids to know what to do with my collection . With the card graded , all you have to do is take a picture and use the caption from the grading label as your EBAY title and you guys will do all the rest . Reason #2 is when I first started to sell on EBAY ( raw cards ) , I would get people complaining about the condition and wanting a discount or a full refund after they received the card . I've also refunded and the guy on the other end sends me back the same card in a lesser condition ( switched out ) . Since I started only selling graded cards , I have had only one card ever returned and that was because the postal machine smashed the plastic holder . You can never get an argument about the grade , they can take that up with PSA or Beckett if they don't like it . For these two reasons alone , it is worth the 7 bucks a card ! Thanks , John