Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Congrats on the steal!
I did a search on the Beckett Database but was not able to find the /10 version. Just the base, double /2000, triple /100 and quadruple /1.

I think the quadruple is an error and is /10 not /1 for this set. Multiple other people have posted theirs in here as well.

I think it depended on the insert set what the quadruple was #'d to.

Dan

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Thanks. Everything on it is super crisp. Was nervous it might have been in less than great condition or shipped in a PWE in just a penny sleeve given the way it was listed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

That must have been an nervous package opening I bet! This makes me think I need to scour the bay a little harder just in case someone lists an A-Rod incorrectly one of these days

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
I received my Juan Gonzalez EPIX set today.

Now you Will Clark collectors have another "cameo" to chase!

IMG_20171027_0037.jpg

Last edited:

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
I just got a "steal" on on of the white whales I've been chasing for my A-Rod Mariners collection. Was prepared to pay double what I won it for. Pics coming next week :D

Those epix look sweet, especially under the light!

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
Looking forward to the white whale photos.

Maybe I should send off the EPIX cards to Moushci, so he can break out his crazy dance moves on them.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
The fact that they changed the name of the set between promo and release makes me love these samples. Not all that rare but just cool.

i-wMdLFtR-M.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Came across this listing and thought it was pretty cool. The break value should be around 2x the bid But may opt to keep it just for the sheer time it took to assemble and because this was an iconic set for me as a teenager in 1996.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/391913233903

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I thought that was unclear exactly what you were getting. Are you getting full complete sets of Gold Medallion Thunder Clap, Gold Medallion Hitting Machines, and Gold Medallion HR Kings?

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I thought that was unclear exactly what you were getting. Are you getting full complete sets of Gold Medallion Thunder Clap, Gold Medallion Hitting Machines, and Gold Medallion HR Kings?

Talk about burying the lead... Griffey Hitting Machine Gold Medallion is on page 3 of photos... I think you got an awesome deal if it includes ALL reg and gold medallion cards/inserts from 96.

Dec 4, 2008
Yep! Totally was unclear in the listing, right? 99.5% sure this is the full and complete run of both base AND gold medallion sets, saving for the 2 hardest Gold Med sets in Thunderclap and Home Run Kings. Pretty cool, I think, and no doubt will take up something crazy like 200 9-pocket pages if that is how the seller intends to send them. He likes to list other sets this way too. Great value for buyers who like to break sets.

Members online